Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matteo Guendouzi

This kid’s been booted to the curb by a club with a worse midfield than ours … in significant part for character issues.

A huge part of our rise has been recruiting coachable, high-character young players with Ndidi being only the most shining example.

Cannot see us compromising our standard on that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Do we have a history of taking a player who is an absolute grade A chopper though and turning them in to decent team players?

Simpson is the obvious one but other than that we've generally signed good lads that have added to the dressing room.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

You think we are like Arsenal, please explain?

Soft underbelly, awful in big games. I don’t think we’re as bad as them personality wise but you could imagine Chilwell and Maddison taking selfies post match a bit like the one in February 2016. 

We can play attractive football but struggle in games we can’t out pass teams too, these are all things that Arsenal have been doing for about 15 years 

• Like 1

Whenever I’ve seen him play against us he has contributed absolutely nothing. He strikes me as a player who thinks he’s tough, but goes missing when it counts. When you watch the third goal we scored against them last season, Barnes shrugs him off easily to lay off to Ricardo to set Vardy up. He spent most of his time remonstrating with the linesman about an imaginary foul! Should’ve conceded a penalty in the game in November as well. He doesn’t take responsibility, he runs his mouth, and when things don’t go his way, throws his toys out of the pram. The fact Arteta has spotted that and wants shot of him speaks volumes. He may grow out of it eventually and show his ability. But when you consider the attitudes of Tielemans and Ndidi who aren’t that much older than him, I don’t see him contributing to the squad in a positive way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

Soft underbelly, awful in big games. I don’t think we’re as bad as them personality wise but you could imagine Chilwell and Maddison taking selfies post match a bit like the one in February 2016 

I think that's a trait of modern day footballers, I'd like to think we are a little more switched on as a club to stop that sort of thing.

2 hours ago, Stadt said:

We can play attractive football but struggle in games we can’t out pass teams too, these are all things that Arsenal have been doing for about 15 years 

I think we are missing a bit of steal and experience in big games when we play against the likes of the big six! The difference for me is we have a lot of young players, Maddison, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Tielemans, Chilwell, Barnes all under 23!

Arsenal have being doing it with seasoned pro's and Internationals!

On 07/07/2020 at 13:28, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Not feeling this at all, offers nothing.

Bit of a Billy Big Bollocks thinks he’s more superior than he is, wrong attitude not as good as what we have could be the proverbial bad apple think I’ll pass !