Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Elden Ring

On 27/03/2022 at 14:29, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Doesn't summoning people to overcome the bosses sort of defeat the point? Not judging I wouldn't have the patience for this game but if you're summoning for bosses then surely you're not developing the skills you need to progress through the game. 

I will sometimes summon my 12 year old son written I get stuck, does that count as cheating?  :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like if you like dark souls this is an all but flawless game, definitely the front runner for game of the year, not my cup of tea I wouldn't pay a fiver for it as its like pulling teeth for me but if you enjoy from software games then can't think of a game being more worth full price than this. I'd watch acg review on YouTube, he's very balanced and I enjoy his flow. 

45 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Taking my time on this truying to find literally everything.  122 hours in and I'm still yet to see the end.

My lad has started New Game+ after completing it, as he wants to get everything, which means following the other branches of the quest lines he did not first time!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, StonyFox said:

I've put in over 150 hours for the main story and most of the side quests. I feel that if I'd put in less hours I'd have missed a fair bit. 

there is just so much to do its so easy to miss stuff im really loving the game though, first time i have paid top dollar for a game but i just had to play it

14 minutes ago, magoo said:

there is just so much to do its so easy to miss stuff im really loving the game though, first time i have paid top dollar for a game but i just had to play it

It is a great game. I'm just trying to decide whether I do a new game plus with a different spec character, or wait for the dlc. I'm struggling to get into another game, as none of them are as good as eldenring!

11 hours ago, StonyFox said:

It is a great game. I'm just trying to decide whether I do a new game plus with a different spec character, or wait for the dlc. I'm struggling to get into another game, as none of them are as good as eldenring!

dlc is rumoured to be coming soon i think, im going to do a new game + with diff character 1st play through was just getting used to game etc , elden ring has so much replayability

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Valiant Gargoyles feel genuinely impossible to me. I know there is a way to cheese them without touching them but it requires a lot of dodging. As a cowardly mage, dodging is not my forte. lol

This game is great at building you up, only to knock you straight back down. After dealing with Radahn pretty comfortably, I felt like I'd cracked it but Siofra Aqueduct has made me question if I'll be able to complete this game. Moving through Altus Plateau atm, I'm enjoying the area but struggling with some of the cave mini-bosses. 

2 hours ago, Amin said:

Valiant Gargoyles feel genuinely impossible to me. I know there is a way to cheese them without touching them but it requires a lot of dodging. As a cowardly mage, dodging is not my forte. lol

This game is great at building you up, only to knock you straight back down. After dealing with Radahn pretty comfortably, I felt like I'd cracked it but Siofra Aqueduct has made me question if I'll be able to complete this game. Moving through Altus Plateau atm, I'm enjoying the area but struggling with some of the cave mini-bosses. 

I find it tough, but for it makes it more rewarding. There are definitely times where something feels hard to do, until it isn't, if that makes sense. I must confess I half cheesed the valiant gargoyles, but it does feel like less of an achievement. I also summoned other players to help with malenia, so I feel like I need to get that far in the new game plus to do it on my own. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
25 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Umming and aaahhing over investing in this, too, Lako. 

I think I’ve hit bedrock with Starfield. I want something more Witcher-3 like.

It’s £34 at CEX. Worth it, folks?

My other half accidentally uninstalled starfield and I had 15 hours in it, I really can't bring myself to start again tbh which is why I thought of this. 

If I can't get it for decent money i'll give lies of P or The Witcher a go.

11 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

My other half accidentally uninstalled starfield and I had 15 hours in it, I really can't bring myself to start again tbh which is why I thought of this. 

If I can't get it for decent money i'll give lies of P or The Witcher a go.

Cannot recommend The Witcher 3, and all the DLC, highly enough.

Do that. 

• Like 1