Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Would you go to the ground if Leicester were playing behind closed doors?

Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?  

319 members have voted

1. 1. Would you go to the ground if we were playing behind closed doors?

• Never
    • If it was a really important game
    • If all my mates were going
    • If I couldn't watch it on TV
    • Only if I could do so whilst complying with social distancing
    • Yes every game

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

If 1 out of 100 people do so, that’s 300+ people milling around outside the stadium for 2 hours.

2 now, that's 600+

It's actually 73 people so far. If you take it as 2.74% of 32000 people (simplistic I know as that includes away fans) it's 877 people.

Edited by Facecloth

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

But I guess it would have to use police services

The clubs could use the security services they normally have in and around the ground.

19 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

2 now, that's 600+

It's actually 73 people so far. If you take it as 2.74% of 32000 people (simplistic I know as that includes away fans) it's 877 people.

And nearer 2000 people if it's an "important game" 

This is going well isn't it lol Guess there's a reason for neutral venues after all

Surely anyone who doesn't answer "Never" is one of the following:

1. Selfish P£i2K

2. Taking the Pi*$

3. An Idiot

4. A Troll

5. All of the above.

Any of the 10 so far care to let us know which one you are?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

yeah i'm pretty sure we could cobble together a few hundred bellends amongst our support

According to that poll, based on the ground capacity, around 4000 would think it's acceptable to go to ground for one reason or another.

Edited by Facecloth

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

According to that poll, based on the ground capacity, around 4000 would think it's acceptable to go to ground for one reason or another.

4,000 bellends is a big target, but i reckon we could do it...lol

Guest MattP

Why anyone would go and stand outside a stadium they couldn't get in is beyond me.

Even those weird vloggers wouldn't go this far surely?

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Why anyone would go and stand outside a stadium they couldn't get in is beyond me.

Even those weird vloggers wouldn't go this far surely?

You could see AFTV doing it.

If it's walking distance then some might, I couldn't see the point at all of buying train/ bus tickets to do it.

Don’t get it at all. You’re going to the ground to do what? Listen to the radio? Watch on phones? Surely the better option is always to see the game properly on a tv not be physically close to where someone’s kicking a ball. 

No, never.

I wouldn't want to stand outside for something I couldn't see plus I'm not travelling 40 mins on a train just for that.

3 hours ago, davieG said:

This is just total guess work though. Put all the games on terrestrial tv or free on Sky/BT and there'd be even less reason to think people might actually go. It's in their hands to resolve.

They have talked about this but no idea if it will happen at the moment. Whoever got the rights would be loving it viewing figures and ad revenue would be huge.

2 hours ago, dsr-burnley said:

I think you might be judging them by the standards of today rather than the standards of 11th March.  I think peoples' attitudes have changed since then.

I suppose there might be people who go to the ground, knowing they won't hear anything, they won't see anything, they will be moved on by police, they will probably get a fixed penalty fine, and if they don't move on they will get arrested and get a life ban.  But there won't be many.

That's a very good point, I'm kinda hoping they would give us a bit more credit than turning up at the ground but some people have said they would and if that is reflective of the football watching public then we do need neutral groundd. (I'd love to hear from any of the posters to see why they voted to go, I suspect a couple are 'Ironic').

If I was the PL I would do one game at each home ground as a trial, if any fans turn up at the ground then the remaining home games must be played at a neutral ground at the home clubs expense.

Absolutely not. I'm uncomfortable doing my 1 trip a week to the shop for essential supplies so wouldn't even consider it.

Really don't see the point but imagine there'd be fans thinking they could generate home support from outside.

Given the amount of idiots going out at the moment for non essential trips it wouldn't surprise me to see fans at grounds.

I've been to the ground for a gàme where I couldn't get tickets, listening to the roar of the crowd from outside is pretty atmospheric. But under the current circumstances no way! It wouldn't be safe to do so. Put your own life and other people's at risk.

3 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I've been to the ground for a gàme where I couldn't get tickets, listening to the roar of the crowd from outside is pretty atmospheric. But under the current circumstances no way! It wouldn't be safe to do so. Put your own life and other people's at risk.

More importantly (arguably) There'd be no atmosphere. 

• Like 1