Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Elden Ring

4 hours ago, Brenfox said:

Just picked this up on ps5. I'm not normally one to complain but it runs terrible. The framerate & pop in is horrific. I've even selected to prioritise franerate. How come nobody else is mentioning this?

Works fine for me tbh? Never had a single issue with frame rate, just server connection bugs me

16 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Radahn is a son of a bitch.

Edit: Correction, he is a little bitch :)

I take it you beat Radahn from that edit  lol

He is next, been beating remaining bosses in Limgrave this weekend (Take that Agheel !) 

7 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I am absolutely minging at this game. No matter how I switch up my tactics I get killed a lot. I don’t even know where im going lol still having quite a bit of fun though 

Haha that's exactly where I am. Having never played a game like this before, it's certainly not welcoming for newcomers at all! I've finally got my first magic thing to help in battles (pack of wolves) so that will help in some way but haven't been able to dedicate any time to it yet.

What really winds me up is when you die, everything resets, except for pissing lifts it seems!! Twice I've fallen into the lift shaft having battled through areas full of enemies because I hadn't noticed it hadn't come back down again from last time I died. 

I've hit a wall in this game. I'm around 5 hours in. I've got the 3 wolves & the spectral horse. I'm avoiding co flicts because everything obliterates me straight away & I don't seem to be levelling up. I need a decent weapon or some spell casting ability.

8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I take it you beat Radahn from that edit  lol

He is next, been beating remaining bosses in Limgrave this weekend (Take that Agheel !) 

Once you figure the approach out it gets much more manageable, he can still one-shot you with pretty much any attack but I'm doing the stereotypical sorcerer build using light armour so that's nothing new to me.

1 hour ago, syston_fox said:

What really winds me up is when you die, everything resets, except for pissing lifts it seems!! Twice I've fallen into the lift shaft having battled through areas full of enemies because I hadn't noticed it hadn't come back down again from last time I died. 

A classic :D  Save time and runes by stepping on the button again before you move on.

1 hour ago, Brenfox said:

I've hit a wall in this game. I'm around 5 hours in. I've got the 3 wolves & the spectral horse. I'm avoiding co flicts because everything obliterates me straight away & I don't seem to be levelling up. I need a decent weapon or some spell casting ability.

You need to visit a site of grace to level up, but you'll need runes to spend and that requires knocking a few heads without dying first.  What sort of build are you going for?

I feel like I'm starting to make some progress with this now... 5 hours in, exploring and finding things that are actually useful. Leveling up and actually able to hold me own when attacked in the real world. Still suck at dungeons (skeleton filled one is doing my nut in currently) but at least I'm going in the right direction now. 

14 hours ago, syston_fox said:

I feel like I'm starting to make some progress with this now... 5 hours in, exploring and finding things that are actually useful. Leveling up and actually able to hold me own when attacked in the real world. Still suck at dungeons (skeleton filled one is doing my nut in currently) but at least I'm going in the right direction now. 

Is that the tombsword catacombs? If so the reward you get at the end is brilliant, keep going!

21 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

Is it best to just upgrade strength so your hits are stronger? I'm clearly missing loads but I don't see the value in upgrading anything else at the moment.

It depends how you play the game.  I'm doing a typical glass-cannon mage build and at level 99 my stats are currently:

Vigor - 11
Mind - 32
Endurance - 11

Strength - 14

Dexterity - 18

Intelligence - 77

Faith - 6

Arcane - 9

Because I have no Vigor or Endurance, my HP and armour weight limit are both so low that even wearing my most protective gear I will get one-shot by all but a few bosses so I just run around half naked to maximise my dodge-roll effectiveness.  The trade-off is that I can use all the highest-tier sorcery pickups and my attacks have in turn become incredibly strong, I've not reached full meme potential like those videos circling of people draining entire boss health bars before they've finished the spawn animation, but as long as I can avoid getting hit and find big enough gaps to perform a full casting animation then it doesn't take too long to defeat most bosses once I'm familiar with them.  When I hit 80 base int I'm going to start pouring into Vig an End to make myself a bit less squishy and let me wear armour while still having good dodge rolls.

But you mentioned Strength so I take it you're going for a melee build, so generally yes strength is handy but even then it depends on how you play and also in large part on the weapon(s) you want to use/have available.  If you've got a weapon that scales well with strength then I'd say yeah, the best thing to do is to focus that stat for now, as well as keeping your Endurance topped up as necessary, make yourself a powerhouse, then worry about the finer details later.  When you get further into the story you'll unlock the ability to reallocate all of the points you've purchased in exchange for a relatively easy to get item so you don't need to worry too much about missing out on cool gear or being unbalanced as long as you're able to stay alive and keep progressing.

12 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

It depends how you play the game.  I'm doing a typical glass-cannon mage build and at level 99 my stats are currently:

Vigor - 11
Mind - 32
Endurance - 11

Strength - 14

Dexterity - 18

Intelligence - 77

Faith - 6

Arcane - 9

Because I have no Vigor or Endurance, my HP and armour weight limit are both so low that even wearing my most protective gear I will get one-shot by all but a few bosses so I just run around half naked to maximise my dodge-roll effectiveness.  The trade-off is that I can use all the highest-tier sorcery pickups and my attacks have in turn become incredibly strong, I've not reached full meme potential like those videos circling of people draining entire boss health bars before they've finished the spawn animation, but as long as I can avoid getting hit and find big enough gaps to perform a full casting animation then it doesn't take too long to defeat most bosses once I'm familiar with them.  When I hit 80 base int I'm going to start pouring into Vig an End to make myself a bit less squishy and let me wear armour while still having good dodge rolls.

But you mentioned Strength so I take it you're going for a melee build, so generally yes strength is handy but even then it depends on how you play and also in large part on the weapon(s) you want to use/have available.  If you've got a weapon that scales well with strength then I'd say yeah, the best thing to do is to focus that stat for now, as well as keeping your Endurance topped up as necessary, make yourself a powerhouse, then worry about the finer details later.  When you get further into the story you'll unlock the ability to reallocate all of the points you've purchased in exchange for a relatively easy to get item so you don't need to worry too much about missing out on cool gear or being unbalanced as long as you're able to stay alive and keep progressing.

Good god man where are you farming, send location lol

6 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Good god man where are you farming, send location lol

I don't farm as such, but if I'm about to do a boss fight and I'm only a few k from the next level cost there's a good spot to clinch those final runes in the fields between the place with the beast incantations merchant and the bridge with a dragon on it, that's probably is a good place to grind up a few levels when your level costs are still in the low tens of thousands.

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't farm as such, but if I'm about to do a boss fight and I'm only a few k from the next level cost there's a good spot to clinch those final runes in the fields between the place with the beast incantations merchant and the bridge with a dragon on it, that's probably is a good place to grind up a few levels when your level costs are still in the low tens of thousands.

Ah the midget minions, yep I've been hitting that place up too lol

6 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Ah the midget minions, yep I've been hitting that place up too lol

Honestly there's no real need to farm in this game though, if an area's too challenging just go to another one and you'll naturally accumulate runes just by exploring the areas that don't immediately curb stomp you.