Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

4 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

A good 3 quarters of the current squad probably barely know him as hes been away on loan for the majority of their time here. I imagine that the idea that he is the most awful disruptive player weve ever had is more a rumour perpetuated by fans who dislike him. Much like the rumour that Vardy hates him so much he made him being sent out on loan part of his contract negotiations. The guy probably is a muppet but he wont be that much of a muppet.

He defo was a muppet when Algeria won the AFCON

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Rodgers must see something in him? 

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

He's shown he can score important goals at the highest level, and he's the only other forward on our books who can really play as a lone striker. It makes sense, but I still wish we had managed to move him on and get someone else in. 

Hes shown what a twat he can be.

1 hour ago, FoxFossil said:

So someone buys him. Makes business sense to me. Couple of goals and his value increases. (see Musa for details)

Our only chance is in January let's hope someones desperate enough.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

A good 3 quarters of the current squad probably barely know him as hes been away on loan for the majority of their time here. I imagine that the idea that he is the most awful disruptive player weve ever had is more a rumour perpetuated by fans who dislike him. Much like the rumour that Vardy hates him so much he made him being sent out on loan part of his contract negotiations. The guy probably is a muppet but he wont be that much of a muppet.

I dont think hes that popular in the squad but I'm very sceptical about a clause in vardys contract that prohibits him from being at the club. I'm suprised but given how much rodgers improved iheanacho its not a bad option to have.

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

I dont think hes that popular in the squad but I'm very sceptical about a clause in vardys contract that prohibits him from being at the club. I'm suprised but given how much rodgers improved iheanacho its not a bad option to have.

Also great news for perez and justin as the scapegoat tag will be moved to Slim.

29 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I'm intrigued as to why so many of our fans keep saying "use slim", "give him another chance". Hes not in the premier league squad, we are out of the league cup so exactly where is he going to play? Our Europa league squad is full with players in the prem squad, so are people suggesting we should drop someone who is in the prem squad out of the Europa squad. Can just imagine that conversation. Sorry Wes/Fuchs/insert player here that some may think should be dropped, but I've decided that whilst Slimani isnt good enough to play in the premier league we are going to put him in the europa league squad at your expense. The mind boggles at times with stuff our fans say. Rodgers has given a chance to Amartey and Mendy. There is obviously reasons beyond his ability as a footballer that is making Rodgers have no interest in having him in our squad. 

Going by what Djellit has posted above (on Twitter) it looks like Slim has now been included in the 25 man squad... he has always seemed to be on the pulse with the Algerian players! I’m sure he even broke the news that we were after Mahrez 

2 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Going by what Djellit has posted above (on Twitter) it looks like Slim has now been included in the 25 man squad... he has always seemed to be on the pulse with the Algerian players! I’m sure he even broke the news that we were after Mahrez 

Yep just seen that. Well if Rodgers sees something in him and he wont be disruptive to the squad then fine. 

Look, beggars can’t really be choosers at this point. We are light up top. Slimani isn’t shit despite what some Leicester fans say, he was never really given a chance to be the main man and rightly so with Vardy around. However if Brendan has spoken to him and they’ve come to an agreement on how he can be used and be useful to the squad this season considering the amount of football we have to play in a considerably shorter calendar season then so be it. It’s like having a new signing for Brendan. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Not sure if posted before: 

“Leicester has entered #Slimani in his list of 25. Rodgers will reinstate him in his group. We should see him again soon in the Leicester shirt. He has 1 year of contract left. He can leave again this winter. He is tempted by the high level. This summer, he refused the Gulf.”

Guy looks legit, France Football, 276k followers. 

Slimani is not in the EL squad, so he must be referring to the PL squad here. Either that or he is wrong - but as has been pointed out he does seem to be reliable on Algerian players

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Slim’s not in the EL squad, surely he’d have been included if he’s staying

Not necessarily as we could only name 24 in there with one of them being KDH. We could name him in the 25 man squad as the additional player, plus Fofana might not have to be named in the 25 man PL squad?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Look, beggars can’t really be choosers at this point. We are light up top. Slimani isn’t shit despite what some Leicester fans say, he was never really given a chance to be the main man and rightly so with Vardy around. However if Brendan has spoken to him and they’ve come to an agreement on how he can be used and be useful to the squad this season considering the amount of football we have to play in a considerably shorter calendar season then so be it. It’s like having a new signing for Brendan. 

I've no doubt he would have guaranteed Champions league last season. Had he of been used even from January.

It may well be that he isn't liked by some players and Brendan doesn't want to upset them,

I'd be surprised if he was brought back into the fold now.

This might not be a bad thing. In the worst case scenario that both Vardy and Iheanacho are unavailable we would need a forward. He's got the ability and as a last resort cover we could do a lot worse. 

I wouldnt be that surprised to see him score a few for us this season. The question is whether or not he would be motivated to come back in, if he wants to play then we may as well make the most of the situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox7 said:

If anyone has Danny Simpson on Instagram, he has posted a story with Islam Slimani...saying you leaving me mate and him saying no I stay. So I guess he is in !

I think Simmo is training with the youngsters until he can find a club, and I’ve also heard Slimani is doing the same. So maybe he means staying with him in that group. I ****ing hope so anyway. 

Of all of our deadwood he is obviously the one that would offer us the most on the pitch. He actually gives us the plan B that we all know weve been needing. 

Imagine if in some of the struggles last year (Norwich, watford, brighton, Everton) we had the big forward to bring on for some of our needless crosses. Im not saying he's the solution  but having him on the bench would give us a few options when a game isnt working out. Perhaps Brendan might be able to get him working in the right way for us. 

• Like 2