Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kiwiturk

Team management

2 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

You have to track back very previous posting on this forum. I mean really early ones for the beginning of this season.

Madders was a shocker and his approval rate was around 53% amongst the fans so 47% of the fans really didn't mind if he left.

It is all there. You just have to search for it.

My point is, some of the players receives more chances than others.

How many time we all saw Gray played this season? Only once and not more than 25 minutes and that was it . You suck Gray . How many time Madders have had a shockers beginning of this season? Geez l've lost  the bloody count.

Before we label anyone as useless, we do need to show some consideration and ask have they received adequate chances like the others?

Gray 10 goals and 9 assists in 133 league games

Maddison 8 goals and 3 assists in 24 games THiS Season!

Maddison and Gray are on completely different levels, they are not even close!

Gray has been given chance after chance after chance under 4 different managers in 5 years at the club and I can think of 1 highlight in that time. 
He has never won us a game like Maddison has and never will, he hasn’t got it in him.

Maddison talks about taking the initiative to speak with coaches and analysts to improve his own game - Gray hasn’t improved since he walked through the door.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

I think the expiry date on him was came and gone long time ago even Ray Charles would tell you that😂.

Perez, attacking midfielder? Attacking on what?

Perez is more of a second striker/attacking midfielder. That's where he played for Newcastle, off of Rondon, and didn't do badly there in worse teams.

BTW, your response, I remind you that you didn't want any smartass comments..

1 hour ago, kiwiturk said:

P.S: Sensible and mature comments please. 

No need for rude and smartass comments.

Cheers!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Gray 10 goals and 9 assists in 133 league games

Maddison 8 goals and 3 assists in 24 games THiS Season!

Maddison and Gray are on completely different levels, they are not even close!

Gray has been given chance after chance after chance under 4 different managers in 5 years at the club and I can think of 1 highlight in that time. 
He has never won us a game like Maddison has and never will, he hasn’t got it in him.

Maddison talks about taking the initiative to speak with coaches and analysts to improve his own game - Gray hasn’t improved since he walked through the door.

Gray has won us a game. He's scored some important goals. He scored the winner away at Cardiff for starters.

He's not the worse players we've had since we got promoted either. And he only cost us £4m, nothing compared to the money we spent on Slimani/Silva/Musa who all contributed less than what Gray has.

Dunno why people are comparing Gray and Maddison though, totally different positions for one.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

It is not about giving countless chances or make comparisons.

Specsavers moment mate. Read it again. It is all about having more alternatives. Clearly having Gray on the bench instead of Hamza would be more beneficial today

Gray didn't want to be here and was actively looking to leave. Not a lot we can do about that. Rodgers rightly was refusing to play a player that did not want to be here 

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Perez is more of a second striker/attacking midfielder. That's where he played for Newcastle, off of Rondon, and didn't do badly there in worse teams.

BTW, your response, I remind you that you didn't want any smartass comments..

Fair call. Apologizes

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, kiwiturk said:

But he is good enough to go to Bayer Leverkusen. They are top tier German team surely they saw something that some of our Gray useless critics didn't.

I'm not quite sure that Bayer Leverkusen would pick Perez if he will be available tomorrow. What is the bet on it?

I bet Leverkusen wouldn't sign Perez tomorrow as the transfer window will have closed. 

I didn't intend to make comparisons. Of course Slimani's and Gray's contributions wasn't great but today we could have explore every single options and especially Slimani may be useful today because clearly BR has lost his faith on Nacho.

My comments based on using every resources possible during absence of Vardy. 

Edited by kiwiturk

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Even with Vardy on the pitch we probably would have lost

I agree with the sentiment of your post but not sure about that part really. It would have been a much different game with Vardy playing, he changes the entire dynamic of how a team can and will defend against us. He stretches the pitch, opens up the midfield, gives us room to play in. It's obviously not a guarantee we'd have beaten them but given their defensive frailty and habit of committing, as noted by the first half, I think personally we'd have probably won.

By contrast, Perez drops in towards the midfielders and condenses the space, playing largely in to the hands of a side that want to press like Leeds do. The first time we played them this season our tactical plan was pretty much perfectly executed to counter them, the second time we played them it was perfectly executed to play in to their hands. By far the biggest difference there is the availability of Vardy.

I don't really necessarily blame either Rodgers or the club for that, though, it's just one of those things. You take the best player out of any team and they're going to struggle but particularly one like us with a finite fiscal resource to spend.

It should be extremely evident to anyone right now that we're running on a bit of a shoestring budget at the moment, for the last few seasons we've only really spent what we've recouped in outgoing transfers and we've had a LOT of holes to plug in the dam. Yeah, we desperately needed a winger and a backup striker in the summer, we all knew that, the club didn't fail to deliver on those because they're inept they just had to prioritise - we also need defenders and we signed a couple of very good ones, I don't think anyone can fault Fofana or Castagne as transfers.

The people expecting us or even demanding us to get the cheque book out now aren't from this planet. Look around at the world, the entire planet is suffering financially, we're living through a completely unprecedented pandemic. Almost no club is splurging, with the exception of Chelsea who are owned by a fossil fuel giant, one of the few industries probably booming while the whole world is stuck at home heating their houses 24/7.

The idea that Leicester can magically splurge billions on footballers just because we've got Slimani off the wage bill is absurd on every level. What we're achieving right now with what we've spent is exceptional and given that finishing top-four is probably unnecessary to how we've budgeted and will just be considered a bonus, expecting the club to splash the cash to gamble on it happening when we didn't last year is silly.

All in all, we're a pretty well running club. We might have frustrating moments but, Christ, I'd prefer the frustration we have now to the frustration of watching Iain Hume hit the post about six times in a 0-0 draw at home to Bristol City that saw us pretty much doomed to drop.

• Like 4

Is it time to ask tough and honest questions?

- We are struggling life without a Vardy but never considered Slimani who were always able to find himself a spot on top tier French teams like Monaco and Lyon. Wouldn't he be handy today instead of Perez the torturer?

- How about Gray? It looks like we are on Madders mercy and hoping him to show up day in day out but today proves today we are utterly f.ck when he's not. Wouldn't be nice to have another attacking midfielder to have in our team. Having more options don't hurt teams. Isn't it?

Cheers!!!

It is not about giving countless chances or make comparisons.

Specsavers moment mate. Read it again. It is all about having more alternatives. Clearly having Gray on the bench instead of Hamza would be more beneficial today

I think the expiry date on him was came and gone long time ago even Ray Charles would tell you that😂.

Perez, attacking midfielder? Attacking on what?

You ask for sensible and mature comments and then respond with sarcasm.  The Specsavers and Ray Charles barbs surely qualify as rude and smartass comments too.

Moving on from your hypocrisy, personally, I think your post is silly.  It kind of suggests we should never get rid of players.  There is a limit of 25 players in a squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Gray has won us a game. He's scored some important goals. He scored the winner away at Cardiff for starters.

He's not the worse players we've had since we got promoted either. And he only cost us £4m, nothing compared to the money we spent on Slimani/Silva/Musa who all contributed less than what Gray has.

Dunno why people are comparing Gray and Maddison though, totally different positions for one.

I hadn’t said he was the worst player, just he is not even close to the level of Maddison who the poster was trying to say Gray should be playing ahead of.

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I hadn’t said he was the worst player, just he is not even close to the level of Maddison who the poster was trying to say Gray should be playing ahead of.

TBF to them it was me that said Gray is the worst player since we left. 

Slimani/Musa/Silva may have cost more but doesnt mean they're better players :scarf:

Edited by daddylonglegs
  • Like 1

Is this suggesting if we'd kept Slimani and Gray we would have beaten Leeds?  Doubt it very much.  Getting rid of Slimani and Gray in Jan is imo very good business 

We have Nacho and Perez as backup for Vardy, keeping Slim and Gray makes no sense

Both wanted first team football.. Rodgers can't guarantee that so let them move on.. which free's up wages to get someone else in.

I find Maddison a complex character and he isn't a player that just slots in to the team easily therefore I can't see a like for like replacement in the transfer market. 

His role seems to have changed this season compared to last. He plays a much more attacking role as where in the past he was heavily involved in defensive duties. We play Albrighton to counteract this I believe...

Don't get me wrong, Maddison brings a lot to the team under the right circumstances but there are also times where he's a complete liability and I'm not just talking about his set pieces. He also has a knack of not moving the ball quickly enough and he can make the wheels come off a move when the ball is played through him. 

I think Rodgers gives him a lot less hassle when things go wrong as he knows he's the type of player that needs to take risks to succeed. 

We all know the team is set up to use Vardy's strengths that it has become almost automatic!  Against Leeds I saw Maddison get his head up looking for the runs of Vardy as if it was natural, then he saw Perez coming towards him rather than running into space, it seemed to confuse Maddison! The problem for me is Maddison and Perez like to find the little pockets of space in between the lines, I'm not saying they can't play together, but it is too easy for the opposition, they know they don't have to worry about the pace and cleverness of Vardy. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Is it time to ask tough and honest questions?

- We are struggling life without a Vardy but never considered Slimani who were always able to find himself a spot on top tier French teams like Monaco and Lyon. Wouldn't he be handy today instead of Perez the torturer?

- How about Gray? It looks like we are on Madders mercy and hoping him to show up day in day out but today proves today we are utterly f.ck when he's not. Wouldn't be nice to have another attacking midfielder to have in our team. Having more options don't hurt teams. Isn't it?

Cheers!!!

After the first loss in what was it, 7 games? No.

• Like 1

Guest Hansifüx

the last two games were bad.... and showed that BR has no plan B.  I have some doubts that he actually knows his players. Mendy is good but can't replace N'Didi. Castagne is inconsistent. Perez plays every match as if it is his first match in the PL for Leicester.  Albrighton is a fullback (or at least plays like one) and is not a winger. JJ is more of a winger than a fullback (but plays fullback or CB). Maddison is a genius with occasional bad days. Maddison and Youri need quick players who can run behind the defence line to be most efficient. Noone is able to do the pressing that Vardy does, without Vardy the other teams play higher up the pitch. Barnes is a lethal goal scorer and provides runs behind the last line  but he is absent in games for larger periods of times and reasons are unclear to me.  With Under there is an other speedster who connects well with Maddison which BR is not using even in the absence of Vardy.  ... 

Edited by Hansifüx

14 hours ago, jmono84 said:

That was one of the worst performances from Maddison in a Leicester shirt I think but he’s still miles ahead of gray. A couple more like that in a row and I might change my mind 🤪

Disagree...He helped to create space & some chances, & not all his runs come off..but if we had converted from those openings..??

Maddison IMO, started well, faded, then had some moments...Yes ended an avg game,but not a bad performance...

We lose...we over analyse performances & put 3-5 players in the stocks...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

It’s irrelevant now, neither of them are here. 

Slimani was a different type of striker and it just didn’t work for him. It’s worth bearing in mind that at Monaco he played in a two with Ben Yedder I believe. He’d create space. 

Gray wasn’t a striker and for all of his ability, offered less than Under. If either had been here for the Leeds game, they wouldn’t have made the starting XI, or the bench. 

Nothing wrong with the way the team is managed. There’s the fact we’re 4th with the problems we’ve endured is exceptional. I was genuinely annoyed when we lost to Leeds because we are head and shoulders above that club both on and off the pitch, and to play like we did is disheartening. 

We have patches of great games, and then the occasional stinker, which is inevitable but when we’re poor we’re ****ing dreadful.

The only frustrating thing at the moment is the fact Perez is getting game time as a 9 despite proving he is utterly ineffective. We will, be okay, but unfortunately our injury problems may hinder our targets for this season. The second half will be really tough, considering the competitions were still in. 

Once Covid is gone and we can get fans back in the ground and some normality can resume, we should be able to really kick on. 

I feel like Slimani was EXACTLY the sort of alternative striker we need. But, unfortunately, he was shite.

I really wanted him to come good, but it was obvious he was nowhere near the standard required in the Premier League. One of the rare occasions of our recruitment team getting it wrong - both ability wise and personality wise, it seems.