Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
suffolk fox

Slimani, Silva and Ghezzal.

On 10/10/2020 at 22:07, Paddy. said:

Shhhhh with your facts and quotations, they don’t  fit with his “Brendan is an arrogant idiot” belief system. X

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He fits in with us having to play 3 times in 7 days pretty much from now until Christmas. He's comfortable on his own or in a front 2. I'd certainly squeeze him in over Gray in the 25 man PL squad as Gray is done here now. Slimani still has a point to prove IMO.

Would certainly get ahead of Gray and Perez for me and, should Vardy get injured or need a rest in any of the competitions then he offers something different to Iheanacho. If Mourhinio was interested in him as a plan B then he must believe that he has some capabilities.

Can we stop with this 'give slim another chance to prove himself' bs. Hes been the clubs worst signing in history and we need to realise that, Stop kidding yourselves people,

- Hes past the age of developing so dont expect it.

- He runs like an ice skater

- His attitude stinks on the pitch

- Hes slow

- He has a face you want to slap

- Hes overrated

- The fact hes earning (100k) a week makes me sick looking at him in our shirt.

- Demarai is more effective at front than him.. says all you need to know.

GETRID k thanks.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

There's very few alternatives. Rodgers may through circumstance decide that Slimani has more of a point to prove here than Gray does and therefore which would be of more use to him until January at the earliest? 

We shall see when the PL squad is submitted. I might be wrong but I'm not expecting to see Slimani's name on the list. 

3 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

For Monaco he got 9 goals and 7 assists in the equivalent of less than 15 full matches. He had 27 in 33 in his final year at Sporting, and has 29 in 68 for Algeria. He is clearly a good goalscorer and offers us something completely different to our other forward options. How you can say Demarai is more effective than him I don't know, we've had CBs who score more often. And he clearly isn't overrated when everyone thinks he's shit, despite an obviously decent goalscoring record.

Yes he's slow, but so is Harry Kane, so was Zlatan Ibrahimovic etc. Increasingly Vardy doesn't use his pace that often in Rodgers' teams.

And let's be honest, his wage is now an irrelevance because we're stuck with him for 3 months anyway. Why not try and get some value back out of that £100kpw (it isn't that high anyway and anyone who thinks they know real salaries is kidding themselves) while we have no alternative?

The only thing I may agree with is his attitude. I never felt he wasn't trying on the pitch (he was never a Beckford in this respect), but if he isn't well liked in the dressing room then that is an issue.

If we'd just signed a 32 year old on a free with his goalscoring record as a maverick backup option we'd all be pretty satisfied. From the outside looking in, there are many worse ideas than giving Slimani a crack.

I admire your positivity but can you see us staying in the top6 with him on the helm scoring goals week out pushing the club forward... no :plancque:

7 hours ago, Simoken said:

Can we stop with this 'give slim another chance to prove himself' bs. Hes been the clubs worst signing in history and we need to realise that, Stop kidding yourselves people,

- Hes slow

- Hes overrated

GETRID k thanks.

Worse signing in Leicesters history?  How long have you been supporting Leicester?  Since 15 16 by any chance?

Pray silence for the following:

Lee Morris

Ade Akinbiyi

Junior effin Lewis

Josh Low

Roger Davis

Trevor Benjamin

Ricardo  Portugese goalkeeper signed by Sven.

Kaebi

Andy Johnson

joe Hamill

Thats just a few.  As we know there are loads more from bygone eras.  I can assure you Islam Slimani is definitely not the worst.

Edited by suffolk fox
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Worse signing in Leicesters history?  How long have you been supporting Leicester?  Since 15 16 by any chance?

Lee Morris

Ade Akinbiyi

Junior effin Lewis

Josh Low

Roger Davis

Trevor Benjamin

Kaebi

Andy Johnson

joe Hamill

Thats just a few.  As we know there are loads more from bygone eras.  I can assure you Islam Slimani is definitely not the worst.

Here here.

Some utter dross, especially between 2004-2008. 

33 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Lee Morris

Ade Akinbiyi

Junior effin Lewis

Josh Low

Roger Davis

Trevor Benjamin

Kaebi

Andy Johnson

joe Hamill

Although I see what you're getting at, your logic is floored. 

The Slimani transfer alone cost more that all of those transfers combined in both fees and wages. 

Josh Low for example isn't comparable as he was a low risk transfer where no one expected him to fire us to glory. 

Also no way Big Trev should be on that list. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Although I see what you're getting at, your logic is floored. 

The Slimani transfer alone cost more that all of those transfers combined in both fees and wages. 

Josh Low for example isn't comparable as he was a low risk transfer where no one expected him to fire us to glory. 

Also no way Big Trev should be on that list. 

Bang on. Worst transfer has to have cost factored in. It’s still quite easily Dennis Wise as the negative impact he had was as bad as it has ever been. 

Then I’d probably go Musa as the guy was as bad as akinbiyi and a crazy ammount of money. 

Then akinbiyi. ( I’m willing to switch the 2 if someone has an inflation calculation)

Silva

Matt mills 

Then slim... but a few crucial goals this season and all will be forgiven. 

Edited by Lambert09

18 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Bang on. Worst transfer has to have cost factored in. It’s still quite easily Dennis Wise as the negative impact he had was as bad as it has ever been. 

Then I’d probably go Musa as the guy was as bad as akinbiyi and a crazy ammount of money. 

Then akinbiyi. ( I’m willing to switch the 2 if someone has an inflation calculation)

Silva

Matt mills 

i've no doubt the Goals he would have delivered last season would have seen us in Champions league now. 

I'd be surprised if Brendan changes his mind on Slimani but I'd respect him more if he did. It would mean he realizes that there's more than one way to win matches. You can't out play teams all the tie with total football. You have to be able to mix it up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

i've no doubt the Goals he would have delivered last season would have seen us in Champions league now. 

I'd be surprised if Brendan changes his mind on Slimani but I'd respect him more if he did. It would mean he realizes that there's more than one way to win matches. You can't out play teams all the tie with total football. You have to be able to mix it up.

We all wrote off Kel until the Everton game. The same would happen with slim if he was able to make an impact at some stage. I’m far from a big fan of his but I can see he could be the bast*rd we need in some games. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Silva

Matt mills 

The fact we got a good chunk of Musa money back and we weren't stuck with him for 4 years makes it a less bad signing.

Even Silva we managed to cut our losses, with a loan move that lead to us getting Tielemans and then coming to an arrangement with the player.

Akinbiyi should be nowhere near this list he got 9 in his first season in the Prem, as a replacement for Heskey that was about par for PL goals, and we got around half the money back for him. Yes we did spend a lot of money on him at the time and his second season was very very bad but that was in large part down to Taylor. At least he didn't stink up the place for 4 years unlike some people.

Slimani has been here 4 years. He has scored 8 (pl) goals in that time and he is clearly the sticking point in a transfer as the club want him gone and other clubs are interested at the right price. He is by far and away our worst signing especially when you consider what he represented: The marquee signing of the premier league champions. He was supposed to lead us to glory not into a financial black hole.

Matt Mills was a shit signing and represented everything bad about the Sven era, but Slimani is by far and away the worst bit of business we have ever done and we're still paying for it now.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

We all wrote off Kel until the Everton game. The same would happen with slim if he was able to make an impact at some stage. I’m far from a big fan of his but I can see he could be the bast*rd we need in some games. 

Neither would I be a fan of his, Someone gave him a silly Contract and we're stuck with it. So lets just make the best of it and use him to change games for us.  I can see what he offers and could bring to the Team. At the moment we're too predictable, which is why we come unstuck against the better Teams. I see him as a poor mans Giroud. If Arsenal are not too proud a club to include Giroud then we shouldn't be afraid to play Slimani.

He has something to prove to both us and potential suitors, It just might prove to be a master stroke.  Then off load him in the Summer. 

13 hours ago, Simoken said:

- Hes slow

- Hes overrated

GETRID k thanks.

Lol

it’s been a while since I laughed so hard! thanks for that!

Slim is actually quite a good goal scorer and has proven that throughput his career.

Nasa have been in tough with Demari about launching their next rocket into space.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Lee Morris

Ade Akinbiyi

Junior effin Lewis

Josh Low

Roger Davis

Trevor Benjamin

Kaebi

Andy Johnson

joe Hamill

Dennis Wise

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

Sure I've read that our greatest ever goalscorer hates his guts. 

No way would I do anything to piss him off, gambling on someone who could/would disrupt the dressing room. 

Gid rid, move on, and learn from it

This got quashed a few posts back.

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Silva

Matt mills 

Seriously musa as bad as Ade? 

though I deplore players being given a hard time, when they are trying their best, Ade was no where near good enough. He’d miss some absolute stinkers, and need lots of shots to get one goal. Musa was far more clinical in shot to goal ratio.

13 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Lee Morris

Ade Akinbiyi

Junior effin Lewis

Josh Low

Roger Davis

Trevor Benjamin

Kaebi

Andy Johnson

joe Hamill

Michael Trotter?

13 hours ago, suffolk fox said:

Lee Morris

Ade Akinbiyi

Junior effin Lewis

Josh Low

Roger Davis

Trevor Benjamin

Kaebi

Andy Johnson

joe Hamill

Price paid for him and return given.... **** all.