Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Sheffield Utd post match

5 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Chris Wilder summed it up perfectly tonight: "Their fight was bigger than ours".  That for me is the biggest thing - what a response! Praise where it's due, to a man, we were absolutely superb tonight. We battled hard and dominated the midfield and we muscled Sheffield United out of the game. We moved the ball well and we nullified the high energy levels in their game. All things I didn't expect from tonight, especially after I saw the team sheet. That's the first time since football resumed where we've really stepped up to the plate and shown our mettle. Absolutely chuffed!

A word on Tielemans though, outstanding tonight. That's the Youri I want to see week in week out. Always making himself available for the ball, good range of passing, picking players out in dangerous areas and fantastic energy all game. I thought young Luke Thomas looked very assured and had a good game, a nice assist too. Justin as well I thought had a much improved game, same for Ndidi.

And as for Wes: hero. 

Yeah, when he steps up and wants the ball, he is awesome. He has had to adjust to play second fiddle to Maddison the whole season but hopefully he is coming back out from his shell. His passing was superb.

Sheff looked a bit leggy to me. I know we are focused on our not having depth, but other clubs are really suffering too. That FA cup game might look a touch under-23(ish).

Tonight's performance was a brilliant response, so many positives, but it was emotional to see Wesley Morgan at the heart of it again. He has been written off time and time again, but in the right kind of game, he is still a warrior king for us.

OMG, wasn’t expecting that! Cheered me up no end.

The new lad didn’t put a foot wrong as far as I could see. Wes was absolutely solid as ever, and even Bennett looked solid again after a bit of a dodgy game against Bournemouth.

Vardy should have another couple of assists and good to see Gray actually score. Everyone had a good game but Barnes needs to take his chances.

CL back on.

4 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Sheff looked a bit leggy to me. I know we are focused on our not having depth, but other clubs are really suffering too. That FA cup game might look a touch under-23(ish).

Tonight's performance was a brilliant response, so many positives, but it was emotional to see Wesley Morgan at the heart of it again. He has been written off time and time again, but in the right kind of game, he is still a warrior king for us.

Can ole /frank afford not to take an fa cup final appearance seriously ????

i agree likely to see both clubs field weakened sides with the excuse that the schedule has taken its toll .......

• Like 1

It was a great performance, I thought Sheffield looked like they’ve over extended themselves, and we were causing them all kinds of problems, and probably should have scored more goals. 

One thing that I am slightly concerned about going forward is the back three. Wes was absolutely superb, but it’s one thing dealing with McBernie, McGoldrick and Mcsharp.... with Kane and Son to come in the next few games we may need to the think.

Much better performance all round though, N’didi was a monster again, Youri purring like a young Zidane. Barnes was superb until he got into the box, he absolutely has to work on this form next season. Young Thomas looked brilliant, confident, composed and didn’t put a foot wrong, again he will have something different to think about in the next two games.

Next two games have to leave everything out there.. and watch Chelsea **** it along the way.

Huge difference, the team were so professional.

That game wasn't just about how well we played, but for the real positives and signs of future potential. For me, that's why last nights game feels so different. 

Justin was great, I'd been doubting his ability to handle the pressure, but last night he proved he's arrived. It was just amazing, not only seeing him settled and proving his ability, but genuinely enjoying playing the game, that's a big sign for the future. 

As everyone has said, Tielemans played like the signing we made, he looked fantastic. Again, another player with a smile on his face, he was first to most balls and used and distributed his opportunities perfectly, that pass for Vardy's post clipper was lovely. Looking ahead, that's the type of performance where next season you could imagine him walking out with the captains arm band on. 

Speaking of captains, Wes was great, he must have loved that. a proper commanding performance. 

And then Thomas, what a debut. To be that composed and assured is not only credit to himself, but also for the development team in preparing him so well for such a crucial game. He made the right decisions and was very comfortable in organising players around him. 

Vardy was lightning. The decision for him to get back amongst the game has been vital, true it begs the question of how long can he keep that up before injuries upset the balance, but he's smart enough to be able to answer that question for himself. On last nights performance, he'll see more seasons for us. 

Rodgers made the right calls too, he's always saying it's about learning, well last night he showed he's putting all of that education into practice. 

That's the future we can all buy into. 

Big win last night. 

Solid at the back, solid in the middle of the park. Youri and Ndidi were brilliant. 

What I enjoyed the most though was the change in our decisions on the ball at the back, when in doubt, hoof it.

The confidence shown was class. We move.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

It was a great performance, I thought Sheffield looked like they’ve over extended themselves, and we were causing them all kinds of problems, and probably should have scored more goals. 

One thing that I am slightly concerned about going forward is the back three. Wes was absolutely superb, but it’s one thing dealing with McBernie, McGoldrick and Mcsharp.... with Kane and Son to come in the next few games we may need to the think.

Much better performance all round though, N’didi was a monster again, Youri purring like a young Zidane. Barnes was superb until he got into the box, he absolutely has to work on this form next season. Young Thomas looked brilliant, confident, composed and didn’t put a foot wrong, again he will have something different to think about in the next two games.

Next two games have to leave everything out there.. and watch Chelsea **** it along the way.

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Huge difference, the team were so professional.

That game wasn't just about how well we played, but for the real positives and signs of future potential. For me, that's why last nights game feels so different. 

Justin was great, I'd been doubting his ability to handle the pressure, but last night he proved he's arrived. It was just amazing, not only seeing him settled and proving his ability, but genuinely enjoying playing the game, that's a big sign for the future. 

As everyone has said, Tielemans played like the signing we made, he looked fantastic. Again, another player with a smile on his face, he was first to most balls and used and distributed his opportunities perfectly, that pass for Vardy's post clipper was lovely. Looking ahead, that's the type of performance where next season you could imagine him walking out with the captains arm band on. 

Speaking of captains, Wes was great, he must have loved that. a proper commanding performance. 

And then Thomas, what a debut. To be that composed and assured is not only credit to himself, but also for the development team in preparing him so well for such a crucial game. He made the right decisions and was very comfortable in organising players around him. 

Vardy was lightning. The decision for him to get back amongst the game has been vital, true it begs the question of how long can he keep that up before injuries upset the balance, but he's smart enough to be able to answer that question for himself. On last nights performance, he'll see more seasons for us. 

Rodgers made the right calls too, he's always saying it's about learning, well last night he showed he's putting all of that education into practice. 

That's the future we can all buy into. 

Agree with all of that. Tielemans is back!

That may be as good as it gets for the rest of this season. It's one thing our big three CBs keeping out McBurnie et al, but Son Kane & La Moura or Martial Rashford & Greenwood present a different level of problem. And now we know (naïve of Rodgers?) that neither Chilwell or Fuchs will play again this season, expect our tyro LB to get a real examination in these next two.

Still, we are in Europa League man! Dilly ding, dilly dong! 

• Haha 1

Last night was exactly what we asked for. A good performance for the full 90 minutes, good mental resilience, no switching off or believing the game was won, three points and back to winning ways.

Thomas was brilliant. Totally unfazed, looked a threat going forward and dealt with Sheff Utds overloading of the flanks. Really impressive.

Morgan was a colossus, Bennett was spraying the long passes about, Vardy was turned into some hybrid pressing Trequartista, Tielemans ran the show and Gray came on scored with a really composed finish.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights, and it looks like we should have had a Penalty prior to our first goal.

barnes clear through, before o’ Connell pushes him in the back.

know in hind site we Won, should it matter? But just goes to show how much gets missed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkish14 said:

Just watched the highlights, and it looks like we should have had a Penalty prior to our first goal.

barnes clear through, before o’ Connell pushes him in the back.

know in hind site we Won, should it matter? But just goes to show how much gets missed. 

Yeah seen this. Also seen the Zaha against man utd penno claim last night.

Its very hard to not be cynical but both of these would of been given if it was Man Utd.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I've really got time for Chris Wilder.     Unlike most other managers, there is no bullsh*t.  No meaningless cliches or excuses.   Just straightforward honesty.

Classy guy and tells it how it is. Reminds me of Nige although clearly more comfortable with the media

Edited by foxfanazer

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Wilder was bit harsh when he said something along the lines of his players are league one/championship standard and if they think they can make their own way then good luck to them.

He's harsh but it's realistic. Their team is built currently on the system, everyone knowing their jobs thoroughly and buying into the team. It isn't a case of 1 or 2 exceptional talents carrying the squad.