Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

An absolute legend of this club and transformed us twice, when we could still easily be struggling in league one quite easily. I think realistically he took us as far as he could and I don't think we'd have won the league in 15/16 with him at the helm and everything that happened after. 

Best of luck to him at Bristol City 

Fantastic appointment for the Robins and I hope for both Nigel and Bristol City this brings good things they have had a few false dawns of hovering outside the play off for years in the championship. There a club certainly do have potential to be a good premier league side, for a city of its size needs to be in the premier league football and who better to bring that.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Seems a good move for him but the deal is poor. 

The man needs a longer term project to truly show his qualities. 

I think a lot of it is due to existing structure.

They've only just brought in two very experienced coaches who they can't afford to sack

The CEO is hated by the fans and may well be leaving shortly to front  a takeover at Ipswich

It's probably good for both sides, if Ashton (CEO) does leave then it opens the door for Walsh who will have done most of his Charlotte MLS project by the summer and could leave him open to a role as DOF

Similarly it gives Simpson and Downing the chance to decide whether they want to stay on with Nige or go elsewhere, which then opens the door for Chris Powell and Kevin Phillips et al. 

Hope they put on a show for him tonight! He'll feel less pressure if they're going into the Swans game at the weekend on the back of a result.

• Thanks 1