Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

10 hours ago, Vardy Party said:

Our home support seems to be improving. I thought it was a decent atmosphere against West Ham & although it was flat atmosphere in the first half yesterday, second half after Barnes scored it was very good. The new chant “were on our way” caught on really well.  Thoughts 

That's called 'you only sing when you're winning' 

• Like 2

Is it just me, or is there a strong correlation between fans who moan we never sign world-class players and fans who reckon our players will be off to a "big club" as soon as they develop into world-class players?

Which is just bizarre.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/esteban-cambiasso-makes-leicester-city-3814191

Esteban Cambiasso makes Leicester City recommendation to Inter Milan

Esteban Cambiasso has told architects to use Leicester City’s King Power Stadium as inspiration for Inter Milan’s new ground.

The City cult hero is a legend at Inter, having helped them win the Champions League in 2010, and was invited to discuss the club’s new stadium by Progetto CMR, an architectural firm competing to build the new San Siro, which will again be shared with AC Milan. 

Discussing the atmosphere in the new 60,000-seater stadium, Cambiasso told Progetto CMR to look at City’s home as an example of how to create a noisy ground.

Massimo Roj, CEO of CMR, and architect Giovanni Giacobone told Passione Inter:“Just this morning Esteban Cambiasso paid a visit to our studio and told us how he was impressed by his time in Leicester, that the stadium was able to retain noise and thus create a unique atmosphere.

“Here, we would like to give the Milanese fans some of that atmosphere: unique and fiery.”

Cambiasso spent one season with City, in 2014-15, winning the club’s player of the year award after inspiring Nigel Pearson’s side to an unlikely escape from relegation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

It would appear only about 11/12,000 season tickets holders have bought tickets for the Brum FA Cup game, really poor effort, lets hope we can still sell it out.

I think that's generous. I reckon it's about a third of seats gone, seeing as there's only 26k home tickets available that's about 8 or 9k sold. 

It'll get there eventually I think. 

Yeah the pricing isn’t great. If we want to fill the stadium then keep it at £10 for STHs and £15 for non STHs and obviously less for kids. We used to have a few cup games included in season tickets, I’m not sure why we don’t now. It’s expense after expense these days. 

Wow, I sound old >_<

• Like 4

What's the FA Cup rules these days? I remember we got into a bunfight with Dagenham and Stevenage all those years ago over pricing because they had a say in setting it, and the FA resolved it. Do we just set it now? If so that reflects even worse on us. £20, Wednesday, likely second string, what did they expect??

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

What's the FA Cup rules these days? I remember we got into a bunfight with Dagenham and Stevenage all those years ago over pricing because they had a say in setting it, and the FA resolved it. Do we just set it now? If so that reflects even worse on us. £20, Wednesday, likely second string, what did they expect??

I think the two clubs still have to agree.

24 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

£20 is okay. If we get to the final there'll be 50,000 wanting tickets at 4 or 5 times the price. Let's hope they put a cup loyalty priority in place for previous rounds of we get there.

It could be much better, and £25 for non-STs for a midweek game against lower league opposition is a joke, not to mention 18-22s having to fork out a score.

I love the FA Cup and always strive to make as many of our ties as I can each season, but I can easily see why folks have been put off this one. If it ends up feeling like a Birmingham home game and their team get a boost from that which wins them the game then we can lay some of the blame at the club for pricing this game as they have.

• Like 1