Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SmuelMartin

Podcast Guest - Guy Branston

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay, with everything that’s going on and being furloughed etc I had to push the Podcast slightly to the background!

Anyway, now that’s out of the way, I’m delighted to say I’ve got ex-Leicester player and current Loan Manager at the club - Guy Branston on and recording on Monday.

Like before, I wanted to open it up to any questions that people on here have, both about his career or his work nowadays.

If you have any, just drop them in the comments below.

Cheers all.

Sam

• Like 2

What was it like working under Martin O'Neill as a home grown local lad on the fringes? 

We've heard MON could be very hands off, even with the star players at the time leaving training to Robertson..

Did you feel encouraged? disconnected? How did Martin man manage you? Was it left to Robertson? 

• Like 2

Just checked him out on Wikipedia and that is quite the nomadic career, but it seems he did play a lot of games.

1. How does moving around so much affect you professionally and personally?

2. What did it feel like having more than one spell at several clubs?

3. How do your own experiences of the loan system as a player help you in your current role at Leicester City?

• Like 1

Enjoyed the podcast, half decent insight overall. Was chatting to a mate about it and thought he came across a bit arrogant unfortunately. 

One phrase got me a bit "some say you cant spot talent that way, I can". Like ffs 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 16/04/2020 at 11:34, Blanchflower78 said:

The bloke isn't the sharpest tool in the box, never has been....

Needed pressing on what he actually meant at times. Was trying to use a lot of big words (probably to sound smarter than he is) and often led to quite a lot of ambiguity.

Enjoying these though @SmuelMartin so thanks for doing them. One development point in case you want it: cut down the ‘sort of’ and ‘like’ when asking questions as you sometimes sound unsure of your line of questioning and also sometimes lead the interviewee to an answer rather than just leaving the question there for them to answer however they naturally would.

52 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Needed pressing on what he actually meant at times. Was trying to use a lot of big words (probably to sound smarter than he is) and often led to quite a lot of ambiguity.

Enjoying these though @SmuelMartin so thanks for doing them. One development point in case you want it: cut down the ‘sort of’ and ‘like’ when asking questions as you sometimes sound unsure of your line of questioning and also sometimes lead the interviewee to an answer rather than just leaving the question there for them to answer however they naturally would.

Glad to hear you are enjoying.

Of course I am extremely grateful to hear any feedback, I get what you’re saying completely and definitely noted. Very much learning as we go so the more feedback I get the better it’ll become (in theory!!).

Thank you for taking the time to both listen and give me some pointers.