Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Sheffield Utd post match

Guest An Sionnach

The Bournemouth second half was an aberration , a first class cock up , but we are a good team and tonight showed that well.

A lot more pleasing performance, a bit more clinical and we could have had a few more goals but a very welcome 3 points at a crucial time.

Hopefully this win gives us the springboard to see us over the line with 2 tough games left.

This is the performance we have been wanting to see, pressing, fight, and a willingness to battle for everything. 

If u keep that kind of effort up and lose most can take that as sometimes quality shows in the end.

Its when they crumble without the effort and desire that hurts the most.

Edited by steflcfc
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hammo said:

We all had our doubts about whether this team has a backbone.

Those doubts were shredded tonight.

I don’t think it is a coincidence that Warrior Wes was out there captaining the side. What a man!

And Thomas was flawless. An amazing debut. Far better than any Chilwell performance this season.

But my man of the match was Tielemans. When he purrs like he did tonight, he is truly world class. More of the same v Spurs and Man United please, Youri.

Best game by Youri this season. He played in more advanced positions and controlled the tempo. The formation suited him.

Also big praise for both full backs, Luke Thomas was immense! JJ had one of his best games too. 

And the 3 centre backs were solid. Let's kick on!

So tonight having a couple of celebratory Makers Mark Neat rather than the dreadful medicinal hangover I had after Sunday’s Debacle in Bournemouth no hangover tomorrow unlike what looked like second half Sunday !

Really proud of the fighting Foxes Never quit Fearless mentality tonight some amazing performances all rounds it’s as if Top gave a team talk today telling some to fight for their Leicester contracts and to keep honouring Kuhn Vichai with top draw quality performances and a win, I don’t mind if we win or lose when we play well but to capitulate a second half performance and give away 4 sloppy goals and a red card is unacceptable time to show your Grit and Determination LCFC lets make history together finish as high as we can and give us all those glorious Champions League nights at the KP again !!

💙🦊💙🦊💙

We've criticised them,  Maybe rightlty especially  on that Infamous night against Bournemouth...

Tonight,The old, the new and the doubted,  turned up today,Yes its their job..!!

But..I want to say a big thankyou to The whole Team tonight...The fans Wanted to see some light  showing some spirit & commitment.

To a player they gave it...The oldest.our club captain,our younger the debutant led the way..though Not One Player can be criticised,

Individually or within the team....I

There is still along Way to go...2 of the Longest 90 minutes in our football Lifetimes to date...Again Its Not always the result but that all important

Show of commitment within the performance...the Promise to The fans They can Finish on an high,despite any twists of fortune...

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Said before the match Sheffield United suspect to the counter attack. 

After the Palace game, mentioned how these players seem to show grit when they want but then turn out something snowflake a week later 

nostradamus, alive and well in Wales.

no, seriously, nice one coming on here to pat yourself on the back.

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Wilder does not mince words!   >_<

“They’re basically League One - Championship players playing in the Premier league.  So if they want to go their own way and go about it the manner that they want to go about it, then they’re going to keep producing performances like that.  And I’m certainly not one to accept a performance like that.”

The max has to be the minimum for us, surely? The max is the max is... obvious?

I'm not sure hearing that I was a league 1 standard player would motivate me..

Given the circumstances (huge pressure, terrible previous form, several key players missing, tricky opposition) arguably our best performance of the season. Only slight gripe was that our finishing was woeful. According to the stats, we had 6 big chances and missed 5. Need to be much more clinical in the next 2 games. But don't want to dwell on a negative when there were so many good performances across the park. To pick out one player, today was proof that if Youri plays well then the team as a whole plays well. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox