Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

37 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The idea that back in the day our support was always very noisy and ultra like is something of a myth, yes there were many great days but there were also days when it was dire. I have witnessed days /nights at the kp that were certainly a match for filbo. I think the sanitized nature of the match day experience and the availability of tickets for groups of friends to be together certainly doesn't help. I also think some on here overly big up some of our rivals support and seem to down play ours. A singing section in an expanded kp with a standing section would change everything. 

Just got to hope the club see sense and want this.

Worryingly everything I have seen and heard on expansion is about ‘premier seats’ and corporate boxes.

On 15/02/2020 at 09:32, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Singing in the stands doesn't get you likes on the internet unfortunately. 

This is so true. I was in the stands when the pre-match drink flinging was taking place, but after 90 minutes of mutness (including me, I was knackered and uninspired by the game) they suddenly piped up in the concourse, on the walk out of the ground. What happened? Lads around me instantly firing up their phones for a Snapchat or Insta post.

There's a whole misnomer around "OAPs" who, by the way, have every right to be there having likely been at the game for years and years and years preceding the young lads who disrespect them. The flaw is that it hinges on there being thousands of lads who want to take their place and make noise. In reality they don't. They need enough content for their videos to impress their mates, and then they'll shut up. They're no better than the True Fox or the OAPs they disregard to easily.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

This is so true. I was in the stands when the pre-match drink flinging was taking place, but after 90 minutes of mutness (including me, I was knackered and uninspired by the game) they suddenly piped up in the concourse, on the walk out of the ground. What happened? Lads around me instantly firing up their phones for a Snapchat or Insta post.

There's a whole misnomer around "OAPs" who, by the way, have every right to be there having likely been at the game for years and years and years preceding the young lads who disrespect them. The flaw is that it hinges on there being thousands of lads who want to take their place and make noise. In reality they don't. They need enough content for their videos to impress their mates, and then they'll shut up. They're no better than the True Fox or the OAPs they disregard to easily.

Yeah spot on. It's not the fault of the 10% of older people that make up our ends, it's the fault of the 75% of "lads" who basically don't have the bollocks and/or the pride to sing in the stands when the opposition fans can see them. Anybody can give it the biggun in the concourse when it's just Leicester around but it takes some minerals to be next to the South Bank at Wolves for example and to be visibly supporting your team. 

Maybe it's a regional thing, Notts Forest's end at WBA at the weekend look pathetic as well even when they equalised in the 90th. lol 

33 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The games gone I'm afraid. 

Maybe UFS can crowd fund for an ultras box

Adding boxes in doesn't mean they can't designate an area for us scumbags to enjoy ourselves as well! They're not mutually exclusive. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah spot on. It's not the fault of the 10% of older people that make up our ends, it's the fault of the 75% of "lads" who basically don't have the bollocks and/or the pride to sing in the stands when the opposition fans can see them. Anybody can give it the biggun in the concourse when it's just Leicester around but it takes some minerals to be next to the South Bank at Wolves for example and to be visibly supporting your team. 

Maybe it's a regional thing, Notts Forest's end at WBA at the weekend look pathetic as well even when they equalised in the 90th. lol 

Adding boxes in doesn't mean they can't designate an area for us scumbags to enjoy ourselves as well! They're not mutually exclusive. 

I've sometimes thought this. Maybe because we aren't a 'footballing' city the likes of Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle and arguably Sheffield and Birmingham are too.

On 17/02/2020 at 09:25, Footballwipe said:

Very well written, truly insightful. Thank you 

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I almost feel like jacking it in after seeing the Atletico supporters tonight, what an atmosphere they create. If only we could get 20% of that here we'd have some sort of home advantage. 

Their fans are magnificent but they're a club with a lot of history from one of Europe's greatest cities. 

We've come such a long way in such a short time but our fans should be better considering what we've achieved and how proud we should all be. 

I'd never consider jacking it in though. 

I'd have to do shit jobs around the house if I didn't go😄

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I almost feel like jacking it in after seeing the Atletico supporters tonight, what an atmosphere they create. If only we could get 20% of that here we'd have some sort of home advantage. 

Slightly unfair comparison, our Champions League atmospheres at home were generally excellent and, should we qualify, I would expect it to be similar next season.

Just need to get the noise going on Saturday.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Corky said:

Slightly unfair comparison, our Champions League atmospheres at home were generally excellent and, should we qualify, I would expect it to be similar next season.

I think expecting us to get 20% of that atmosphere on a regular basis is fair.

Let's aim high.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Corky said:

We'll certainly have to up our game if Dortmund, Benfica, Juve etc come to town. 

Cimpletely agree. It's typical of todays society though sadly.

9 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

We'll certainly have to up our game if Dortmund, Benfica, Juve etc come to town. 

To be honest we had one of the best set of active supporters in Europe at the KP when Copenhagen came and I heard nothing from them. Partly down to the club saying they couldn't bring their drums and megaphones in though. Personally I feel that's partly why they did the pyro display at our ground.

In all honesty the away fans at CL ties shouldn't stand a chance. 5% is simply too small an allocation for them to control an away ground. Looking at the seeding from last year and assuming we'd be in pot three then the worst (or best depending on how you look at it) scenario in terms of away fans in my opinion would be PSG, Dortmund and Atalanta. 

Looking forward to whoever comes as it lifted the whole stadium having a bouncy away end. Pre kick off at the Porto group stage match was incredible in SK1. 

Spot on, these people have been following City for years through thick and thin. The banter lads, instagram 'liiimbs' 'sceeenes' loser army will be gone when social media evaporates, and their fellow faceless loser online 'friends' stop commenting 'wicked pal' on their selfie videos of the 2 minutes they opened their mouths at the football.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Start calling the morons out.

Phones should be banned at the footy. 

Millennials are worse for the atmosphere than OAP's 

The majority of those who actually do bother to open their gobs are younger though, so I don't think that's a fair generalisation.

All in for banning phones though.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Start calling the morons out.

Phones should be banned at the footy. 

Millennials are worse for the atmosphere than OAP's 

anyone with a phone should be given a banning order imo. Everyone should also have to wear a noise monitor, if they register below a certain average over the course of the 90 mins, they should also receive a 3 match ban. 

• Haha 1