Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
samlcfc1

Wilfred Ndidi

On 15/06/2020 at 17:49, KingsX said:

Still no thread for this on the Red Café transfer forum.  Seems more “Twitter rumors” than serious business ATM.

It'll come sooner or later. It's not a transfer window without a thread on Redcafe talking about how mean little Leicester overprice all their players. 

4 minutes ago, casablancas said:

I’ll take Wilf all day 

I mean it was just a bit of a joke but if someone did offer me peak Kante or peak Ndidi I’d take the wee man in a heartbeat. I think he’s the best player in the world in his position when on form. But given age I’d happily keep Wilf. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I mean it was just a bit of a joke but if someone did offer me peak Kante or peak Ndidi I’d take the wee man in a heartbeat. I think he’s the best player in the world in his position when on form. But given age I’d happily keep Wilf. X 

Kante has been on the decline last two seasons. We need Wilf's physical presence too now, a midfield of Kante, Tielemans and Maddison would get dominated by some dross like Declan Rice, simply just because he's not the same height as 16 year old.

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

U wot m8? 

75D385B9-7576-4904-ADA0-25B8C52E7AC9.jpeg

Not so sure he is better right now, get a poll started on here and see what people think. Would be interesting. Right now in my opinion Wilfred get that In my team ahead of him.

2 hours ago, tetly said:

Not so sure he is better right now, get a poll started on here and see what people think. Would be interesting. Right now in my opinion Wilfred get that In my team ahead of him.

With a run of games in the right position - a season or so - Kante is better. But he hasn't had that. Wilfred all day long. 

Ndidi can also dominate aerially, so any small edge Kante has on him otherwise is a bit moot. For us right now, I wouldn't trade Ndidi for any player in the whole world. Maybe Kimmich. Probably not though. Every season Ndidi improves, I'm very excited to see how far his passing game can go. It's already (imo) a touch better than Kante's.

• Like 1

If your playing a three in midfield with two forward minded number 8s like Maddison and Tilemans then there is a strong arguement for Ndidi over Kante (seems mad to even type that). As he is better as a pure defensive midfielder. 

But if your playing in a two with Danny Drinkwater then there is absolutely no competition! Ngolo isn't utilised best as a pure defensive midfielder he's a box to box more explosive player and at that He is absolutely world class. 

• Like 1

I did say in my post that I’d rather have Ndidi right now because of age/form but I do personally believe, and it’s my opinion only not stating it as fact, that peak Kante (the season with us and one after with Chelsea and the World Cup win) is probably the greatest defensive/box to box midfielder the world has ever seen and better than Ndidi will ever be. Kante was legitimately world class for two seasons.  I love Wilf though, and right now would take him over Kante. I just think the wee guy was a freak of nature when he was here and probably the best player we’ll ever see play for us. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Ndidi can also dominate aerially, so any small edge Kante has on him otherwise is a bit moot. For us right now, I wouldn't trade Ndidi for any player in the whole world. Maybe Kimmich. Probably not though. Every season Ndidi improves, I'm very excited to see how far his passing game can go. It's already (imo) a touch better than Kante's.

Ndid’s passing is better than Kante’s?

Ndidi’s passing has improved as hes been banned from attempting to pass more than 10 yards... Ndidi’s passing is now nearly as good as Kaspers.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Seriously ???  Ng’s ability to play quick first time passes on interception of the play is one of his greatest assets. It’s an area wilf has improved but not in ngolo’s league yet.   And wilfs passing game in general is his overall weakness. Brendan is dealing with it but he wont be able to reach peak ng levels imo as that requires a natural capability ....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously ???  Ng’s ability to play quick first time passes on interception of the play is one of his greatest assets. It’s an area wilf has improved but not in ngolo’s league yet.   And wilfs passing game in general is his overall weakness. Brendan is dealing with it but he wont be able to reach peak ng levels imo as that requires a natural capability ....

Yeah definitely his short passing is better but imo Ndidi's long passing has improved a lot this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Kante hasn't looked the same player for 12-18 months now.

It's actually been sad to see, he isn't the all action boss he was. Recently had a fair few injuries and issues which I hope he recovers from. 

On 17/06/2020 at 01:35, Nicolo Barella said:

Kante used to win so many headers that he had no right to win, to be fair. It was remarkable. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Would be a clever move by Chelsea if they’d sell Kante this summer for £70m to PSG and replaced him with a proper anchorman. He just doesn’t fit into their team playing Frank’s 433. 

To be fair Jorginho is pretty good for the anchorman role, with Gilmour likely to get more game time next season in that role as well

Then they still have Kovacic, Barkley, Mount, Loftus-Cheek for the other 2

Likely they would focus more on Havertz to play in the middle 2 rather than someone for the anchorman role

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Jorginho isn’t a bad player either, but again, I don’t know how much he fits with the way they’re trying to play (links with him reuniting with Sarri as well)

If they were to sell the two and sign someone like Thomas Partey and Havertz I think they’d up the quality of their midfield massively. I just think selling Kante would be good business but they’d still need someone in midfield to come in and put a foot in.

Like you say re Gilmour, maybe he’ll be that man for them in years to come but haven’t seen enough of him so far to say really if he’s ready to step into the starting 11. Possible tho of course.

Yeah it does sound like Juve are pushing for him, but wanting to offer players rather than money which I don't think Chelsea would be really interested in

Rumours as well that Chelsea could well go after Rice, so definitely seems like if they do go for a DM it is someone like Jorginho who is more of a ball player rather than a destroyer like Ndidi (Thankfully for us!)

I can definitely see Gilmour being in and around the 11 with all the matches they have with Europe etc. probably see him a few times as well during these last 9 games

6 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Anyone else slightly concerned how reliant we are on Ndidi and the number of games coming up?

Choudhury needs to step up as will Mendy because there's no way he can play every minute of every match we have.

All Clubs will be resting players for certain games. What we need to do is, hit the ground running and finish this ECL qualification place early doors, leaving us with 2-3 games spare (hopefully) - finger crossed:ph34r:.

10 hours ago, tickler28 said:

Anyone else slightly concerned how reliant we are on Ndidi and the number of games coming up?

Choudhury needs to step up as will Mendy because there's no way he can play every minute of every match we have.

I would rather have Mendy over Hamza in DM if both were fully fit. I see Mendy as more positionally aware than hamza ..Hamza seems to be more box to box opposed to an anchor of a DM.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

With all of Mendy’s injury struggles in the past few years, he might actually be smarter staying here and signing a new contract than looking for a move.

Like you say, he’s an important and valued squad player, he could go somewhere expecting to compete for first team football, get injured and be discarded. 

Unless he’s absolutely desperate to play first team and thinks he’s past his injury problems:dunno:

There must be a temptation to go back to France though, he would walk in to a lot of the sides in and around the Europa League places each season.

• Like 1