Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Facecloth

The Conspiracy Chart

Where's "McCartney is dead"? He died in 1966 and was replaced by a doppelgänger, you know?

TBH, outside of the really obviously nasty ones in the top section, I'm convinced most of these groups are comprised of the mentally unstable, or sad, lonely individuals and / or total social outcasts who I think just want to feel like they belong to some sort of community. 

Do people actually think that the Earth is fvcking flat? 

Edited by RoboFox

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

And based upon what I've read in the Covid thread, I'd have a few sectioned. 

Anyway, which are? Particularly interested to hear the orange and red region.

I like the theories on the moon landing being faked. I do think that there is a deeper state than what we are presented. And obviously jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Where do you fall on this chart? I reckon I'm in around green and blue, and I've looked up a few in pink, but don't buy into them.

I agree about Finland though :ph34r:

FB_IMG_1610967284111.thumb.jpg.89734f578147a8a4e2f151557cb68ff6.jpg

I’m in blue

No way was JFK assassinated by Oswald

Diana and the car crash always seemed iffy

I’m sure there’s an Area 51?
And I’ve always felt there’s got to be other civilizations in the universe

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

/I like the theories on the moon landing being faked. I do think that there is a deeper state than what we are presented. And obviously jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams.

The first is based upon poorly understood science, general ignorance of the Apollo programme and deception on behalf of the moon landing denialists. The second is an almost limitless rabbit hole of speculation that can rapidly propel the unwary from the foot of the chart to the red zone at the top. Finally the entire 'jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams' argument is predicated upon a false premise on behalf of the so called 9/11 'truthers' and the deception perpetrated by the latter, since no one actually ever at any stage claimed that it had. 

Edited by Line-X

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

The first is based upon poorly understood science, general ignorance and deception on behalf of the moon landing denialists. The second is an almost limitless rabbit hole of speculation that can rapidly propel the unwary from the foot of the chart to the red zone at the top. Finally the entire 'jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams' argument is predicated upon a false premise on behalf of the so called 9/11 'truthers' and the gross ignorance of the latter, since no one actually ever at any stage claimed that it had. 

lol

I just really enjoy reading them, I know certain elements are absolute bullshit and I certainly don’t preach any of them as fact. Some of the bits in each do seem to have merit. It’s amazing how much effort people go to in these theories though. I’m a bit of a sucker for them.

Even a glancing acquaintance with human nature should be enough to prove that conspiracy theories are highly unlikely, to put it mildly. 

Good for a laugh, maybe. But as recent events in America demonstrate so vividly, there's a real downside to believing in dream worlds. It seems that the Internet develops stupidity rather than intelligence.

Maybe that's the idea behind it.

Oh, hang on a minute...

4 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I generally zone out when someone mentions conspiracy theories.

"Yeah but the American government did such and such..."

Yawn.

Am I a bad person for not giving a shiit about any of these conspiracies?

All depends on the possible implications I guess

The killing of JFK and the appointment of Lyndon Johnson effectively heralded the Vietnam War.

Edited by Col city fan

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I generally zone out when someone mentions conspiracy theories.

"Yeah but the American government did such and such..."

Yawn.

Am I a bad person for not giving a shiit about any of these conspiracies?

Depends on the conspiracy and how much being a "good person" involves valuing the future, really.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

And based upon what I've read in the Covid thread, I'd have a few sectioned. 

Anyway, which are? Particularly interested to hear the orange and red region.

But you do know for sure about the ones that you listed? 

If we knew for sure then it wouldn't be a conspiracy?

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm intrigued by what half of these conspiracy theories are all about. If Finland doesnt exist and I went there about 15 years ago then where the hell was I?? lol

Sweden or Estonia lol

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

If we knew for sure then it wouldn't be a conspiracy?

Yes it would. It would no longer be a theory in terms of speculation.

You said "the rest I dunno" - implying that you do know about the others?

There's slight circumstantial evidence around nearly all conspiracy theories, it's how they start and people who have a mindset of wanting to believe this stuff propagate it and it gains traction. I remember when it was the moon landings or Diana, stuff that had a ring of truth and was really interesting but it's become like a form of religion now where every theory must be true because the deep state want all the sheeple to be compliant. Weird and worrying in equal measure. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

But that's what most of them do purposely, take an actual fact or two (barely related) to give it a medium of creditability, and then weave a web of bullshit around it

Oh yeah, absolutely they do. There are lots on that list that I’ve heard a fact about been genuinely interested and then before you know it they’re saying “so that means lizard people rule the world” and your like hang on how did we get here 😆

Just another observation I’ve had with conspiracy theories, particularly far right ones. Social media sites, particularly Twitter and then news papers describe a lot of them as thoroughly debunked or proven not true and they are then suppressed. Whilst I’m sure that is right that they are thoroughly debunked and laughable, does this not feed the fire so to speak?