Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Elden Ring

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Is Elden Ring on it? Surely not? 

No course not, but if you've got a new console and want some stuff to play it's the perfect way to have a look around all manner of different games. Obviously if you're a sociopathic naracassict get Elden Ring lol. I did bloodbourne because it was on ps+ and I realised after I finished it my enjoyment v frustration was so one sided, and that's apparently the easiest one! I know millions of people like these games and fair play I get the appeal its just a bit too close to pulling teeth for my liking. 

16 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This game is absurd.  I'm currently exploring a cave so large it has its own map and bonfire network.

sounds like you ma`y have found one of the legacy dungeons. this game has been out a full week now and im still finding new areas of the map. im steaming along quite nicely, killed 4 or 5 mini bosses and 3 great enemies now , calling on a pal to help me with the bigger guys of course. and each time i beat something, i reveal more and more stuff. i love this game

10 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Would Greedfall be a good training ground for something like this? 

I don't want to pay out for it and then just find it's impossible for a gaming dullard like me

I've never played Greedfall so can't comment there, but you could always pick up a previous Souls Title to see if you get on with the combat there.  Alternatively if you want to test your patience in a good open world game which starts you off as a pathetic meatbag and forces you to earn the right to be even mildly competent in combat then I would definitely recommend Elex which must be going cheap with its sequel just now releasing at a bizarrely inopportune time for such a title.

We finally beat Margit yesterday, much celebrating was to be seen...then died by stupid birds with swords for feet..

I love this game   lol

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

I don't want to pay out for it and then just find it's impossible for a gaming dullard like me

Dark souls 3 is probably the best 'training ground' game for this one. 

dont worry about training to play elden ring. its general enemies are easier than previous games, horse combat makes that even easier, and you can turn back and go a different direction when you hit a boss if you like. i have never finished a souls game, given up long before now, and im still going strong in this one. just get stuck in

• Like 1

My cousin leant me Dark Souls and i cant describe how much i hated it. I just do not see the appeal of constant dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge tiny stab ANNNNDDDD repeat. Then dying numerous times.

So Elden Ring looks to be exactly the same. Though everyone is telling me it is slightly more forgiving that dark souls i cant see myself enjoying it. My cousin has it and we are planning of exchanging Elden Ring and Horizon once we have finished them. Doubt i will stick with  Elden Ring lol 

Would you guys say is is more forgiving? Or is it very much the same boring dodging exercises to get a tiny stab in?

8 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

My cousin leant me Dark Souls and i cant describe how much i hated it. I just do not see the appeal of constant dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge dodge tiny stab ANNNNDDDD repeat. Then dying numerous times.

So Elden Ring looks to be exactly the same. Though everyone is telling me it is slightly more forgiving that dark souls i cant see myself enjoying it. My cousin has it and we are planning of exchanging Elden Ring and Horizon once we have finished them. Doubt i will stick with  Elden Ring lol 

Would you guys say is is more forgiving? Or is it very much the same boring dodging exercises to get a tiny stab in?

i mean early on sure its like that, i felt the same abouyt the opther games, but it turns out, if you level enough and find better weapons, it actually gets good! i also dont fight bosses solo if i can avoid it, some mini bosses you have to, so i just wait till im better equipped to do it, but main baddies i call on a friend and we beat him together. so much fun. as a non souls fan and advocate against boss fights in all games, this is an outstanding game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

No; but Elden Ring is probably the most accessible of the soulsbourne genre.

The best until now was Bloodborne. If you want to see if you might like it, but don't want to spend £50 or whatever; I'd recommend picking up whichever of the following you can (cheaply) and seeing how you get on:

Bloodborne

Demons Souls/Dark Souls (any would do as a concept)

Nioh (1/2) (not actually FROMSOFTWARE, but still excellent)

Sekiro (I'd maybe not do Sekiro as your first; but it is brilliant)

The difference with Elden Ring is that it is open world; and there is a little more in terms of exploration/item collection/crafting than all of those titles.

It is very fair in terms of savepoints (effectively) and checkpoints. Also has fast travel if you want it.

Elden Ring remains challenging however and it does not restrict where you can go. You want to fight that ridiculous boss; go for it? Don't want to? Go and level up and craft some stuff? Go for it.

I'd still recommend trying one of the earlier games though and my recommendation is Bloodborne as I thought it was the best (although not the easiest).

Going through Siofra’s Deep River Well as we want the Great Jar’s Arsenal, it sounds super useful, definitely after we got the bloodhound weapon!

16 hours ago, Beliall said:

sounds like you ma`y have found one of the legacy dungeons. this game has been out a full week now and im still finding new areas of the map. im steaming along quite nicely, killed 4 or 5 mini bosses and 3 great enemies now , calling on a pal to help me with the bigger guys of course. and each time i beat something, i reveal more and more stuff. i love this game

I guess so, the path I was on culminated in a massive cavern with that skeleton sitting on a throne which you occasionally see on the loading screens, I'm guessing you've already done that area based on your comments.  Now I need to find out how to get into the rest of that massive underground section.

9 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

I guess so, the path I was on culminated in a massive cavern with that skeleton sitting on a throne which you occasionally see on the loading screens, I'm guessing you've already done that area based on your comments.  Now I need to find out how to get into the rest of that massive underground section.

theres 7 or 8 legacy dungeons. stormveil castle is one. i have found where you are but havent beaten the boss there yet. im moving in about 12 different directions currently gradually revealing more and more and more map

On 03/03/2022 at 10:56, Dahnsouff said:

We finally beat Margit yesterday, much celebrating was to be seen...then died by stupid birds with swords for feet..

I love this game   

I've played all the dark souls games (+dlc) and bloodbourne, and margit has to be one of the hardest bosses out there. 

4 hours ago, Kyuubi said:

Does anyone have connection issues with the elden ring servers? Seem to get booted out after 20 mins of gameplay... bit annoying when you're in the middle of a boss fight lol

My internet is horrendous but I've only been forcibly disconnected twice so far, both around the time of day my connection's at its worst anyway.

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

I've played all the dark souls games (+dlc) and bloodbourne, and margit has to be one of the hardest bosses out there. 

Cheesed him with the squid lol, the squid is so op especially when you upgrade it lol

16 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Cheesed him with the squid lol, the squid is so op especially when you upgrade it lol

I prefer the Lone Wolves so far because they're more efficient at maintaining aggro in my experience.  They came in particularly clutch when I was exploring Sellia Town where they sniff out and aggro hidden enemies for me which is immensely useful as an early game squishy spellcaster (tbf this may be a feature of all summons, I've not tested it, but even if so there's surely extra utility from having 3 summoned beasts to do the scouting instead of 1).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

I prefer the Lone Wolves so far because they're more efficient at maintaining aggro in my experience.  They came in particularly clutch when I was exploring Sellia Town where they sniff out and aggro hidden enemies for me which is immensely useful as an early game squishy spellcaster (tbf this may be a feature of all summons, I've not tested it, but even if so there's surely extra utility from having 3 summoned beasts to do the scouting instead of 1).

Skeletal militia are great, they just get back up unless when killed unless who they fighting kills their souls, which you ca usually prevent them from doing