Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Nigel Pearson appointed Bristol City manager

21 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Makes me laugh the people gagging for him to fail and only pipe up here when he is losing a game.

"losing a game", getting trounced today. Word is: he's getting sacked in the morning!!

Edited by David Hankey

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Oh dear Nigel 

Defensively calamitous 

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

"losing a game", getting trounced today. Word is: he's getting sacked in the morning!!

You two do realise Fulham put 7 past Blackburn and 5 past Huddersfield don't you? Those two are top 6 sides sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I'm glad Kasper said "all of this wouldn't be possible without Nigel". 

Never heard a true word spoken. We wouldn't even be in the PL without Pearson, let alone actually win it.

We don't know that. I suspect that Vichai would've ensured that we played in the Premier League with or without Pearson. 

I was a Pearsonite during both of his spells with us and still take a distant interest. I don't think that's surprising after what we went through with him. 

55 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We don't know that. I suspect that Vichai would've ensured that we played in the Premier League with or without Pearson. 

I was a Pearsonite during both of his spells with us and still take a distant interest. I don't think that's surprising after what we went through with him. 

Doesnt matter what owners invest, without the manager there is nothing hence they threw everything at Sven and he could not do it.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Doesnt matter what owners invest, without the manager there is nothing hence they threw everything at Sven and he could not do it.

That's why Sven was sacked and the same would've happened to Pearson if they thought that he wasn't going to achieve promotion. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

This, to me is a totally reasonable stance to have. I consider myself a fan of his, the same way I was of Sir Martin, in so much as I always look out for the results of the teams they're managing and wanting them to do well. I probably edge a bit further than you in so much as I take a lot of enjoyment out of such people doing well, and feel a tinge of sadness when things go wrong. To actively want someone who had success at this club to fail is just beyond me, how miserable do you have to be?! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

This, to me is a totally reasonable stance to have. I consider myself a fan of his, the same way I was of Sir Martin, in so much as I always look out for the results of the teams they're managing and wanting them to do well. I probably edge a bit further than you in so much as I take a lot of enjoyment out of such people doing well, and feel a tinge of sadness when things go wrong. To actively want someone who had success at this club to fail is just beyond me, how miserable do you have to be?! 

Yes it's quite bizarre.

Tbh today to me is more just another illustration of the haves and have nots in the Champs.

With the gap so wide between the Prem and Champs, with parachute payments etc, its becoming a boring closed shop at the top of the division.  Same teams up there every other season, in between getting relegated back to the division. 

Fulham, Bournemouth, WBA, Norwich, West Brom etc etc etc.  You get the odd outlier like Brentford but that's very much the exception. It's so dull and predictable. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think that Claudio is a good example in that I don't think many City fans begrudge any success that he could still achieve. I'd love it if he kept Watford up (which might be easier to say after scoring eight times against them in the past two meetings!). 

However, there's always various degrees of wanting ex-players/managers to fail to reinforce the belief they won't ever have it as good as they did with us. I fall into that category with N'golo everytime he wins something but can't help myself being pleased for him whilst thinking, 'yeah, but it's not as good as winning the Premier League with us'. 

40 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

We might have got to the Premier League without Pearson but we don’t win it.

Two reasons:

1) We don’t sign the likes of Mahrez, Vardy and Kante without the scouting setup that came with Pearson. These were freakishly good signings that another scouting team wouldn’t have landed upon all 3 as targets.

2) A large part of what drove that miracle was the spirit and culture that Pearson crated. A self-policing dressing room, a training schedule out of sync with what was ‘typical’ in the Premier League and that siege mentality and never-say-die spirit Pearson developed over years

You might not like his media persona, but he’s undoubtedly the most important figure in LCFC history.

Amen brother

14 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Bloke is a complete dinosaur. He's a goner 

Incorrect

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

What has any of this got to do with NP at Bristol City? 

Not a lot except I suppose you could say that he's used to working under pressure from behind the scenes, when it comes to financial considerations, and he's certainly got that at Bristol City in spades.

A club sitting on a c£36m operating loss from the last financial year, a club shit scared of FFP, with no money to spend on players and pressure to sell any (limited) player assets that he might have. 

I would suggest he's faced with a much worse situation in his current role and tbh if he manages to keep them up this season and then stabilise he will have done a decent job.