Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Elden Ring

9 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

This game has me hooked to the point its passing my missus off that I'm not doing much else in free time.  It's only really once a gaming generation that I get hooked.  And this is it

The game never stops.  I'm currently at level 115 with 144h (though tbf anywhere from 1/3rd to 1/2 of that has been spent idling, this game has so much incredible fantasy landscaping and architecture that I'm regularly leaving my guy sat in front of a stunning backdrop to give my room a bit of ambience while I get on with other things) and I feel like I'm at best halfway into the storyline and I still have at least 3 areas of the overworld to uncover judging from the dark areas of the map.

I've been deliberately avoiding going into too much detail on the game in here but if I could give just one piece of advice to new players:  Stockpile preserving boluses. Dear lord acquire and craft as many as you can and just sit on them.  Do not use a single one on the overworld.  When the time comes to use them you will know.

I'm slowly getting somewhere. I'm level 26 after putting everything into strength. I've beaten the black knife assassin then stumbled onto Margit who wiped me out. 

I'm trying to beat Patches & the Mad Pumpkin now but getting nowhere. I could really do with some ranged weapon or magic. It took me 2 hours to finally beat Bloody Finger Nerijus thus morning. This really is not my kind of game but I'm strangely drawn to it. 

2 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

I'm slowly getting somewhere. I'm level 26 after putting everything into strength. I've beaten the black knife assassin then stumbled onto Margit who wiped me out. 

I'm trying to beat Patches & the Mad Pumpkin now but getting nowhere. I could really do with some ranged weapon or magic. It took me 2 hours to finally beat Bloody Finger Nerijus thus morning. This really is not my kind of game but I'm strangely drawn to it. 

VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR VIGOR

• Like 1

Things really have moved on, finally through Leyndell onto the land of the giants. Must say we must have improved a lot as Godfrey and Morgott were no trouble.

Sword of Night and Flame we use now has God tier status, but generally in this game there is so so much too explore everywhere, it’s quite incredible, and always somethings to do, quite staggering really.

Oh, and yes Vigor!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 13/03/2022 at 10:34, Dahnsouff said:

Things really have moved on, finally through Leyndell onto the land of the giants. Must say we must have improved a lot as Godfrey and Morgott were no trouble.

Sword of Night and Flame we use now has God tier status, but generally in this game there is so so much too explore everywhere, it’s quite incredible, and always somethings to do, quite staggering really.

Oh, and yes Vigor!!!!!!!

The Sword of Night & Flame is an absolute cheat code in this game. it's special moves are so overpowered.

• Like 1

On 14/03/2022 at 11:08, glenny_fox said:

The Sword of Night & Flame is an absolute cheat code in this game. it's special moves are so overpowered.

That plus a fully upgraded mimic ash does a feel like a large dose of cheat, I must admit.

Sitting at level 140, using sword and shield, think I'm getting near the end of the game now

Some of the boss battles in this are so brutal, the few I've just done took literally hours a piece, this game definatley punishes melee builds later on

10 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

They've nerfed the sword of night and flame with the new patch lol

Better not nerf my gold halberd!

I know! And the mimic Ash! :(  lol

4 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know! And the mimic Ash! :(  lol

I still managed to beat Godskin Duo last night using the mimic, granted I discovered bleed damage is godlike in the boss battles at the same time which I'd never tried before. I'd been struggling with that boss battle for days, so glad it's out the way

I'm surprised how much the ashes of war make the boss battles easier tbh, I hadn't even used them up until this point

Edited by MrSpaM

9 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I still managed to beat Godskin Duo last night using the mimic, granted I discovered bleed damage is godlike in the boss battles at the same time which I'd never tried before. I'd been struggling with that boss battle for days, so glad it's out the way

I'm surprised how much the ashes of war make the boss battles easier tbh, I hadn't even used them up until this point

We used the Rivers of Blood katana on them, seemed to do the trick!   lol

8 hours ago, Brenfox said:

I've just acquired the dragon head casting & I've levelled up enough to use it. I'm a confessor & only have melee weapons. I assume I need to have a staff or casting weapon to use it as its not working.

Sorcery needs a staff. Incantations needs a seal.assume it’s an incantation, so a seal. Should be able to buy one from a merchant

• Like 1

Is everyone here doing bosses on their own or like me just going in to them with 1 or 2 other players via summon. 

I tried Margit on my own like 20 times and I'm just not skilled enough to do it by myself!

My problem is I think is that I have the Dark Souls playstyle of sword and shield ingrained in to me and I'm not sure that's the best option here.

Edited by kristianity77