Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Birds you fancy off the telly

17 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Does this thread have a hint of misogyny about it?

There are many posters on the forum who are clearly misogynistic, but not necessarily all in here. I think this thread is pretty normal for a male dominated environment, more worrying is the clear bias elsewhere imo. 

19 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

There are many posters on the forum who are clearly misogynistic, but not necessarily all in here. I think this thread is pretty normal for a male dominated environment, more worrying is the clear bias elsewhere imo. 

Have you not got some ironing to do? :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Does this thread have a hint of misogyny about it?

Didn't someone post some handsome blokes a few pages back, so this thread is more inclusive of our female contributors?

I'm suggesting Kasper Schmeichel. Serious man crush on him 😍

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Name and shame!

45 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Definitely. I’m surprised it’s lasted this long to be honest. There’s something deeply uncomfortable about it.

What can we do as a community to accommodate you, Is everything alright?

In fact I’m interested in what you find uncomfortable about it?  

Just now, Bamboo said:

What can we do as a community to accommodate you, Is everything alright?

In fact I’m interested in what you find uncomfortable about it?  

I don’t particular care enough to make a big deal about it as it’s hardly the worst thing in the world but it’s not something I would read or contribute to because quite frankly I have been brought up better than to spend my time objectifying women like this thread does. 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Name and shame!

Haha if I thought it would make a difference maybe I would! 

You're young, smart and spend enough time here to have seen it for yourself :)

But the comment above is just typical. It will be laughed off as a joke, but if we were talking about racism and a similar comment was made would it still be seen as funny?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I don’t particular care enough to make a big deal about it as it’s hardly the worst thing in the world but it’s not something I would read or contribute to because quite frankly I have been brought up better than to spend my time objectifying women like this thread does. 

So you when you came in here (thread title - birds you fancy off the telly) and answered Parafox’s post were you just peeping ? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

So you when you came in here (thread title - birds you fancy off the telly) and answered Parafox’s post were you just peeping ? 

If you use the 'next unread topic' button you can often find yourself in here unwittingly :)

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

So are you implying that the majority of people who have ever contributed to this thread have been raised ‘improper’ 

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Not really, I don’t spend much time in general chat and I was surprised to see it still going. I clicked on it out of curiosity to see what kind of discussion was taken place and saw the kind of stuff I expected but was actually pleasantly surprised to see someone call this thread out for what it was. It reminds me of the tinder thread from years ago that as far as I’m aware was deleted and I’m genuinely surprised this is still allowed. I mean the thread title sounds about 20 years out of date for a start.

1 minute ago, Bamboo said:

So are you implying that the majority of people who have ever contributed to this thread have been raised ‘improper’ 

I’m not going to comment. I don’t feel like I’m in a position to judge people I don’t know in such a way. Anyway I really didn’t come here for an argument so I’m going to move on and leave this thread! 

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Not really, I don’t spend much time in general chat and I was surprised to see it still going. I clicked on it out of curiosity to see what kind of discussion was taken place and saw the kind of stuff I expected but was actually pleasantly surprised to see someone call this thread out for what it was. It reminds me of the tinder thread from years ago that as far as I’m aware was deleted and I’m genuinely surprised this is still allowed. I mean the thread title sounds about 20 years out of date for a start.

I’m not sure that finding someone else attractive per se is such a heinous crime or a sign of misogyny. I take your point about the thread title though 

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

I’m not going to comment. I don’t feel like I’m in a position to judge people I don’t know in such a way. Anyway I really didn’t come here for an argument so I’m going to move on and leave this thread! 

I can assure you I have no interest in arguing with anyone on the internet. I just saw an opportunity to perhaps learn something and I was merely interested in what/why you think like that :)

• Like 1