Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matteo Guendouzi

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I really thought you were onto something....

Same, i was about to drop my career and go into the sports media limelight and make the big time reporting fake news stories 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

Same, i was about to drop my career and go into the sports media limelight and make the big time reporting fake news stories 😂

Si from Moken, the REAL global voice of the Foxes. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

If we do sign him, I bet he's a fan's favourite within 3 games.

He gives off the Robbie Savage vibe.

But ultimately he's not good enough, no matter how much pandering to fans he does on social media or his "shithouse" style of play, it won't cover up for his lack of ability.

Good thing with him is he's very young.

I have seen better pace and technical ability in the women's league. He reminds me of Jody Morris when he used to get pissed in nightclubs and do his loadsmoney act to bouncers and taxi drivers when they kicked him out. His carreer ended before it started.

On 25/06/2020 at 10:36, Line-X said:

I did - and there you go - that says it all. Precisely my point. In each of these sensationalist articles, Guendozi's comments were, the classic disclaimer - "according to a source". Even though Maupay intimated that Guendozi had belittled them - and incidentally, I have no doubt that this did happen and did involve condescending comments about their earnings - it is nonetheless utterly without substantiation. This is the precisely the behaviour of the gutter press that we regularly berate on this forum or take with a metric ton of salt...particularly when such controversy and negative publicity is courted by a Leicester player. We tend to objectively ask questions first, as opposed to blind acceptance. This stuff sells. The press has a duty to report - but also to qualify their claims. 

I'm not defending Guendozi or taking a stance, but at the same time I prefer to be cautious about stories based upon hearsay and anonymous anecdote stoked up, circulated and mindlessly parroted/regurgitated within the vacuous echo chamber, kangaroo court of social media and jaundiced yellow journalism on the gutter press. Not good for anyone concerned. If this happened, the club will know, and it should then be dealt with internally which I suspect it currently is.

You actually have to laugh. 

I know this post was a few days ago, but I’ve just read it and was completely astounded by it! 

Within your comments you berate the “gutter press” and claim it’s a story with no foundation, primarily because there’s no named source - and yet go on to suggest you “have no doubt it did happen” so as to completely contradict yourself.

Mean don’t get me wrong - the nations press are a bunch of wordsmiths that are able to paint a picture with them in a thousand different ways of their choosing.

But suggesting this story is made up because of the unnamed source aspect is a just silly.

For one, it’s the sort of info you wouldn’t want to put your name to and the sports pages don’t have any need to make up quotes - transfer stories maybe, but quotes? 

Additionally, the outlets reporting this story would also face the risk of defamation if it was not true and MG wanted to challenge the reporting - with this carrying a higher risk due to MG’s obvious ability to finance an action through the civil courts.

Mean don’t get me wrong - I get the fact you feel the press are bastards and that there are too many instances of source less quotes (especially in the world of politics).

But I would assert your claims to be highly sceptical about stories that contain them would not be born out by reality and that confirmation bias was a bigger factor.

Oh and on the Sideshow Bob transfer rumours - no thanks, he’s poop 💩