Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Matteo Guendouzi

22 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I know this post was a few days ago, but I’ve just read it and was completely astounded by it! 

And from reading your response, it's clear that you either completely misconstrued my post or didn't understand it. 

25 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Within your comments you berate the “gutter press” and claim it’s a story with no foundation, primarily because there’s no named source - and yet go on to suggest you “have no doubt it did happen” so as to completely contradict yourself.

It is a purely anecdotal account and whilst It's very likely that he did mock the players over their earnings - and I believe that he did, (note the word 'believe'), this is in the absence of substantiation. Guendouzi is irrelevant. The sole point to take from my post is - as has been repeatedly demonstrated, we need to be wary of accommodating such baseless claims particularly in the case of the The Sun, The Mail and Talksport. That's all.

30 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

But suggesting this story is made up because of the unnamed source aspect is a just silly.

Why? It's the go-to line in yellow journalism - particularly in the sports gutter press - and at no stage did I claim it was 'made up'; (although, how many times have you seen an 'according to an unnamed source', only for it to transpire not to be total bollocks?) Once again, to clarify, history has taught us to approach these outlets and the veracity of their stories with extreme caution. And yes, it's entirely possible that this was embellished or even exaggerated. As I said, I think in this case it's likely that it is true, but not because The Sun said so.

35 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

For one, it’s the sort of info you wouldn’t want to put your name to

So than means we shouldn't be sceptical when it comes to media outlets that have demonstrably fabricated claims in the past and outright lied in the interest of selling sensationalism? 

42 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Additionally, the outlets reporting this story would also face the risk of defamation if it was not true and MG wanted to challenge the reporting - with this carrying a higher risk due to MG’s obvious ability to finance an action through the civil courts.

I frequently remind gullible conspiracy theorists that mindlessly subscribe to fake news sources and so called alt-news, yet don't trust MSM that the latter is subject to regulation and indeed, if need be, answerable through the judicial system. Precisely why in these cases they favour the phrase "according to one source that cannot be named". Again, in the absence of validation - take it with a metric ton of salt. 

48 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Mean don’t get me wrong - I get the fact you feel the press are bastards and that there are too many instances of source less quotes (especially in the world of politics).

I never expressed any such views concerning the "press being bastards". There are many, many respected and established journalists that report faithfully, accurately, objectively and in some cases, bravely. Less so, the Sun, The Mail and Talksport. If I see a sourceless quote or allegation, I simply disregard it. I might have an opinion on it, but without due care, that direction can quickly lead to confirmation bias - a dangerous road in the Post-Truth era. 'Opinions' are increasingly valueless. 

55 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

But I would assert your claims to be highly sceptical about stories that contain them would not be born out by reality and that confirmation bias was a bigger factor.

Quite the reverse - as I have explained, on the contrary, it is the very wish to avoid it. 

58 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Oh and on the Sideshow Bob transfer rumours - no thanks, he’s poop 💩 

Well he's clearly not is he. I don't think that we have any need for him here though. 

Players such as Matteo Guendouzi do seem to epitomise everything that is wrong with Arsenal and indeed the modern game. 

Thank you for your reply. 

On 25/06/2020 at 09:51, hackneyfox said:

The Metro

The Mail

The Sun

TalkSport

Worth pointing out (if it hasn't been already) that, if one were to REALLY do some research, you'd find out that this is essentially the same source.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Definitely on his way out of Arsenal then it looks like

...what ever went wrong!!!

When this guy came on the scene he was being hailed as the next great find.

What has happened that has transformed him to someone they can't offload quick enough.

I'd guess he's lost discipline off the pitch with his own teammates and/or management post Brighton and there's no way back for him.

You don't go from starting matches to gone in one day without a complete breakdown in relationship.

Not sure of him either, is he really all that good? Is his problem just with Arsenal or is he a complete numpty? I'd say no & yes respectively, from what little I've seen of him.

I don’t rate Guendouzi at all. Every time I’ve watched him play he flatters to deceive. He rarely comes up with a quality pass and for all his running around he contributes little and clearly he has a suspect attitude. I’ve also noticed he gets caught out of position a lot of the time in transition when Arsenal lose the ball and he himself is prone to give up the ball in his own half. He’s just not someone I would want in our squad. I think Choudhery is a better prospect going forward. 
so for me it’s a resounding NO on Guendouzi.

Would be an expensive pointless signing, what does the lad bring, is he defensive or offensive, he seems to run around a lot but not seen anything of note that he’s done.

Offensively won’t pass Madders or Tielemans even Praet in that roll and defensively won’t pass Ndidi, Praet or Mendy before you even get to Hamza.

We need creativity so it’s a no from me.

He would either be tamed here or he'll fall out with Kasper and Vardy and that never ends well for anybody. Not worth the risk, for someone in his position. You might take a gamble on a quality wide man that can win you games but not someone who wouldn't even be first choice. 

Has something about him, seems one of the few Arsenal players up for the fight and with a bit of steel, athletic and technically sound.

I think we have a history of taking player who are unwanted and turning them around. 

I also think we have a stronger dressing room then Arsenal. 

Edited by coolhandfox

54 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Has something about him, seems one of the few Arsenal players up for the fight and with a bit of steel, athletic and technically sound.

I think we have a history of taking player who are unwanted and turning them around. 

I also think we have a stronger dressing room then Arsenal. 

Do we have a history of taking a player who is an absolute grade A chopper though and turning them in to decent team players?

Ah, that makes more sense, I wasn't aware of the other incidents involving him. If he's refused to apologise and stuff too, Arteta is rightly getting rid of him.

Not good enough to play for us anyway IMO, can't see what he'd bring to the table, doesn't score, doesn't create goals, doesn't make enough tackles to warrent playing as a CDM, and his attitude is questionable.

Guest SO1

When l see him I want to punch him. Don't know if it's the face or the shirt. Too pretty, winey, bitchy etc. If he was Suarez I'd take him in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Do we have a history of taking a player who is an absolute grade A chopper though and turning them in to decent team players?

No. be we have a history of taking other peoples casts off and doing well with them.

Unless you know him in person, it hard to judge a character from distance, for some stupid comment and moments at 21! 

1 hour ago, Focks said:

If we sign him, I will stop supporting Leicester

Think this says more about you then him to be fair.....   

Brendan would fancy him. Whether that means he comes here is a completely different story but he is everything Brendan wants in a midfielder talent wise. He’s a sore loser by all accounts and has some maturing to do mentally but anyone doubting his technical, footballing potential needs their head checking. 

• Like 2