Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

Wilfred Ndidi

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I have come to that opinion too, I really think Mendy is an important squad player and if we can somehow convince him to give us another year next season to play in the CL (if we qualify) that would be brilliant and save us a portion of our transfer budget.

Agree. I like Mendy and think he is vastly underrated, probably due to the fact he has not really had much of a run in side due to injuries, and when he did get a run it was generally as part of two man DM where both he and Wilf were stifled. If we were to offer him a new deal though, i think that he would be looking for more than a single year extension. It is all a bit strange that there have been no noises coming out of either the club or the player about either a new contract or a move. I just wonder if both sides are playing their cards close to their chests and keeping all options open. 

• Like 1

Would imagine that the situation with regards to Mendy would depend on how likely Hamza is to become an able deputy for Wilf?

Maybe Hamza is developing into a different sort of player  :dunno:

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Agree. I like Mendy and think he is vastly underrated, probably due to the fact he has not really had much of a run in side due to injuries, and when he did get a run it was generally as part of two man DM where both he and Wilf were stifled. If we were to offer him a new deal though, i think that he would be looking for more than a single year extension. It is all a bit strange that there have been no noises coming out of either the club or the player about either a new contract or a move. I just wonder if both sides are playing their cards close to their chests and keeping all options open. 

I'd happily see him offered a new 2-3 year deal but maybe the compromise if he is concerned about lack of game time is that he at least gives us 1 more year to cope with European football next season all being well.

I think Wilf would be making a huge mistake to leave to one of the "big" clubs his control and passing abilities would be found out and more harshly criticised there where as here we are willing to live with the odd duff one

11 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Ndidi, ricardo, chags, justin even youri or denis.... we have to make it clear we are not a selling club.... we make this clear to other clubs and to our players and their agents 

We are a selling club. There are probably only 2/3 clubs in the world that can legitimately say that they are not....

39 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Ndidi, ricardo, chags, justin even youri or denis.... we have to make it clear we are not a selling club.... we make this clear to other clubs and to our players and their agents 

Everyone sells, it is only the terms you sell at that anyone needs to be able to manage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We are a selling club. There are probably only 2/3 clubs in the world that can legitimately say that they are not....

I think the only club in the world who isn't a selling club is Bayern Munich, I can't even remember the last time they sold a big player

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think the only club in the world who isn't a selling club is Bayern Munich, I can't even remember the last time they sold a big player

Munich, Barca and Real are the ones I had in mind. 

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Barcelona and Madrid still managed to lose Ronaldo and Neymar which is what puts them below Munich for me

Ronaldo went due to wanting a change more than anything else and Neymar left to step out of Messi's shadow (and to step into Mbappe's). Neither left for 'bigger' teams 

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Barcelona and Madrid still managed to lose Ronaldo and Neymar which is what puts them below Munich for me

Both players were sold for no other reason than the clubs didn't want to stand in their way. If they wanted to keep them, they could easily have done so.