Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Potential of this Leicester City team.

Early doors against two crap teams. Man City is a big test, though Aguero is out and they haven't replaced Sane so it's not as intimidating as before.

Still think we'll lose but if we can get on the score sheet and not let our heads drop. That's what killed us last year. The double whammy of Man City/ Liverpool. You could just see them mentally crumble afterwards when, really, getting beaten by two record setting teams and the best performers in a decade is just one of those things.

Hopefully the lads know they have to move on from bad days. 

• Like 1

I know last season's ending hurt, but you do have try and rationalise it. Finishing 5th in this league is remarkable. The Premier League has a genuine top ten now - Manchester United and City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, us, Wolves, Everton and Leeds will all have European aspirations and that's not even counting teams like Villa who have splashed the cash. To finish in the European spots is the sign of a really, really good team capable of going toe to toe with anyone in Europe.

It's still a young team and recruitment remains sharp. You have to be positive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, murphy said:

I would argue that we can only compete toward the top end and grow by selling players.  At least on our own terms.  We didn't want to sell Kante or Mahrez but can you say that we miss Maguire?  Or Chilwell?

Castagne already looks like an improvement on Chilwell and his fee will allow us to bring in Under or possibly Fofana too.  As long as we invest it wisely we improve.  It works.

I guess I wasn’t talking about specific players, but the basic premise that you have to move away from Leicester to be a team that challenges for trophies and/or qualifies for Europe. That’s what might be in the minds of players like Maddison, N’didi, Ricardo and Soyuncu as we move forwards.

We have to prove consistently that isn’t the case. Otherwise losing the best players will become inevitable and the premise that they have to move for success will become a self fulfilling prophecy. 

• Thanks 1

Yes its early days but I was so pleased for the team looking at a mental perspective. They seem confident, a bit of swagger, happy and smiling. To turn that around in a short time is great. They looked a different team to the one post lockdown. There has clearly been an immense amount of work done behind the scenes and the disappointment has been a massive learning curve for them. Well done lads! They are a young team on a journey and have been amazing so far. This is a team that won't want to lose out on cup finals again and places in the league again. If they can keep the belief in their own ability despite some inevitable bumps in the round I think the future looks very bright. 

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What on earth have Leeds done to join that group of teams? 
They look awful at the back, and although they’ve scored a few they will still be closer to the bottom 3 this season than the top 6 if they don’t get a new keeper and a couple of decent defenders.

What you on about? Leeds are the best team in the world right now.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Webbo said:

3 weeks ago some were saying we were relegation candidates    lol

lol. That was never gonna happen was it.

To be fair though the signing of Timmy looks to have transformed this team, we now have someone gambling into the box and making runs to drag the opposition players away from the ball. Barnes without Chilwell looks fantastic too, combine them both and I can see why we're doing great.

We've not relied totally on Vardy either so far, which was my main concern this summer.

Regarding this thread, lets not forget someone made one about 10 months ago saying this team was better than the 15/16 title winning one, then we won about 6 in 24 after the thread was startedlol

5 hours ago, Charl91 said:

On the other hand, you only have to have a look at Kepa to see how easy it is to buy a dud Keeper!

At least Kasper is a safe pair of hands.

I cant fault his shot stopping ability. But then every GK is a good shot stopper, that is why they play there. Kasper is very average on crosses and his distribution as I mentioned in my previous post in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, trabuch said:

I do sometimes feel like I'm in an abusive relationship with this club. But when it all works it's wonderful, and I'll never leave.

This club is always at the door with some flowers, an apology, and a pair of sunglasses ro wear in public  What more do you need in a relationship?

• Haha 2

Hate to bump my post up on last week about the potential off this team...was I too soon after a routine Burnley win?

Now can we start getting a semi? Utterly fantastic.

Lets put this into words, we went to the Ethiad and won 5-2 away at the favourites(before the game) team for the Prem.

We did it without Maddison From the start, Ndidi and Ricardo who are arguably 3 of our top 5 players.

We also have Under, Gray, Hamza, Albrighton, Perez and Nacho only for few minutes in reserve.

Ok they arnt super strong players, but there our squad players yet there’s still quality in there for sure.

The potential of this team is the best I’ve ever seen.

There was a post last season comparing 19/20 to the 15/16 team and I disagreed strongly. Now it’s way to soon to compare, but for me this team is better than 19/20. Tielemens and Praet are becoming men in their prime, Vardy is getting more intelligent all the time, Castange is a massive upgrade on Chillwell and Barnes is only going to get better.

If Ricardo comes back as good as he was, our back 4 will be imo up alongside Liverpool’s as the best in the league!

Just incredible. Feet are remaining firmly on the floor but my god we have some potential.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 28/09/2020 at 07:25, Kevin Russell said:

This side has huge potential, but I think we’ll ultimately struggle due to fixture congestion/squad depth.

I think our fringe players have created Rodgers a nice big headache.

We will get key players back fresh for the season ahead and knowing they have to perform.

What a time to be a Leicester supporter.

• Like 1