Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

The Conspiracy Chart

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

The problem is Col, they are all entirely convinced that it is them that is doing the research and anyone who thinks otherwise only gets their information from CNN or the BBC. 

You try and engage with any of them and you can pull them apart in a minute, but they just call you the 77th and block you. 

This is absolutely right and we've seen this very behaviour on the coronavirus thread amongst others. They seem to suppose that because previous or current governments have lied, conspired or deceived (see the bottom of the chart), that this then affords licence to entertain, or legitimacy to, any random conspiracy theory of their arbitrary choice or devising. They don't trust government and MSM (not that one necessarily should), but at the same time uncritically lap up and regurgitate any conspiratorial horseshit batted about the vacuous echo-chamber of social media. Because of course conspiracy theory in comparison is entirely accurate, honest, reliable, objective not in any way deceptive entirely free of agenda and has their best interests at heart. Ok then.

"Do your research" is the common rebuke whenever they are challenged.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Do_your_own_research

By "research", they simply mean overnight self-proclaimed armchair 'expertise' following a squandered evening gorging themselves on junk You Tube videos, cherry picked clickbait confirmation bias, quote mining, false equivalence and circular self-referencing pseudoscientific conspiracy websites.

Genuine 'expertise' and science is generally held in contempt by these book burners and regarded as propaganda and conditioning by the so called 'elite' or the mysterious "they". 

The popularity of this garbage and the post-truth era, owes much to internet access which grants a voice to those with nothing worthwhile to say, the massive failings of the educational system in the US where much of this originates, increased polarisation, rampant populism, subjectivity over objectivity/genuine critical thinking and gross narcissism breeding illusory superiority and the Dunning Kruger effect on a massive scale. 

• Like 3

COVID made in a lab is not too far out there.
The moon landings could well have been faked.

Having watched various documentaries about JFK I 

always thought it was most likely a revenge killing by

the Mafia.

I really don’t believe that Epstein killed himself.

The Finland not existing one fascinated me for about an hour of one evening and then I realised there is satellite photography and people who definitely live in Finland or were born there, including Jari Rantonen, Jussi Jaskelaainen and our very own The Mighty Fin and Finnaldo.

Are they the lot who bury dead sharks for a bit (wouldn't want to try with a live one would you? Have your bloody head off) and wait for it to rot or whatever and then eat it as a delicacy?

Maybe we should acknowledge that Finland DOES exist, but that it SHOULDN'T exist. 

Just now, The People's Hero said:

The Finland not existing one fascinated me for about an hour of one evening and then I realised there is satellite photography and people who definitely live in Finland or were born there, including Jari Rantonen, Jussi Jaskelaainen and our very own The Mighty Fin and Finnaldo.

Are they the lot who bury dead sharks for a bit (wouldn't want to try with a live one would you? Have your bloody head off) and wait for it to rot or whatever and then eat it as a delicacy?

Maybe we should acknowledge that Finland DOES exist, but that it SHOULDN'T exist. 

I have no idea what this "Finland doesn't exist" one is, but I definitely went into a country on my travels that called itself Finland, and was fill of Finnish people. That's good enough for me. 

25 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

My son is autistic and he's an absolute hero so all this talk of vaccines causing autism as if vaccines are evil and autism is bad can do one, in my view.

I mean its stupid anyway, but what's so wrong with autism; its just a different way of thinking about and seeing the world.

If you think otherwise then we can no longer be friends. (we were friends... right??)

You're absolutely spot on. Even if it was 100% proven that vaccines could cause Autism... I would still vaccinate my child. Having an autistic child is absolutely nothing in comparison to having a dead child.

Just engaging with a Qanon weirdo on twitter. Apparently something is coming that will shake me to the core and that I shouldn't be afraid. I asked what that was, or when it was happening and apparently "what if the change is only perceptible to you and thus you can not be led or shown, it is solely your consciousness and truth that must be ultimately awakened". :wes:

A lot of Q is basically like astrology, put out a load of stuff that can be interpreted a 1000 ways and let the idiots try and link anything and everything to prove said stuff. Because they want to believe. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You're absolutely spot on. Even if it was 100% proven that vaccines could cause Autism... I would still vaccinate my child. Having an autistic child is absolutely nothing in comparison to having a dead child.

My son is absolutely fascinating and very insightful. He's hugely intelligent and knowledgeable and interested in things. The social side, he finds more difficult, but I wouldn't even class it as a disability or a 'condition' its just a different way for the brain to work and the connections to work.

He might struggle to read a room or know exactly how 'best' to read emotions or react in a certain situation, but if there's an eight year old out there who knows more about dinosaurs, mythology (of any culture/era), mathematics, lobsters (!), chess or has the passion for learning he does, but does is not on the spectrum as they say; I'd be very surprised.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I have no idea what this "Finland doesn't exist" one is, but I definitely went into a country on my travels that called itself Finland, and was fill of Finnish people. That's good enough for me. 

It was entirely 'satire' and a few people ran with it and continue to do so... its a bit of a social/thought experiment to see how conspiracy theories can be launched and created and curated and indeed this one does seem to have taken on a bit of a life and momentum of its own.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Just engaging with a Qanon weirdo on twitter. Apparently something is coming that will shake me to the core and that I shouldn't be afraid. I asked what that was, or when it was happening and apparently "what if the change is only perceptible to you and thus you can not be led or shown, it is solely your consciousness and truth that must be ultimately awakened". :wes:

A lot of Q is basically like astrology, put out a load of stuff that can be interpreted a 1000 ways and let the idiots try and link anything and everything to prove said stuff. Because they want to believe. 

I've always found it most amusing that the fools that declare themselves to be 'awake' likely slept through science classes. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I've always found it most amusing that the fools that declare themselves to be 'awake' likely slept through science classes. 

Isn't it 'woke'? Or am I behind on all this millennial stuff.

Balls. Just checked and technically I'm a millennial.

Richard Osman said it better than I could. 

"Refusing to believe anything you're told, doesn't make you cleverer than the rest of us. Recognising the times when you are actually being told the truth is a crucial skill." 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

While some things aren't always black and white, it really bothers me the kind of properly mental things that full-on conspiracy theorists do believe in. I work with one, she doesn't believe anything on the proper news, obviously paid zero attention in physics or biology at school but will happily take any bullshit she's read on Facebook or that infowars bollocks as gospel

Things she believes:

- ghosts

- COVID is a massive hoax

- man never landed on the moon

- dinosaurs never existed

- the royal family may be lizards

- vaccines cause autism

- masks suffocate users

- 9/11 was all a setup

- Bill Gates is trying to destroy the world

- 5G is cooking our insides

I don't understand how someone like that can't ever take a step back and see how utterly ridiculous some of these ideas are. Use logic. While it's fine to question what you are told, why doesn't that apply to what a nutter in a basement has written on their crappy homemade website?

Finland doesn't exist? You can literally go there. You can fly in a plane, and see it from the air, and land there and go there. That actually seems like a worse piss-take than the flat-earth "theory".

Is she david ickes daughter? 

Hope at christmas for a laugh you bought her fruitcake, nuts and crackers

23 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Is she david ickes daughter? 

Hope at christmas for a laugh you bought her fruitcake, nuts and crackers

No but she kicked up a big stink when Leicester City Council cancelled his gig at DMH, saying he was being censored as he knows too much. Nothing to do with anti-Semitism or spreading of ridiculous bullshit

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Really? How?

The same as they make any other pretend footage.

I’m not saying they were faked I’m saying they could have been.

It just seems strange that if we had the technology to land a manned 

craft on another planet 50yrs ago, why haven’t we done it more recently.

9 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

The same as they make any other pretend footage.

I’m not saying they were faked I’m saying they could have been.

It just seems strange that if we had the technology to land a manned 

craft on another planet 50yrs ago, why haven’t we done it more recently.

I suspect it may have to do with a struggle to justify the costs of a programme involving 400,000 personnel when the novelty has warn off. That and that there's sod all there apart from moon rock and we've got some of that now.

Seen one moon landing, seen them etc

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I suspect it may have to do with a struggle to justify the costs of a programme involving 400,000 personnel when the novelty has warn off. That and that there's sod all there apart from moon rock and we've got some of that now.

Seen one moon landing, seen them etc

That’s what they want you to think.:whistle: