Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Potential of this Leicester City team.

Technically, this team is the best we have ever had. 2015/2016 team had three world class players. The others were all good players and some very good players. This team has a star in each position. Our business over the summer has further enhanced the squad. 

The funny thing is, I think this team plays right into the hands of the 15/16 team. Possession football allowing the other side to sit back. It would be an interesting game.

It's getting to the point where I'm thinking"if we've got a chance of the league, maybe we should play the kids in the EL. Should we try for the FA Cup? " 

Chances are we won't win any of them. It's better than worrying about relegation though. 

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's getting to the point where I'm thinking"if we've got a chance of the league, maybe we should play the kids in the EL. Should we try for the FA Cup? " 

Chances are we won't win any of them. It's better than worrying about relegation though. 

I think recent weeks have demonstrated that we have real squad depth now and competition for every position.

Rotate sensibly when everyone is available and let's go for all 3!

Even without Vardy, we've been excellent in Europe, all be against weaker opposition. 

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sometimes rotten things happen in football, just like life, but sometimes they can lead to a more successful path and, with time that passes, can be put into better context.

Relegation to Division Three.

Losing in such fashion in the Watford play off - which was not as bad as dropping into Division Three.

Missing out of the Champions League last season - which was not as bad as either of the above.

That fifth placed finish may - and I stress may - end up being a blessing in disguise with our longer term progress. Time will tell.

We could have almost been out off the Champions League and mid table in the league, with our injury list, and need to rotate less..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Can’t decide what’s more exciting ...

KS

WF  JE  CS

RP                  TC

WN  YT

JM              HB

JV

or 

KS

WF  CS

RP                  TC

WN  YT

CU     JM    HB

JV

Both would bang

Both perfection for different situations. Bottom one for me should be the best though, top one more specifically for tougher games vs teams who attack and don’t sit deep.

Bottom one vs all the teams that we know we are better than.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2020 at 00:22, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Sometimes rotten things happen in football, just like life, but sometimes they can lead to a more successful path and, with time that passes, can be put into better context.

Relegation to Division Three.

Losing in such fashion in the Watford play off - which was not as bad as dropping into Division Three.

Missing out of the Champions League last season - which was not as bad as either of the above.

That fifth placed finish may - and I stress may - end up being a blessing in disguise with our longer term progress. Time will tell.

I prefer to say our lowest ever finish was 1st in League One, rather than refer to it as Division Three :scarf:

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Both perfection for different situations. Bottom one for me should be the best though, top one more specifically for tougher games vs teams who attack and don’t sit deep.

Bottom one vs all the teams that we know we are better than.

That list keeps getting bigger. It's probably more apt to say bottom one for teams who think they are better than us (diminishing I suspect)