Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Would you go to the ground if Leicester were playing behind closed doors?

Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?  

319 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?

• Never
    • If it was a really important game
    • If all my mates were going
    • If I couldn't watch it on TV
    • Only if I could do so whilst complying with social distancing
    • Yes every game

One of the reasons for neutral venues is they are worried about fans congregating outside grounds. 

Curious to know how many people would consider going to the ground if the league restarted with some social distance restrictions in place. Poll is anonymous.

Edited by Captain...

Just now, Collymore said:

I can't think of anything more tedious or uninspiring. 

You mean hanging around outside a football ground while a game goes on with no fans or my poll?

It doesn't appeal to me, I'd much rather stay at home and watch the game than travel to the ground and not be able to watch. It must appeal to some people or else it wouldn't be a concern for the PL trying to get games in neutral venues.

No and this why I don't understand this insistence on neutral grounds.

If they're expecting the 20/21 season to start behind close doors this is the perfect opportunity for clubs to put in H&S and security procedures.

If playing games at 'home' grounds is not acceptable now then surely it wont be if next season starts some time this autumn.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

You mean hanging around outside a football ground while a game goes on with no fans or my poll?

It doesn't appeal to me, I'd much rather stay at home and watch the game than travel to the ground and not be able to watch. It must appeal to some people or else it wouldn't be a concern for the PL trying to get games in neutral venues.

Yes, exactly. 

The only way I could see it even slightly working would be fans sat 2 metres a part watching on their phone?  Perhaps sat back to wall of the stadium....

5 minutes ago, Captain... said:

It must appeal to some people or else it wouldn't be a concern for the PL trying to get games in neutral venues.

This is just total guess work though. Put all the games on terrestrial tv or free on Sky/BT and there'd be even less reason to think people might actually go. It's in their hands to resolve.

Guest Cujek

no seems a bit silly to me, when you could just watch it on TV.

It just puts you in the firing line and reinstates that we are all yobos

Whoever voted for If it was an important game, surely for that you'd want watch it on the TV, you could hardly add anything to the game loitering 100 metres or so from some neutral ground.

Yeh anyone even considering going near the ground in the current climate would be a ****ing idiot. I don't know how anyone would benefit from being out there :huh: Suppose only reason would be to create some kind of atmosphere that the players can hear, I know it happened before lockdown in other countries.

I can understand Premier Leagues concerns regarding use of home grounds but I think it could be managed. But I guess it would have to use police services, and they'd have to arrest anyone turning up for being an idiot.

Used to love, as a kid, being outside stadiums when a game was going on (obviously not as much as being inside but I didn't have tickets very often) Buzz from the crowd was brilliant.

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Might as well just ask: "Are you a total idiot?"

You're totally right but sadly you know there will be a lot of "fans" that will go.

PSG when they had to play their Champions League match was a classic example of idiots in football at their worst.

• Like 1

not sure who would. 

it's completely different to the odd occasions you've previously seen to go "to" a match without a ticket. eg. a cup final perhaps, or a european away, cos you can just go with your mates, get pissed, have a nice time and watch the game elsewhere. 

there's gonna be no boozers open and you can't go with your mates. who's gonna go just to stare at the turnstile?

I know there wasnt a global pandemic but was there many down on the Chelsea v Spurs match the night we won the league?

Think I'd only do it (pandemic aside) if there was a big screen to watch it on.