Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Horse's Mouth

Formula 1 2020

9 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Vettel to Aston martin starting to pick up pace, hope Perez can find a seat 

Perez brings a lot of money to Racing Point and has a very long contract. No chance he is leaving them, especially when they've suddenly become competitive by copying Mercedes. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Perez brings a lot of money to Racing Point and has a very long contract. No chance he is leaving them, especially when they've suddenly become competitive by copying Mercedes. 

Sounds like they're paying Perez off. Lawrence Stroll isn't going to sack his son.

I've since read that Perez has a break clause in his contract and the rumours are gathering pace for Vettel to go there. 

Quite why they'd want Vettel is another matter. Old, expensive, makes mistakes, and on his way down. 

Surely someone like George Russell with his Mercedes connections would be miles better.

Edited by The Bear

4 hours ago, The Bear said:

I've since read that Perez has a break clause in his contract and the rumours are gathering pace for Vettel to go there. 

Quite why they'd want Vettel is another matter. Old, expensive, makes mistakes, and on his way down. 

Surely someone like George Russell with his Mercedes connections would be miles better.

Russell and Stroll doesn't sound a very good partnership. If they're going to keep Stroll then its fine the way it is, though I can see why they'd want a driver of Vettel's calibre. It's a bit like somebody taking over Liverpool and replacing Klopp with Guardiola, he may be a better but there's no need to get rid

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

I think you're being harsh on Vettel, theres no doubt hes on the decline but hes still a 4 time world champion and still capable of pulling off race wins, plus it  is pretty big statement from Aston to make out the blocks to sign him. Its harsh on Perez and realistically it should be Perez and Vettel but it is what it is. Russell has a 3 deal with William's and I'm pretty sure only Merc can break that and it's pretty much a back marker line up there as well.

Happy to be getting back into F1 thanks to Drive to Survive and the good races we've had this season. Those series really helped me to appreciate the mid-table battles that go on. YouTube channels like "The Race" have also helped broaden my horizon.

That being said, is Lance Stroll more than a whiney daddy's boy, or is that a spot on summation of him?

7 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Happy to be getting back into F1 thanks to Drive to Survive and the good races we've had this season. Those series really helped me to appreciate the mid-table battles that go on. YouTube channels like "The Race" have also helped broaden my horizon.

That being said, is Lance Stroll more than a whiney daddy's boy, or is that a spot on summation of him?

I wouldn't call him whiney, hes just a privileged **** who's easy to hate. But to be fair to Stroll, even though he is a pay driver he does have good race pace but hes awful for one lap pace, I think Stroll wouldve been looked on differently if he came up through f2 rather than buying a seat straight from winning f3. He has come along way, I still remember his first race where he drove the tyres into the ground and tbf to him he has a podium to his name.

• Like 1

Wow that Mercedes change of direction is frightening! 

Loving that Racing Point are sticking it to Red Bull and Ferrari. Though you're not telling me that they haven't had some technical help from Mercedes. If it was that easy to copy them everyone would be doing it! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Can’t see anything but a 7th world title for Hamilton, hoping for a close season but having my doubts now 

The only thing we can grab onto is team orders probably wont come into play this year, Bottas isnt Rosberg but hes competent enough to bring a bit of a fight on a slimmed down calendar youd hope