Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Formula 1 2020

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11998994/formula-1-2020-european-eight-race-calendar-revealed-july-5-start

Provisional F1 2020 calendar

July 5 Spielberg Austria
July 12 Spielberg Austria
July 19 Budapest Hungary
August 2 Silverstone Great Britain
August 9 Silverstone Great Britain
August 16 Barcelona Spain
August 30 Spa-Francorchamps Belgium
September 6 Monza Italy

Have a feeling for Verstappen to win the WDC this season. Tracks from Austria onwards on a normal season suit Red Bull, granted they usually start the season slowly but they seemed pretty quick in testing. Considering Red Bull make a habit of winning races that aren't so straight forward and that describes what this season looks set to be..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Theres no way lewis doesnt win it lets not pretend 

It's by no means certain in such a topsy turvy year. We haven't had a single car run in anger yet since testing, and who knows how the extended break will affect drivers. Plus a shortened season means more pressure on each race and higher likelihood of an upset overall. 

Over a full season I'd definitely agree with you but not this year. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

It's by no means certain in such a topsy turvy year. We haven't had a single car run in anger yet since testing, and who knows how the extended break will affect drivers. Plus a shortened season means more pressure on each race and higher likelihood of an upset overall. 

Over a full season I'd definitely agree with you but not this year. 

You're forgetting about DAS which seems unlikely to be deemed illegal, a shortened season means it's less likely teams will be able to replicate it which will have a huge advantage on the rest of the field

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

Have a feeling for Verstappen to win the WDC this season. Tracks from Austria onwards on a normal season suit Red Bull, granted they usually start the season slowly but they seemed pretty quick in testing. Considering Red Bull make a habit of winning races that aren't so straight forward and that describes what this season looks set to be..

He's got a good chance. 2 races in Austria and 1 in Budapest. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You're forgetting about DAS which seems unlikely to be deemed illegal, a shortened season means it's less likely teams will be able to replicate it which will have a huge advantage on the rest of the field

I was forgetting about DAS. But then again I don't think it's going to be double-diffuser levels of advantage. I think the other teams will still be competitive. Plus we don't know if it definitely will be a big advantage until we see them all qualifying and racing. 

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So far, seems what we expected after testing, the Mercedes looks even farther ahead of everyone else this season. 

We'll know more for certain after the next session, to see just how far ahead they really are...

(Hope my connection can cope with both F1 and Footy at the same time, given the timing...)