Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

For me its starting to get selfish from Neil, hes had a great management career over forty years but time to step aside and let some of the youngers guys come in and have a go. Best thing for Warnock to do is either retire or maybe take up a director of football to help support and advice a new upcoming manager.

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

For me its starting to get selfish from Neil, hes had a great management career over forty years but time to step aside and let some of the youngers guys come in and have a go. Best thing for Warnock to do is either retire or maybe take up a director of football to help support and advice a new upcoming manager.

He can’t be wired right to want to keep working at that age…

It seems like a pretty all-consuming job, he’s a millionaire and he takes these gigs miles away from his family home. Same with Hodgson.

I get it’s a passion but just go and live the last part of your life enjoying the money you’ve made from the game!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Hodgson's replacement in April?

• Like 1

On 28/01/2022 at 15:06, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah there’s a bit of an obsession with experience in football.

Let’s get Roy Hodsgon back. Yeah… Neil Warnock, a lifetime of experience. But half of that was before the offside rule in the days when they used tape as a crossbar. How good is he still at relating to players who are young enough to be his great-grandsons? 

I get the value of a manager who knows what he’s doing rather than a 34-year-old starting out on Day 1, but surely the value of experience is eventually overcome by the weakness of senility? 

I know this sounds a little ageist but I really can’t understand why dragging on with these guys in their mid 70s, or having a president in term into his 80s, makes absolutely any sense. 

I’d be extremely underwhelmed to be a Watford fan and see Hodgson toddle in.

Luckily it won’t be for long. (Because they’ll sack him, not because he’ll die soon)

Getting Colin in when you are mid-table is pointless. If you are well adrift or in a serious battle to stay up, or behind the play-off teams and need a burst of something new, I get it more. Bristol City aren't likely to do anything at either end of the league so stick with Nige or go for someone fresh and long term.

• Like 2