Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

Potential of this Leicester City team.

Wow that was very impressive. We looked like we could score at any minute!

The pace and movement we have is frightening and we still have Evans, Ricardo to come back, Forfana potentially signing and Under to show what he can do. So much for us not spending or signing!

Castange looks an unbelievable player. Ok let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, we’ve had 2 of the easiest games on paper so far but we’ve won them both relativity convincingly and we can go into Man City almost as a free hit.

Barnes is becoming a top player, he’s only going to get better. Vardy although he didn’t score looked like he’s improving his link play and his touch was top class.

Tielemens has always been the one with unbelievable ability and his passing always has potential to open teams up but I’ve noticed he’s a lot more mobile and fit and looked an all round top player the last 2 games.

Praet has probably been our man if the season so far, absolutely fantastic. Must admit I didn’t know he had these levels in him but he’s so much better as an attacker and making Kate runs, he’s not as good as a deep lying playmaker. This role is suiting him a treat.

Mendy has been a lot better than I expected too. I’ve never been his biggest fan but he’s done a decent job and even though Ndidi should come in and Evans back where Ndidi is. He’s proven he can step up when needed and his attitude and work rate is terrific.

Back 4 not much to be said Soyuncu class, Evans to come back, Ndidi can fill in and Forfana will add depth and youth. Castange great signing, Ricardo to come back, Justin whilst poor defending at times is a good enough player for back up when Riccy is back. Will be interesting how Castange is at Lb though.

Never really make new threads but felt this was needed as this squad looks really opposite to what most people seemed to think pre West Brom.

We have lots of options, a decent sized squad full of quality. A good mix of youth and experience and some real top quality players in there.

Fantastic time to be a Leicester fan. Brand new training ground, new stand and stadium expansion on the horizon and people doubting our owners won’t like this but - the best owners, best staff and certainly the most incredible scouts in football. Our eyes for a signing Is just outrageous.

Bring on Man City!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Think after last season we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. One game at a time and all that jazz. Happy to see us winning again though 

I agree and I’m not one for knee jerk reactions, but that was more than a fluke win, we played absolutely incredible and it felt like we could get even better!

We have lots of players in our squad who can come back, Evans and especially Riccy are 2 of our best players, Under is youthful and potential and great business to give the option of loan incase he isn’t our cup of tea. Forfana looks a brilliant defender, will give depth and at his age will get better.

Maddison has barely played even in these 2 wins - both coming on at 3-1 and 2-0 respectively and is probably our most creative player!

Ndidi has been out of position and we havnt even mentioned Gray, Ianacho and Hamza Who for me all offer something. We have a great group and as good as anything the league has to offer bar the top 2 imo.

Watching Utd yesterday, are we really that far off them?

Watching arsenal scrape past West Ham, are we really that far off them?

Not getting ahead of ourselves, but there’s more behind this than knee jerk. We have a lot of quality in this squad, it was a joy to watch us today and In my opinion, more convincing than in most our 8 game winning run last year!

Edited by deanolegend1989

We look like a team that can win some trophies. Perhaps not this season or even next, and perhaps it's just the "smaller" trophies. But this team can play! At our best we are great and even if they won't achieve the same things the 15/16 team did, this is the best LCFC team I've had the pleasure to watch in my lifetime. I just wish we were allowed back in the KP to cheer them all on!

• Like 1

I think we are our own worst critics at times. We are a very good side, although we won't be competing with Man City or Liverpool but we can compete with the rest imo. It was no fluke us finishing fifth last season and had we kept all our players fit, we could have got CL. Barnes will improve from last year and looks really good, Castagne looks like a real good find and everything else is as per the first half of last season. I want to see how we react to a spell of bad form though. That's the acid test imo. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We look like a team that can win some trophies. Perhaps not this season or even next, and perhaps it's just the "smaller" trophies. But this team can play! At our best we are great and even if they won't achieve the same things the 15/16 team did, this is the best LCFC team I've had the pleasure to watch in my lifetime. I just wish we were allowed back in the KP to cheer them all on!

Great post, I agree. Europa League we have a genuine chance to go super deep with this quality we have.

Winning a trophy is a possibly and really could push us onto the next level. We don’t want to be that club who won a miracle league, we want to back it up with other trophy’s and European campaigns. With this squad, it’s early days,  but there’s some real quality and more depth than most give us credit for.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

The pace and movement we have is frightening and we still have Evans, Ricardo to come back, Forfana potentially signing and Under to show what he can do. So much for us not spending or signing!

Castange looks an unbelievable player. Ok let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves, we’ve had 2 of the easiest games on paper so far but we’ve won them both relativity convincingly and we can go into Man City almost as a free hit.

Barnes is becoming a top player, he’s only going to get better. Vardy although he didn’t score looked like he’s improving his link play and his touch was top class.

Tielemens has always been the one with unbelievable ability and his passing always has potential to open teams up but I’ve noticed he’s a lot more mobile and fit and looked an all round top player the last 2 games.

Praet has probably been our man if the season so far, absolutely fantastic. Must admit I didn’t know he had these levels in him but he’s so much better as an attacker and making Kate runs, he’s not as good as a deep lying playmaker. This role is suiting him a treat.

Mendy has been a lot better than I expected too. I’ve never been his biggest fan but he’s done a decent job and even though Ndidi should come in and Evans back where Ndidi is. He’s proven he can step up when needed and his attitude and work rate is terrific.

Back 4 not much to be said Soyuncu class, Evans to come back, Ndidi can fill in and Forfana will add depth and youth. Castange great signing, Ricardo to come back, Justin whilst poor defending at times is a good enough player for back up when Riccy is back. Will be interesting how Castange is at Lb though.

Never really make new threads but felt this was needed as this squad looks really opposite to what most people seemed to think pre West Brom.

We have lots of options, a decent sized squad full of quality. A good mix of youth and experience and some real top quality players in there.

Fantastic time to be a Leicester fan. Brand new training ground, new stand and stadium expansion on the horizon and people doubting our owners won’t like this but - the best owners, best staff and certainly the most incredible scouts in football. Our eyes for a signing Is just outrageous.

Bring on Man City!

Calm down!!! We could have conceded 6

4 minutes ago, shailen said:

I think we are our own worst critics at times. We are a very good side, although we won't be competing with Man City or Liverpool but we can compete with the rest imo. It was no fluke us finishing fifth last season and had we kept all our players fit, we could have got CL. Barnes will improve from last year and looks really good, Castagne looks like a real good find and everything else is as per the first half of last season. I want to see how we react to a spell of bad form though. That's the acid test imo. 

I agree our fans are sometimes our worst Critics.

We reacted from a terrible 2020 really well by getting 6 points on the board to settle us into this season. It will be interesting how we do at the Ethiad next week but we were fantastic today, not been so positive about us since we slammed Southampton by 9.

• Like 1

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

I promised myself I’d never get carried away again after the end of last season - 2 games in and this team has me hooked again...

In all honesty, it’ll be v difficult for us this year with the top 6 and Everton all looking stronger, but we have a really great crop of players - buckle up boys!!

That would be us then.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Bring on Man City!

I swear I was arguing with you In the close season and you were saying Rodgers should go and we were shit.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Calm down!!! We could have conceded 6

We conceded an early goal . Last season we would barely create a thing from then on.

We came back and looked a constant threat.

We got back into the game and controlled the game completely up until 3-1. Absolutely in control.

Then when they made it 3-2 we looked nervous and defended like a bunch of idiots but it was more sloppiness and naivety. Evans would have calmed it down, Ndidi playing out of position didn’t help for the Wood chance, Justin isn’t the best defensively and Mendy was on his feet by then.

The overall picture is a lot better on that performance than the fact we turned off and got a bit complacent near the end!

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I swear I was arguing with you In the close season and you were saying Rodgers should go and we were shit.

No not with me. We argued last season in the run in that I thought we threw CL away and 5th was poor and you thought I was getting above myself for expecting us to be top 4.

Never once wanted Rodgers gone and barely spoke in the close season, although I believe he made some bad subs last season(Bournemouth) and poor set up vs Brighton.

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

No not with me. We argued last season in the run in that I thought we threw CL away and 5th was poor and you thought I was getting above myself for expecting us to be top 4.

Never once wanted Rodgers gone and barely spoke in the close season, although I believe he made some bad subs last season(Bournemouth) and poor set up vs Brighton.

Fair enough, wrong man.

I apologise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I agree our fans are sometimes our worst Critics.

We reacted from a terrible 2020 really well by getting 6 points on the board to settle us into this season. It will be interesting how we do at the Ethiad next week but we were fantastic today, not been so positive about us since we slammed Southampton by 9.

It's never a good time to play Man City, but I reckon it's as good a chance as we'll get to beat them. We are on the up and they'll just be getting into their stride and we should have Evans back for next week. The scoreline today probably flattered Burnley if anything which says a lot. 

• Like 1