Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Formula 1 2020

On 04/08/2020 at 23:32, The Bear said:

I love Hamilton as a driver and used to as a person, but lately he's become a bit too "woke" and a bit far up himself. Like telling people they shouldn't eat meat to help the environment when he's part of a sport and travelling circus that must have a gigantic carbon footprint. 

He also tries to portray himself as sqeauky clean, by saying "shoot" instead of swearing. Yet you hear them bleeping his radio when his back's up. 

For a Bear.....You seem to let the real small irrelevant things bother you,above the Main object....Let The Press do the tittle-tattle...

Bears have more intellectual thoughts to contemplate.....Just ask Boo boo..!!

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

For a Bear.....You seem to let the real small irrelevant things bother you,above the Main object....Let The Press do the tittle-tattle...

Bears have more intellectual thoughts to contemplate.....Just ask Boo boo..!!

Or so I thought......

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Trust people to say this was a great race just because somebody different won lol Similar to last week, not much going on (except the last few laps)

With pretty much everyone going for the 2 stop this week unfortunately I don't think we will get the same action as last week!

22 hours ago, Walkers said:

Crofty doesn't half talk some shite

What do people think of David Croft? I remember when I was much younger and I'd listen to the BBC Five Live Commentary whilst watching the ITV Coverage with him and he was great. But I do get the impression from scouting around some forums that he's not the most popular person, and he is a bit SHOUTY at times.

Really enjoyable race yesterday. The few minutes when it seemed like Lewis might just try and one-stop I found brilliant, as almost instantly Max began eating into the times as a result. Some great moments across the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

What do people think of David Croft? I remember when I was much younger and I'd listen to the BBC Five Live Commentary whilst watching the ITV Coverage with him and he was great. But I do get the impression from scouting around some forums that he's not the most popular person, and he is a bit SHOUTY at times.

Really enjoyable race yesterday. The few minutes when it seemed like Lewis might just try and one-stop I found brilliant, as almost instantly Max began eating into the times as a result. Some great moments across the whole thing.

I think he's another of these examples of liking somebody when they're not working at the highest level (TV comms >>> radio comms) I remember people pushing for him to get the Sky job when they got it in 2012. Then many years later I guess people have just grown tired of him. The comment that sparked my comment (that you quoted) was him suggesting after Bottas stopped for the 2nd yesterday whether Merc might leave Hamilton out (with a stable 11s lead) to try and block Verstappen. Think he must be the only one to have even contemplated it