Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Sheffield Utd post match

14 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Huge difference, the team were so professional.

That game wasn't just about how well we played, but for the real positives and signs of future potential. For me, that's why last nights game feels so different. 

Justin was great, I'd been doubting his ability to handle the pressure, but last night he proved he's arrived. It was just amazing, not only seeing him settled and proving his ability, but genuinely enjoying playing the game, that's a big sign for the future. 

As everyone has said, Tielemans played like the signing we made, he looked fantastic. Again, another player with a smile on his face, he was first to most balls and used and distributed his opportunities perfectly, that pass for Vardy's post clipper was lovely. Looking ahead, that's the type of performance where next season you could imagine him walking out with the captains arm band on. 

Speaking of captains, Wes was great, he must have loved that. a proper commanding performance. 

And then Thomas, what a debut. To be that composed and assured is not only credit to himself, but also for the development team in preparing him so well for such a crucial game. He made the right decisions and was very comfortable in organising players around him. 

Vardy was lightning. The decision for him to get back amongst the game has been vital, true it begs the question of how long can he keep that up before injuries upset the balance, but he's smart enough to be able to answer that question for himself. On last nights performance, he'll see more seasons for us. 

Rodgers made the right calls too, he's always saying it's about learning, well last night he showed he's putting all of that education into practice. 

That's the future we can all buy into. 

Yep..!!   Now we just Need the fans on foxestalk to start Learning & Grow out of their nappies...!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

sorry - in retrospect, wasn't hard to find the hundred and six comments !!!

I think you’ve misunderstood my comment, but can see why.

i was saying I cannot believe the penalty was missed and not even looked at. Not you looking back over the odd comment 👍

• Like 1

Wasnt expecting the result, I will admit that, The Sheff Utd manager was furious, he clearly thinks we were there for the taking and his players played badly, however we did put in a reasonable performance ourselves.  I didn't like though that Rodgers still went to a more defensive shape  1-0 up 3/4 into the game, but we did win.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Wasnt expecting the result, I will admit that, The Sheff Utd manager was furious, he clearly thinks we were there for the taking and his players played badly, however we did put in a reasonable performance ourselves.  I didn't like though that Rodgers still went to a more defensive shape  1-0 up 3/4 into the game, but we did win.

Rodgers is too cautious too quickly... get used to it

Edited by foxinsocks

“We played the first half really well and then we were very concentrated.” Brendan from post match interview.

I thought we played better second half overall with our pressing and more forward looking passing. First half was good but there was too much back passing even when we got to the final third - I said this here on FT at the time and I worried that the back passing mentality will get to us in the second half. Thankfully it didn’t. Seems like Brendan though is a big fan of back passing first.