Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Dingbats !

49 minutes ago, Milo said:

I’m being thick. 

How is that Greased Lightning? 

You're not.

It is actually a grammatical error as the clue indicates lightening (ie. getting paler), not lightning (a flash of light preceding thunder)

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 02/12/2021 at 02:21, Jattdogg said:

This thread makes me feel like a complete stupid idiot. 

All you need is a bit of practice Jatt ...   here's todays offering from the Merc ...  back to their usual fodder I'm afraid ! ...   take your time !   :thumbup:

(I'll admit some of the older ones posted during lockdown were a bit as tricky as this lot were getting a bit good at finding the answers !!).

P.S.  And as you can see the answer to yesterdays was indeed Greased lightning so for any grammatically obsessed prats that don't understand what's going on please direct your blatherings to the Leicester Mercury ...   (and when they say you're talking nonsense remember to point out that they are wrong as you are always right).  

IMG_7492.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

All you need is a bit of practice Jatt ...   here's todays offering from the Merc ...  back to their usual fodder I'm afraid ! ...   take your time !   :thumbup:

(I'll admit some of the older ones posted during lockdown were a bit as tricky as this lot were getting a bit good at finding the answers !!).

P.S.  And as you can see the answer to yesterdays was indeed Greased lightning so for any grammatically obsessed prats that don't understand what's going on please direct your blatherings to the Leicester Mercury ...   (and when they say you're talking nonsense remember to point out that they are wrong as you are always right).  

IMG_7492.jpg

Christmas Cards?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

IMG_7492.jpg

OK, even I got this one... 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

yeah I’m not great at them but that was pretty obvious.

Ok get your choppers into this one ...   good attempt from the Mercury, slightly tenuous and definitely more taxing than the last one !

(Must admit, I didn't get it ! ..   :)) ...   bon chance !

IMG_7494.jpg

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Ok get your choppers into this one ...   good attempt from the Mercury, slightly tenuous and definitely more taxing than the last one !

(Must admit, I didn't get it ! ..   :)) ...   bon chance !

IMG_7494.jpg

Deep rooted?

Its the best I’ve got.

• Like 3