Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Formula 1 2020

25 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Imola confirmed to be a 2 day event with only 1 practice. Why didn't they do this at second Austria or Silverstone race ?

It's a matter of time - maybe they don't trust the Italian customs department to let the teams through to set up in time for Friday practice? Which is hardly an issue if you're staying in the same place...

Hamilton has always had haters because of who he is, also once people pick a side they tend to dig their heels in. I find it amazing that we have a significant minority of fans who dislike Nigel Pearson for example. Ultimately most of the top drivers can be hard to warm to at times due to their single minded competitiveness. Schumi was like that, Alonso and Vettel too. Ultimately Hamilton is one of the greats. Some of the cars he had were midfield standard yet he got the odd win in them. Some will always claim Alonso as his equal although there's no real evidence, just enough doubt and lack of a clear head to head when both settled and in their primes. I think he's proved himself the better driver to Vettel. Max may be on his level but they are offset in their careers, Max may be a shade quicker but lacks the experience. 

I love Hamilton as a driver and used to as a person, but lately he's become a bit too "woke" and a bit far up himself. Like telling people they shouldn't eat meat to help the environment when he's part of a sport and travelling circus that must have a gigantic carbon footprint. 

He also tries to portray himself as sqeauky clean, by saying "shoot" instead of swearing. Yet you hear them bleeping his radio when his back's up. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I love Hamilton as a driver and used to as a person, but lately he's become a bit too "woke" and a bit far up himself. Like telling people they shouldn't eat meat to help the environment when he's part of a sport and travelling circus that must have a gigantic carbon footprint. 

He also tries to portray himself as sqeauky clean, by saying "shoot" instead of swearing. Yet you hear them bleeping his radio when his back's up. 

He's always been like that. Actually don't think he's "a bit far up himself" but yes he's always been "woke". I think he feels he has a duty as a role model to speak out on certain issues. 

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They did literally end on equal points in the same car :ph34r:

They did. Hard to really compare them. It was Hamilton's rookie season. Alonso was more experienced in F1 and coming off 2 WDCs but his relationship with the team was strained. I do tend to think Alonso is the second most talented driver of the generation including Hamilton and Vettel. I also quite highly rate Rosberg and actually rate him higher than Vettel which is probably not popular opinion. Will be interesting how competitive Alonso is when he returns next season. 

Edited by LiberalFox

7 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

He's always been like that. Actually don't think he's "a bit far up himself" but yes he's always been "woke". I think he feels he has a duty as a role model to speak out on certain issues. 

Speak up on issues, yes.

Tell normal people they shouldnt eat meat for environmental reasons while he and his team are globetrotting with heavy equipment and 'resides' in a low tax jurisdiction to save millions, no.

I've not liked Hamilton for a while, he just comes across as a bellend. He's like Morrissey for me, I love his work and what he achieved, but is he likeable as a person? No.

Although according to Andre Gray, it's because he's black why he's not liked. McCoist should have just said it's because he's a hypocritical bellend to be fair. This was only a snippet as well, I don't know what was said in the whole interview.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I've not liked Hamilton for a while, he just comes across as a bellend. He's like Morrissey for me, I love his work and what he achieved, but is he likeable as a person? No.

Although according to Andre Gray, it's because he's black why he's not liked. McCoist should have just said it's because he's a hypocritical bellend to be fair. This was only a snippet as well, I don't know what was said in the whole interview.

That tweet from Gray - It was only a matter of time someone incorrectly claimed that and of course, its a guy who once said he hates 'lightys'. As one of the replies states it doesnt quite add up as a lot of British black world champions are universally loved by the public.

A real shame as his tweet devalues the real racism that happens everyday in society.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

They did. Hard to really compare them. It was Hamilton's rookie season. Alonso was more experienced in F1 and coming off 2 WDCs but his relationship with the team was strained. I do tend to think Alonso is the second most talented driver of the generation including Hamilton and Vettel. I also quite highly rate Rosberg and actually rate him higher than Vettel which is probably not popular opinion. Will be interesting how competitive Alonso is when he returns next season. 

I'm a huge fan of Nico, probably my favourite driver but even I wouldn't go that far lol. Yeah Ocon must be shitting it, he basically ruined vandornes career lol

Talking of team radio. Kimi's/Alfa's muck up bringing him into the pits, then trying to keep him out of the pits was just wonderful. Team Radio of the weekend. Closely followed by Max's engineer "if you hurry up" when he asked if he could "win this" chasing Lewis down on that final lap.

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Most F1 drivers are arrogant, mollycoddled, deeply insecure, tax-dodging bellends with little or no grasp on reality. Hamilton is really no different to the rest of the grid in that respect.

His coperate friendly image after winning races and in the lead up does seem the fakiest out of them all though 

When I worked at McLaren GT , the staff hated Hamilton.  He should have been driving our car at the Goodwood festival,  but he bailed on us at the last minute to take Nicole Scherzinger for Lunch in Monaco instead.  We had to put our test driver in the car instead. 

I met him in 2010 and I thought he was a likeable guy. 

Edited by isaidno

13 minutes ago, isaidno said:

When I worked at McLaren GT , the staff hated Hamilton.  He should have been driving our car at the Goodwood festival,  but he bailed on us at the last minute to take Nicole Scherzinger for Lunch in Monaco instead.  We had to put our test driver in the car instead. 

I met him in 2010 and I thought he was a likeable guy. 

I'd take that option too tbf

• Like 1
  • Haha 3