Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Formula 1 2020

Modern F1 commentators all pale in comparison to the Murray Walker / Martin Brundle commentator combo.

Murray was so unbelievably excitable, and his Murrayisms were the best. When ITV brought Brundle on board in the late nineties, he was just about the most knowledgeable yet likeable sports pundit on TV for years. The grid walks were always a highlight of the coverage, IMO. 

When Walker retired I think some of the magic of the sport was lost.

On 10/08/2020 at 16:06, RoboFox said:

Modern F1 commentators all pale in comparison to the Murray Walker / Martin Brundle commentator combo.

Murray was so unbelievably excitable, and his Murrayisms were the best. When ITV brought Brundle on board in the late nineties, he was just about the most knowledgeable yet likeable sports pundit on TV for years. The grid walks were always a highlight of the coverage, IMO. 

When Walker retired I think some of the magic of the sport was lost.

Is it a bit sad that my most common memory of Murray is from his commentary for F1 '97 on the playstation, from when I drive the wrong way round the track? :D 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

That was very boring!

Don't think it was really any more boring than Silverstone last week to be fair, although with a different winner suddenly its not boring. Thought the midfield battle was really good today with lots of different strategies on the go

They explain how they came to that list, so its not done on opinion they've used qualifying results. Problem is in doing so, because they compare team mates, it punishes drivers who had a quicker team mate. Prost will have rarely beat Senna, but that doesn't make him slow. Trull was good in qualifying but not so good in races, so his position is inflated. So there's some basis to this list, I'm not sure its the best data to use.

Great to see Turkey back in all honesty, not sure how it will work with the newer cars but turn 8 is a thing of beauty, I do like the idea that this calendar has added lots of new and returning tracks with the idea of it being a bit of an audition if they come back in the fold in the next couple of years 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

They explain how they came to that list, so its not done on opinion they've used qualifying results. Problem is in doing so, because they compare team mates, it punishes drivers who had a quicker team mate. Prost will have rarely beat Senna, but that doesn't make him slow. Trull was good in qualifying but not so good in races, so his position is inflated. So there's some basis to this list, I'm not sure its the best data to use.

As soon as I saw Trulli's name I instantly thought it had to be on qualifying ha.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Great to see Turkey back in all honesty, not sure how it will work with the newer cars but turn 8 is a thing of beauty, I do like the idea that this calendar has added lots of new and returning tracks with the idea of it being a bit of an audition if they come back in the fold in the next couple of years 

Hopefully Portimao and Imola are successful.  2 tracks that I would love to go to next season. 

I now realise how lucky I was to have been bought up on the Mansell,Prost,Senna era and not this drivel nowadays.

How any kid can be I spired to be an f1 fan is beyond me,its SO timid and boring 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...