Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Would you go to the ground if Leicester were playing behind closed doors?

Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?  

319 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?

• Never
    • If it was a really important game
    • If all my mates were going
    • If I couldn't watch it on TV
    • Only if I could do so whilst complying with social distancing
    • Yes every game

24 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I've been to the ground for a gàme where I couldn't get tickets, listening to the roar of the crowd from outside is pretty atmospheric. But under the current circumstances no way! It wouldn't be safe to do so. Put your own life and other people's at risk.

And in different circumstances it's understandable. There were probably more people outside than inside against Everton in 2016!

Guest Markyblue
3 hours ago, bovril said:

You just know hundreds would. 

Bet a lot would still go home at about 80 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

Bet a lot would still go home at about 80 minutes. 

Actually, to see a group of fans turning up to stand outside to then leave early to beat no traffic would be worth it if the cameras pick it up.

13 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

And in different circumstances it's understandable. There were probably more people outside than inside against Everton in 2016!

Indeed. I was so lucky to get in the away end that day! I came up for one of the champs league games, mostly just to hear the music at our ground. It was electric!

Yes seems pretty pointless going to stand outside and just hear the players shouting to each other. I can imagine that to be quite eerie to be fair. Would proper frit me that!

Anyone else kinda hoping you can hear players game talk during closed door matches? Think it'd add a new dimension if we can hear what they shout to eachother.

Might be a good time to add ref mics or mic a couple of players up during the game like they did during the big bash cricket, add another dimension whilst we can only watch on TV. Found it interesting hearing a bowler talking before his run up and a batsmen just before he's about to face a delivery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxhateram said:

I've been to the ground for a gàme where I couldn't get tickets, listening to the roar of the crowd from outside is pretty atmospheric. But under the current circumstances no way! It wouldn't be safe to do so. Put your own life and other people's at risk.

Cambridge in the play offs?Had a great game of footy on Burnmore street!

• Like 1

Be OK if they opened up some bars, burger vans and put a big screen up. 😄

But seriously, it would be totally irresponsible and would be unfair on police etc, who would have to try and move them on which wouldn't be easy. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Might be a good time to add ref mics or mic a couple of players up during the game like they did during the big bash cricket, add another dimension whilst we can only watch on TV. Found it interesting hearing a bowler talking before his run up and a batsmen just before he's about to face a delivery. 

I remember them doing this with I think it was Brad Guzan in the MLS. Talking through the game, the commentators kept talking to him asking him questions throughout the game which I’d find very off putting . Would love to hear Vardy’s mic lol  

16 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

I remember them doing this with I think it was Brad Guzan in the MLS. Talking through the game, the commentators kept talking to him asking him questions throughout the game which I’d find very off putting . Would love to hear Vardy’s mic lol  

The man on the bleep button would get repetitive strain injury :D

• Haha 1

People don't use their brains. They want football back and if we can get it back on the condition of behind closed doors, there will be some that turn up and ignore social distancing rules. 

If people want us to come out of lockdown and football to come back, we must all respect the rules. Otherwise we won't have that luxury. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

Honestly, I'd be amazed if more than 50 people turned up.

..don't be!!!!

There are over 30 idiots in this topic for one reason or another, believe it is a good idea to go to the stadium. The amount of people who meander in the middle of the pavement who walk directly in the same line that you take, even when they can see you coming towards them, who are either too stupid or stupefyingly arrogant to fail to allow a suitable space for passing one another.

Trusting your lives to these people, is nothing more than a fools errand.

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

..don't be!!!!

There are over 30 idiots in this topic for one reason or another, believe it is a good idea to go to the stadium. The amount of people who meander in the middle of the pavement who walk directly in the same line that you take, even when they can see you coming towards them, who are either too stupid or stupefyingly arrogant to fail to allow a suitable space for passing one another.

Trusting your lives to these people, is nothing more than a fools errand.

There's a few wind up merchants in that poll, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

So its frowned upon for Steve from New Parks to stand outside the ground whilst social distancing with a few other sad acts, but Ndidi can make contact with every player he comes across in every game?

I'm just really struggling with the logic of this football return in line with what is happening with everyone else. 

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

So its frowned upon for Steve from New Parks to stand outside the ground whilst social distancing with a few other sad acts, but Ndidi can make contact with every player he comes across in every game?

I'm just really struggling with the logic of this football return in line with what is happening with everyone else. 

...I think the reason would be that the players would have been tested for antibodies and given approval to play depending obviously from the result.

Your average man in the street would not have had a test and therefore deemed to be a potential carrier.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

The amount of people who meander in the middle of the pavement who walk directly in the same line that you take, even when they can see you coming towards them, who are either too stupid or stupefyingly arrogant to fail to allow a suitable space for passing one another.

Not forgetting the pavement cyclists who ride past you almost knocking you over and clearly out of breath.

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I think the reason would be that the players would have been tested for antibodies and given approval to play depending obviously from the result.

Your average man in the street would not have had a test and therefore deemed to be a potential carrier.

....and by the evidence I've seen on my daily walk no sense of what social distancing means

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

Honestly, I'd be amazed if more than 50 people turned up.

i don't think teams like us in our current position will be an issue, really. some weirdos might go to our ground to try and be edgy or cos they think it's funny. i think you're right, i can't see 50 people turning up to a dead rubber between us and sheffield united.

it's liverpool that is the issue, cos they are going to win the league. the first things fans do after they win a league or a cup is congregate and celebrate. people from all over the world support them and have been waiting their whole lifetime for this. as much stick as joe anderson (mayor of liverpool) got when he raised this as a concern, he was right. i can't see anything other than a pretty big surge of glory hunting liverpool fans in and around the ground/city the day they win the league. 

• Like 2