Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Would you go to the ground if Leicester were playing behind closed doors?

Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?  

319 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?

• Never
    • If it was a really important game
    • If all my mates were going
    • If I couldn't watch it on TV
    • Only if I could do so whilst complying with social distancing
    • Yes every game

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think the reason would be that the players would have been tested for antibodies and given approval to play depending obviously from the result.

Your average man in the street would not have had a test and therefore deemed to be a potential carrier.

Exactly.

That's the issue I have.

Why has my dad who has been transferring covid patients at the hospital not been tested but footballers will be? 

If our measures are all lifted too I'm all for it, I miss football as much as anyone but rushing it back at the cost of others really winds me up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

i don't think teams like us in our current position will be an issue, really. some weirdos might go to our ground to try and be edgy or cos they think it's funny. i think you're right, i can't see 50 people turning up to a dead rubber between us and sheffield united.

it's liverpool that is the issue, cos they are going to win the league. the first things fans do after they win a league or a cup is congregate and celebrate. people from all over the world support them and have been waiting their whole lifetime for this. as much stick as joe anderson (mayor of liverpool) got when he raised this as a concern, he was right. i can't see anything other than a pretty big surge of glory hunting liverpool fans in and around the ground/city the day they win the league. 

This. I think that this must be a real concern for the authorities in Liverpool. Look what happened after the Chelsea v Spurs match and we were officially declared champions. After watching the "vardy party" on TV literally thousands gravitated towards the stadium as a focal point to celebrate (only reason we did not go was cos we had already been "celebrating" and therefore in no fit state to drive to the ground). OK so circumstances are different and there was no lockdown in place then but I can easily see the same thing happening in Liverpool. It is a natural reaction to want to go and celebrate with like minded fans and the tribal instinct will kick in. .  I think that when it happens the police will simply put a mile wide cordon around the ground and let everyone know that unless they have a valid reason (ie they live/work there) to be there will be fined on the spot.

I actually do feel a bit sorry for the Liverpool fans, I know i would be bitterly disappointed if we could not have had our victory parade in 2016.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i don't think teams like us in our current position will be an issue, really. some weirdos might go to our ground to try and be edgy or cos they think it's funny. i think you're right, i can't see 50 people turning up to a dead rubber between us and sheffield united.

it's liverpool that is the issue, cos they are going to win the league. the first things fans do after they win a league or a cup is congregate and celebrate. people from all over the world support them and have been waiting their whole lifetime for this. as much stick as joe anderson (mayor of liverpool) got when he raised this as a concern, he was right. i can't see anything other than a pretty big surge of glory hunting liverpool fans in and around the ground/city the day they win the league. 

I agree ,but with exception...No Way will the Blades,& ourselves See this game as Dead rubber,with Top 6 und Top 4  up for grabs...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

17 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..don't be!!!!

There are over 30 idiots in this topic for one reason or another, believe it is a good idea to go to the stadium. The amount of people who meander in the middle of the pavement who walk directly in the same line that you take, even when they can see you coming towards them, who are either too stupid or stupefyingly arrogant to fail to allow a suitable space for passing one another.

Trusting your lives to these people, is nothing more than a fools errand.

Yup...I just put my wheelchair on automatic,and Slalom between the 2 Meter spaces...i

tis fun listening to the curses on the Breath of the wind far away,as I Ride into the sunset...:ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

This. I think that this must be a real concern for the authorities in Liverpool. Look what happened after the Chelsea v Spurs match and we were officially declared champions. After watching the "vardy party" on TV literally thousands gravitated towards the stadium as a focal point to celebrate (only reason we did not go was cos we had already been "celebrating" and therefore in no fit state to drive to the ground). OK so circumstances are different and there was no lockdown in place then but I can easily see the same thing happening in Liverpool. It is a natural reaction to want to go and celebrate with like minded fans and the tribal instinct will kick in. .  I think that when it happens the police will simply put a mile wide cordon around the ground and let everyone know that unless they have a valid reason (ie they live/work there) to be there will be fined on the spot.

I actually do feel a bit sorry for the Liverpool fans, I know i would be bitterly disappointed if we could not have had our victory parade in 2016.

I would hope the fact that Liverpool have all but won the title already means that there wouldn't be the same surge of fans and they will have the title parade at a suitable time.

I know it's a massive deal to win your first title in your football lifetime, but surely they would realise it is not worth it.

They other point you've made is that we all congregated at the KP when the title was confirmed, that was a game at a "neutral venue". Playing at a neutral venue doesn't stop people congregating at the ground. Although a factor in that was that people were out in town anyway watching the games.

I wouldn't have fans congregating outside the ground as a prime concern when bringing back football. I think we need to give football fans more credit and trust them and the value they place on their health and the health of their loved ones.

And if you can't trust football fans then you would struggle to find a neutral venue for Liverpool, United and some of the other big clubs including Leicester. You'd effectively only be able to have Burnley and Bournemouth playing in London due to the number of fans of different clubs in the capital.

The best solution is play at home stadium, better only one team travelling than 2, make it clear to football fans they are not allowed near the stadia and put the games on TV and if they do go in significant numbers then the game is called off and the home team forfeits. 

• Like 1

I think even the most passionate Liverpool fan will agree the raw emotion of winning the league has gone thanks to this break. Of course they'll be happy and want to celebrate but I think mass street celebration will be a little bit forced. I think it will be the same if/when they win it playing as far away as they can. 

Assuming bundesliga are using the usual grounds? Interesting to see if any fans are around for them.

What’s the point? You’re not gonna get in the ground. I’ll watch it on tv whilst keeping me and my family safe. 

I would imagine there’s going to be road closures/access control around the area anyway. 

• Like 1