Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kiwiturk

Team management

Is it time to ask tough and honest questions?

- We are struggling life without a Vardy but never considered Slimani who were always able to find himself a spot on top tier French teams like Monaco and Lyon. Wouldn't he be handy today instead of Perez the torturer?

- How about Gray? It looks like we are on Madders mercy and hoping him to show up day in day out but today proves today we are utterly f.ck when he's not. Wouldn't be nice to have another attacking midfielder to have in our team. Having more options don't hurt teams. Isn't it?

P.S: Sensible and mature comments please. 

No need for rude and smartass comments.

Cheers!!!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

Is it time to ask tough and honest questions?

- We are struggling life without a Vardy but never considered Slimani who were always able to find himself a spot on top tier French teams like Monaco and Lyon. Wouldn't he be handy today instead of Perez the torturer?

- How about Gray? It looks like we are on Madders mercy and hoping him to show up day in day out but today proves today we are utterly f.ck when he's not. Wouldn't be nice to have another attacking midfielder to have in our team. Having more options don't hurt teams. Isn't it?

P.S: Sensible and mature comments please. 

No need for rude and smartass comments.

Cheers!!!

1) Slimani wasn't Brendan's player, Perez is. He's probably on more money than Perez too, and it never really worked for him. Him off the books is a good result for all parties. 

2) I think Maddison is horribly overrated by a lot of our fan base because he's got the ability to score a worldie from time to time, but Gray is potentially the worst player I've seen play for us in the Premier League. Certainly given the amount of games he played for us. 

2 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

1) Slimani wasn't Brendan's player, Perez is. He's probably on more money than Perez too, and it never really worked for him. Him off the books is a good result for all parties. 

2) I think Maddison is horribly overrated by a lot of our fan base because he's got the ability to score a worldie from time to time, but Gray is potentially the worst player I've seen play for us in the Premier League. Certainly given the amount of games he played for us. 

Partially agree but not the Gray part. He wasn't  worst ever. That was one a bit harsh.

Edited by kiwiturk

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We have got another attacking midfielder but he's currently playing up front because we've not got a decent striker.

I think the expiry date on him was came and gone long time ago even Ray Charles would tell you that😂.

Perez, attacking midfielder? Attacking on what?

Edited by kiwiturk

To me,it seems that the evolution of the the squad is excellent.

There are one or two issues.  My guess is the management know this.

Look at all the excellent players we have in the squad.  By my reckoning, we have at least 15 top 6 players in the squad.

Some players don't deliver.  Gray and Slimani have qualities but did not deliver.  They took up wages and squad places.

My glass, on this one, is well above half full.

Some 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, majaco said:

To me,it seems that the evolution of the the squad is excellent.

There are one or two issues.  My guess is the management know this.

Look at all the excellent players we have in the squad.  By my reckoning, we have at least 15 top 6 players in the squad.

Some players don't deliver.  Gray and Slimani have qualities but did not deliver.  They took up wages and squad places.

My glass, on this one, is well above half full.

Some 

Well said.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Strange how so many are writing the lad off even though he hasn't signed.

If it goes through It's a typical Leicester signing If you ask me.

Young with something to prove. The lad wants to get in the England squad.

Premier league and Europa league  experience

Can reach his full potential with a better coach.

Play a number of positions and would provide good cover.

He favours us over any other team.

He'd be a good loan signing in what is an extremely difficult window to get players in.

Good points.

I have my doubts about him but of he signs, I' ll be behind him.

I think we need to keep a proportion of English/British players.  We have made excellent international acquisitions but having a balance is important.

If everyone was fit, he would struggle to make our first team.  So would Justin, Praet, Under and the excellent Soyuncu.

Two players who we use a lot who I don"t see as top 6 quality are Perez and Mendy.  Both are premier League players but seem a bit off the pace of many of our players..  I am wondering if Maitland-Niles could do a better job, more consistently, than Mendy.

5 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

More options mean absolutely nothing if the option is Demarai Gray, he clearly is not good enough for this League, well not for a team that's challenging at the higher ends of the table. 

But he is good enough to go to Bayer Leverkusen. They are top tier German team surely they saw something that some of our Gray useless critics didn't.

I'm not quite sure that Bayer Leverkusen would pick Perez if he will be available tomorrow. What is the bet on it?

Edited by kiwiturk

Both Slimani and Gray were given another opportunity this season, both played appallingly in there cameo. Neither were good enough, neither would have made one bit of difference in a game 

We have a 25 man squad, only 11 can play with a further 9 on the bench - only 3 of which can play.

The three subs we made today were one for an injury and two for changes in formation.

We couldn’t have used someone if had them.

Also players of Maddison’s quality are not going to stay around sitting on a bench and not playing, it’s impossible to have like for like quality and when a player is not playing they are unhappy and want to leave - Gray, once they have made that choice there is no point in keeping them.

The simple fact is the two players you have mentioned in the OP don’t get into a match day squad when everyone is fit.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

But he is good enough to go to Bayer Leverkusen. They are top tier German team surely they saw something that some of our Gray useless critics didn't.

I'm not quite sure that Bayer Leverkusen would pick Perez if he will be available tomorrow. What is the bet on it?

Only time will tell if Gray is good enough to go and play for Bayer Leverkusen- No one is doubting he has good attributes, he just doesn’t appear to have the drive to apply these skills. 
Give me the choice between Perez and Gray and I take Perez every day of the week. 

Edited by Aus Fox

7 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Both Slimani and Gray were given another opportunity this season, both played appallingly in there cameo. Neither were good enough, neither would have made one bit of difference in a game 

We have a 25 man squad, only 11 can play with a further 9 on the bench - only 3 of which can play.

The three subs we made today were one for an injury and two for changes in formation.

We couldn’t have used someone if had them.

Also players of Maddison’s quality are not going to stay around sitting on a bench and not playing, it’s impossible to have like for like quality and when a player is not playing they are unhappy and want to leave - Gray, once they have made that choice there is no point in keeping them.

The simple fact is the two players you have mentioned in the OP don’t get into a match day squad when everyone is fit.

That quality player you mentioned have had an awful start for this season.

The approval rate for him were cruising around %53 beginning of this season.

How about that?

The team needs two players for every position.  We don't really have that.  Goalkeeper is fine, centre backs are fine, fullbacks are fine.  We start having problems when we get into midfield.  Tielemans and Praet are interchangeable, as are Ndidi and Mendy. 

Further up the pitch we start having to put square pegs in round holes.

If Maddison gets injured , who comes in for him? Perez/Barnes/Under are all very different.  If Barnes gets injured, what's the back up? Under? Albrighton sits out, do we ask Ricardo to do a job?

The biggest difficulty is what we do when Vardy misses out.  There is simply nobody that can do what he can do.  We look to Iheanacho and Perez.

Here's the thing though.  Both Iheanacho and Perez are good players.  Both easily capable of scoring lots of goals, but neither do.  Why? Because they either have to change their game to play like Vardy, which they can't, or they play their game to their strengths and the manager has to adapt the team to play to those strengths, which he doesn't.

It isn't about the individuals, it's about the team.  That's why it is difficult to replace Vardy in the short term.  It isn't about bringing a single replacement in and carrying on as you were, we literally need to change at least 3 or 4 players to change the system.

Slightly old fashioned, but a 442 with Perez and Iheanacho up front could do a job.  It probably means Maddison has to make way though.  These are the decisions that Rodgers has to make and he gets paid a fortune to do so.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What are you talking about?

You have to track back very previous posting on this forum. I mean really early ones for the beginning of this season.

Madders was a shocker and his approval rate was around 53% amongst the fans so 47% of the fans really didn't mind if he left.

It is all there. You just have to search for it.

My point is, some of the players receives more chances than others.

How many time we all saw Gray played this season? Only once and not more than 25 minutes and that was it . You suck Gray . How many time Madders have had a shockers beginning of this season? Geez l've lost  the bloody count.

Before we label anyone as useless, we do need to show some consideration and ask have they received adequate chances like the others?

Edited by kiwiturk