Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

Two sides to every story, however even if the tactics and training stuff is true, you can see why Pearson struggled in the Premier League. The story sort of fits in with how Cambiasso, Huth etc apparently tweaked thinks to get us to survive.

Pearson was the right person, at the right time to trim that squad. He wasn’t the person to move that squad forward and still isn’t to this day. This is largely why it hasn’t worked for him elsewhere. 

The Thailand incident was the ammunition the club needed to remove him from what I was informed at the time. No indication why they recruited him for OHL though. That still seems a bizarre turn of events. 

Mills was highly rated as a player when we purchased him, and was an old school centre back. He’s everything we wanted in terms of physicality, it just didn’t happen. Morgan was just on another level though and basically what we thought we would get with Matt Mills, at a fraction of the price. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Two sides to every story, however even if the tactics and training stuff is true, you can see why Pearson struggled in the Premier League. The story sort of fits in with how Cambiasso, Huth etc apparently tweaked thinks to get us to survive.

Pearson was the right person, at the right time to trim that squad. He wasn’t the person to move that squad forward and still isn’t to this day. This is largely why it hasn’t worked for him elsewhere. 

The Thailand incident was the ammunition the club needed to remove him from what I was informed at the time. No indication why they recruited him for OHL though. That still seems a bizarre turn of events. 

Mills was highly rated as a player when we purchased him, and was an old school centre back. He’s everything we wanted in terms of physicality, it just didn’t happen. Morgan was just on another level though and basically what we thought we would get with Matt Mills, at a fraction of the price. 

You mean that made up story lol

Pearson turned us around, we wouldn't even be in the PL without him let alone actually win it.

• Like 2

Mills was crap, no question about that. But Pearson is really a weird guy. Just because you don't rate a player doesn't mean you can bully or mistreat them. Mills isn't the first player to say how odd Pearson was.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Mills was crap, no question about that. But Pearson is really a weird guy. Just because you don't rate a player doesn't mean you can bully or mistreat them. Mills isn't the first player to say how odd Pearson was.. 

I've heard another episode where they ended up discussing Matt Mills for whatever reason (not the Ben Marshall episode) and an opposition player didn't speak fondly of Mills.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

On 15/12/2021 at 20:20, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Who were the other players Jimmy Bullard, Neil Danns, Jermaine Beckford? 

Kasper Schmeichel always speaks very highly of Pearson. Jamie Vardy was ready to walk away from us after one season until Pearson intervened. Henry Winter has had very good interviews with him on several occasions. @UpTheLeagueFox always mentions how NP takes time to pop over to say hello & has a chat whenever he sees him at games and me personally can vouch for how genuine & sincere he was when he met my terminally ill uncle back in 2014

Look at the players he has reportedly fell out with and what they did with their careers after leaving us. Then look at the players he replaced them with and what they have gone onto achieve. The bloke doesn’t suffer fools and he’s built two very good squads on two separate occasions. 

I’ve got plenty of stories of how odd Pearson could be. But there’s no point sharing them on this forum.

He led the club to success is all I’m bothered about really 

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve got plenty of stories of how odd Pearson could be. But there’s no point sharing them on this forum.

He led the club to success is all I’m bothered about really 

Think the issue is people have accused him of being a bully in other threads due to this Mills story and mixing that in with some of his odd media appearances. In reality though the only alleged bullying is this Mills account of what happenend and that's questionable

Edited by Tommy Fresh

On 17/12/2021 at 07:04, Tommy Fresh said:

Think the issue is people have accused him of being a bully in other threads due to this Mills story and mixing that in with some of his odd media appearances. In reality though the only alleged bullying is this Mills account of what happenend and that's questionable

If you choose a no nonsense managerial approach there is a chance that someone may accuse you of being a bully.

Pearson let himself and the club down when he allowed the pressure of being in the spotlight get to him when we were struggling. Many in the media will enjoy the attack when they smell blood and this was the case when he pretty much set himself up as a target. It's a shame because I believe that like most no nonsense managers Pearson just normal family man with a sense of humour. 

• 2 weeks later...