Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

It didn't get mentioned much, but Kasper's anger to the ref after the penalty award was a thing of beauty.

A classic of the genre. lol

:schmike:

Took me back to the time he was shouting "dont start with me" at a lino after a one was given against us lol

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

It would be nice to have a Denmark v Wales knockout match. 

Kasper at one end, Ward at the other. 

When I was watching Dennis Rofe, amongst others, I never once thought we'd have 2 players at the Euro Championships, let alone two goalkeepers and others beside. 

What a time to be a City fan. 

Just wondering what made you pick out Dennis Rofe in particular? lol

Good player for City who played over 300 games for us. Scored a cracking brace away at Swansea in 1979.

1 minute ago, Jonezy said:

Flippin told you @Finnegan:D

See you in the next round! 

What a rollercoaster of an evening. French ref doing his best to ruin the party, but we prevailed and Belgium and Lukaku did their part. Football is great in nights like this. :wub:

You can rightfully be proud tonight - amazing spirit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Just wondering what made you pick out Dennis Rofe in particular? lol

Good player for City who played over 300 games for us. Scored a cracking brace away at Swansea in 1979.

Just age I guess mate.

Yep, he was a good player for us. I s'pose the point I was making is that he was never going to play in a European Championships knockout match!

To be fair, didn't we get promoted back to the top division straight after selling him to Chelsea? 

Mind you, I could have picked 99% of our ex players on the Euro Championship basis, maybe good old Dennis is just the one that sprung to mind, many others have been forgettable, so it's a compliment really lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Just age I guess mate.

Yep, he was a good player for us. I s'pose the point I was making is that he was never going to play in a European Championships knockout match!

To be fair, didn't we get promoted back to the top division straight after selling him to Chelsea? 

Mind you, I could have picked 99% of our ex players on the Euro Championship basis, maybe good old Dennis is just the one that sprung to mind, many others have been forgettable, so it's a compliment really lol

Yes he left for Chelsea quite late on in the aforementioned 1979/80 season stating that he thought they had a better chance of promotion than us. Chelsea stayed down and we went on to win the title in the last match of the season, ironically with a 1-0 away win at his former club Orient. :scarf:

• Like 1

THERE IS A KJAER ALWAYS EVERYWHERE FOR HIS FRIENDS

evmEQJnV_normal.jpg

Simon #Kjaer helping a partner in trouble? No news there... Remember how he helped Stekelenburg after Lucio hit his head on a Roma-Inter match during his Roma days... The man is a real hero #EURO2020 #Eriksen
E3vEvzvWUAEJGdg.jpg
E3vEv7tWUAIt8Hv.jpg

E3vEvzvWUAEJGdg.jpg

Edited by Gazi Giray

With a risk of this getting drowned out by Kjær love letters, what are the actual permutations that could send Finland through?
Haven't found a site that goes into detail.

Would it require Spain to either lose or beat Slovakia by a good margin; Croatia to draw; Poland to lose and Hungary to not win?

52 minutes ago, shen said:

With a risk of this getting drowned out by Kjær love letters, what are the actual permutations that could send Finland through?

Would it require Spain to either lose or beat Slovakia by a good margin; Croatia to draw; Poland to lose and Hungary to not win?

Spain to lose. Or even Spain to win because Slovakia's goal difference would be inferior to Finland even if losing by 1.

Poland can lose or draw. 

Portugal draw/Germany win. A Portugal win drops France or Germany in to 3rd and they are both better placed than Finland by points or goal difference. 

Croatia/Scotland draw. 

58 minutes ago, shen said:

I thought we support good characters like Kjaer so that this world would be better place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Group A . Swiss 4 pts.

Group B . Finland 3pts -2 av.

Group C . Ukraine 3 pts -1 avg.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Finland' the best permutation I worked if these best result can happen , 3rd rank teams  of the groups would be below 

Group D. Croatia 2pts -1 avg. /Scotland 2 pts .-2 avg.  

Group E. Slovakia 3 points -3 avg

Group F . Portugal 3 points -3 avg 

The best Permuation for Finland to get through :

Croatia should draw with Scotia if it will be so ,  2 pnts 

If Spain beats Slovakia  3-0 , and Poland should lose against Sweden or should  draw to Sweden . If win against Sweden 2 teams will have 4 points and 3rd teams have 4 points

France should beat Portugal with 2-0 . and Germany should l beat Hungary

Edited by Gazi Giray

Thank you both.
So if I understand correctly, Finland's fate isn't decided until tomorrow, regardless of results tonight, as there are permutations that will allow them to finish above Slovakia/Spain/Poland and Portugal/Hungary.

9 minutes ago, shen said:

Thank you both.
So if I understand correctly, Finland's fate isn't decided until tomorrow, regardless of results tonight, as there are permutations that will allow them to finish above Slovakia/Spain/Poland and Portugal/Hungary.

Finland's fate will be decided tonight only if one of Croatia/Scotland win. If that happens, tomorrow's results won't matter. 

If Croatia or Scotland win, they'll go on to 4 points and immediately become a best 3rd places team ahead of anyone on 3 points (including Finland) 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Finland's fate will be decided tonight only if one of Croatia/Scotland win. If that happens, tomorrow's results won't matter. 

If Croatia or Scotland win, they'll go on to 4 points and immediately become a best 3rd places team ahead of anyone on 3 points (including Finland) 

If Germany win and France beat Portugal by four goals (unlikely), while Poland fail to beat Sweden and Spain lose or beat Slovakia by three goals, then Finland should be ahead of Portugal and Slovakia/Spain.