Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

7 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Can't we just chuck him and albrighton on and hope he heads some in since vardys out

If Ihneacho starts I would imagine Slimani and Albrighton will both be on the bench and that will be plan B. 

12 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Can't we just chuck him and albrighton on and hope he heads some in since vardys out

Isn't this 'great header of a football' a bit of a myth?

I distinctly remember us all expecting it when he arrived, but whatever his merits since then has it been a notable strong point?

He seems to me to be a 'normal' striker in that sense, much more of an Ings than a Carroll

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Isn't this 'great header of a football' a bit of a myth?

I distinctly remember us all expecting it when he arrived, but whatever his merits since then has it been a notable strong point?

He seems to me to be a 'normal' striker in that sense, much more of an Ings than a Carroll

13 goals in total for us, six with his head, six open play with his feet and one penalty.

So not a myth but perhaps overplayed.

Edited by Strokes

17 minutes ago, Strokes said:

13 goals in total for us, six with his head, six open play with his feet and one penalty.

If I remember correctly he was decent with his head in front of goal, but not someone who could challenge for the ball in the air anywhere else.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I was including his time at Monaco in that 'since then'. Can only remember one header in his nine goals there, but may not have seen all of them. 

I guess my point is it seems some people only see him as a sort of 'big man' up front, that it's his only possible contribution. So 'overstated' works!

I think this goes hand in hand with the claims that he's slow, which I don't agree with. Sure, he's not lightning, but he's not lumbering either. 

Edited by turtmcfly

19 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I was including his time at Monaco in that 'since then'. Can only remember one header in his nine goals there, but may not have seen all of them. 

I guess my point is it seems some people only see him as a sort of 'big man' up front, that it's his only possible contribution. So 'overstated' works!

I think this goes hand in hand with the claims that he's slow, which I don't agree with. Sure, he's not lightning, but he's not lumbering either. 

Yeah I agree, I think we see a big man up top and instinctively boot the ball at him in this country. He certainly has much more to his game than headed goals.

25 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

If I remember correctly he was decent with his head in front of goal, but not someone who could challenge for the ball in the air anywhere else.

Again I’d agree, I remember him not being particularly dominating in the air.

I'm delighted he's getting a second chance. His goals would have seen us in Champions league now but Brendan is just gone up a notch as as Manager.

We now not only have another Striker but one who offers something different and another way of playing.

Now the opposition won't know what to think in their planning, where presently they only had to worry and plan for Vardy.

The season is looking better already.

21 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm delighted he's getting a second chance. His goals would have seen us in Champions league now but Brendan is just gone up a notch as as Manager.

We now not only have another Striker but one who offers something different and another way of playing.

Now the opposition won't know what to think in their planning, where presently they only had to worry and plan for Vardy.

The season is looking better already.

Yep. Definitely a massive plus if we've got Slimani playing instead of Vardy