Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

It does appear that we are not going to delve into the transfer market this season.  Certainly not before the season kicks off.  Question is are Slimani,Silva and Ghezzal really that bad that they cant even displace youngsters and people like Mendy from our team?

Silva a Portuguese International midfielder and Slimani Algerian International striker.  Our squad is lacking serious depth.   Surely they should be given a chance?

I cannot understand why they have been frozen out?  

At least when Albrighton puts pointless crosses in Slimani may be there to head them in?  Our strike force certainly lacks height.

Have you seen them play, that should give you all you need to know.

As for Slimani, Vardy hates him so no chance!

3 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Seem to recall Slimani scored a couple of crackers for us in the Champions League?

I was taking about Silva and Ghezzall playing wise!

Slimani score one header vs Porto in the CL, he's the best of the 3 but clearly his face doesn't fit. 

Edited by coolhandfox

4 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Problem is I'm not even sure Ghezzal is any worse than Gray and Albrighton. 

I think it's a bit weird that we haven't even asked them to come back to the club. 

I think its clear the club wants the 3 of them gone!

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Problem is I'm not even sure Ghezzal is any worse than Gray and Albrighton. 

I think it's a bit weird that we haven't even asked them to come back to the club. 

Ghezzal was shocking.  Albrighton has been fantastic for us.  Gray, lie Ghezzal has some ability that isn't always realised but works much harder for the team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

If Slimani wasn’t such a tosser he would be more than ideal for depth in squad. Silva I think they are desperate to get him off the wage bill & Ghezzal is just dog sh*t

Is Adrian Silva any worse than Mendy though?  So Vardy doesnt like Slimani at work.  We all work with people we dont like but you have to crack on.  As for Ghezzal was he really given a chance?  Is he any worse than Gray.  I like Mark Albrightons work rate and endeavour and he was good for us in our title winning season but is he the answer now?

Still think all three could do a job for us in the squad this season.

• Like 2

Slimani and Silva are among our highest earners despite not featuring in the first team, so even if we could use them, the club are trying to force them out to recoup those wages at a minimum to divide between the rest of the team and / or new signings. If Silva was on less, I think Rodgers might try to utilise him, but as he's on 80k a week, I think the club just to want to get him off the books as fast as possible. I think with both, the club would rather have no one but save the wages than to have either in the squad and costing us 150k a week+.

I am not sure how much Ghezzal is on but I'd imagine he was a Puel signing and not fancied at the club anymore either. I don't think he was that much worse than Gray or Albrighton and though he had many dodgy games, he had some good ones too. But again, I imagine the club want to force these players out to recoup wages and transfer fees.

Football can be a brutal business in that once your out of favour, you're banished to the sidelines until you can find another club. That said with what these players are earning it's hard to feel sorry for any of them.

Morale of the story is that it's best not to sign players in their peak on high wages unless you are absolutely certain they can do a job, otherwise they eat into your wages and can be hard if not impossible to shift. It's not just us in this position, Man U had similar problems with Sanches, Arsenal with Ozil and Chelsea with Drinkwater (lol).

Edited by StriderHiryu

Ghezzal is league one quality at best, Silva and Slimani should, on paper, be good, i guess sometimes players are not bad, they just don't fit certain clubs whether that be style of play or just settling in.

I have little doubt that both Slimani and Silva would perform great in a different team or league.

Similar to Kramaric I guess.

1 hour ago, suffolk fox said:

It does appear that we are not going to delve into the transfer market this season.  Certainly not before the season kicks off.  Question is are Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal really that bad that they cant even displace youngsters and people like Mendy from our team?

Silva a Portuguese International midfielder and Slimani Algerian International striker.  Our squad is lacking serious depth.   Surely they should be given a chance?

I cannot understand why they have been frozen out?  

At least when Albrighton puts pointless crosses in Slimani may be there to head them in?  Our strike force certainly lacks height.

What makes you say that we are not going to go into the transfer markets?  There are 2 weeks until the start of the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't noticed a long queue forming for these players. Perhaps tells us everything we need to know. 

The really painful part is that fans knew they were a bit crap before we signed them. Makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes especially when it involves such a huge outlay. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Haven't noticed a long queue forming for these players. Perhaps tells us everything we need to know. 

The really painful part is that fans knew they were a bit crap before we signed them. Makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes especially when it involves such a huge outlay. 

Oh, I know. 

I think most fans were happy with the arrival of Slimani and Silva. They’ve just not worked out, for one reason of another.

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I would expect it’s due to wages, I mean Monaco and Fiorentina aren’t bad teams at all. In a way They are a legacy of the CR and Puel sackings. I actually feel bad for them, they didn’t ask for us to sign them on big long contacts but I suppose it’s no different to most other prem clubs, there plenty of deadwood out there!