Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Elden Ring

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Brenfox said:

Is this game insanely difficult like Dark Souls? 

It's a souls game so you're going to die a hell of a lot as usual. However they've added mechanics which makes the game easier in many ways. You can use stealth now and the summons really help with bosses and hoardes of enemies

5 hours ago, Brenfox said:

Is this game insanely difficult like Dark Souls? 

It's overall less difficult, but you'll still get punished a lot.  I'm currently in the first castle and you're isolated from your horse in here so these sections play just like the souls titles everyone's familiar with. I've barely scratched the game's surface but it's already hard to dispute the early cries of goty

Edited by Carl the Llama

I played for half an hour or earlier and not got a scooby doo what I'm doing. Never played a game like this before and basically just dying constantly.... Think I need to just explore initially, try and figure out the controls and read some basic guides on what it's all about. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

I played for half an hour or earlier and not got a scooby doo what I'm doing. Never played a game like this before and basically just dying constantly.... Think I need to just explore initially, try and figure out the controls and read some basic guides on what it's all about. 

These games are not for casual players.  You will either (a) invest hours and hours and hours because you won't want the game to beat you or (b) something else will be released and, despite being good, you won't go back to it to invest the time required to beat the game.

That's how it is for me with the Demon Souls remake at any rate lol

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This Margit the Fell chap is a bit of nightmare   lol Best so far is down to 1/4 of his health left, we will get there, just learning his large palette of moves required!

i called on a friend to help me. i say help me, i was a distraction for the boss while he backstabbed him to death lol i dont normally enjoy souls games but the fact i can just turn away from anything i like and go wandering around to find something i can do keeps me going. i am loving this

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

This Margit the Fell chap is a bit of nightmare   lol Best so far is down to 1/4 of his health left, we will get there, just learning his large palette of moves required!

google an item called Margit's shackle, that you can buy for 5000 runes. that massively helped me, as you can do about 40% damage before he even has a chance to attack you.

you can buy it from a dungeon 'boss' called Patches. (fyi, when you fight him, don't kill him)

4 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

google an item called Margit's shackle, that you can buy for 5000 runes. that massively helped me, as you can do about 40% damage before he even has a chance to attack you.

you can buy it from a dungeon 'boss' called Patches. (fyi, when you fight him, don't kill him)

Thanks, but as a true indication at how awful I am these sort of games....I already have this shackle lol

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thanks, but as a true indication at how awful I am these sort of games....I already have this shackle lol

lol In that case, dodge dodge & dodge some more (easier said than done). have you got the Jellyfish summon?  apparently that's quite handy for Margit.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

lol In that case, dodge dodge & dodge some more (easier said than done). have you got the Jellyfish summon?  apparently that's quite handy for Margit.

Jellyfish summon? No, thats from the woman in house on Stormhill right?