Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Incoming Transfers/How Many Players

I wanted to focus on incoming players as opposed to outgoing as I beleive we've done a lot of that already. 

Does anyone know whether there is still traction in the following potential incoming players:

•Soumare 

•Edouard 

•Tarkowski 

Others:

•Left foot Right Winger (Marquee Signing)

•Bertrand (could only be for experience - not sure what salary he'd command).

With Morgans/Fuchs/James/King etc Gone then salarys you can divide those figures into 3 new quality signings excluding the signing on fees and transfer fee, leaving only potentially 2 new players on the wage bill 

So: Soumare, Edouard, Tarkowski, RW (L Foot), Bertrand. (5)

NB: Personally I'd prefer Mendy to be sold with a decent CDM brought in. My reasoning is because our midfield has been too lightweight and without Ndidi, Mendy simply isn't a CDM and cannot break play down.

There has been talk of a second striker. Anyone itk?

In:

Soumare

Edouard

Madueke

Bertrand or Jakobs

Szalai or Zima

Out:

Ghezzal

Choudhury

Amartey or Benkovic

Praet

Ideally I'd like us to sell Perez and bring another ACM in like Ludovic Blas or Joe Willock

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In:

Soumare

Edouard

Madueke

Bertrand or Jakobs

Szalai or Zima

Out:

Ghezzal

Choudhury

Amartey or Benkovic

Praet

Ideally I'd like us to sell Perez and bring another ACM in like Ludovic Blas or Joe Willock

Me too but I think Madders will start most games hopefully and Perez will be used as his no.2 for early Europa and Cup rounds for another season yet. Don’t think we will see him on the right again too often unless injuries require it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

In:

Soumare

Edouard

Madueke

Bertrand or Jakobs

Szalai or Zima

Out:

Ghezzal

Choudhury

Amartey or Benkovic

Praet

Oh and I’m still not sold on Edouard yet. For the money it’s a good punt but if he turns out to be on a par with Kelichi in the Prem if Vardy is rested or injured we are soo weak up top especially in the loan striker role. We won’t sell Nacho but I’d be tempted to cash in and gamble on another striker as well as Edouard. 

Just now, Nick said:

Oh and I’m still not sold on Edouard yet. For the money it’s a good punt but if he turns out to be on a par with Kelichi in the Prem if Vardy is rested or injured we are soo weak up top especially in the loan striker role. We won’t sell Nacho but I’d be tempted to cash in and gamble on another striker as well as Edouard. 

Edouard is pretty much a given though isn't he, would he be my first choice? Absolutely not, that's Patson Daka or Malen at PSV but for the price he has to come here and link back up with Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Edouard has gone very quiet hasn't it.....I do wonder whats go on there.

I wonder if we are exploring other options and trying to go a little bit bigger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

So has Bertrand which you think would be a really easy one to get done

I wonder if we really have decided to give Gosens another go and decided to try for Daka instead

• Like 2

Just now, moore_94 said:

I wonder if we really have decided to give Gosens another go and decided to try for Daka instead

We can dream.

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Him likely going to the Olympics might also be making us look at other options, probably not a deal breaker but baring in mind we will lose a number of players in January to AFCON its something else to factor in. Thankfully Zambia failed to qualify so Daka is on the money, ready to go.

Ideal scenario: -

In

Soumare

Edouard

Daka

Gosens

Tarkowski

Trincao

Collins

Coutinho (Loan)

Out

Mendy

Perez

Praet

Amartey

Benkovich

Ghezzal

More likely scenario:-

In

Soumare

Edouard

Bertrand

M Perreira

Ajer

Out

Ghezzal

Benkovich (Loan, probably League two)

BTW I have nothing against Perez, I don't think he is rubbish as some say but don't think he contributes enough, so in a perfect world we would move him on for a decent fee. I also quite like Praet, but think he will look to move on for more game time. 

So, ideally, 8 in 6 out, but more likely 5 in 2 out.

Edited by Merchant_Banker

9 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I wanted to focus on incoming players as opposed to outgoing as I beleive we've done a lot of that already. 

Does anyone know whether there is still traction in the following potential incoming players:

•Soumare 

•Edouard 

•Tarkowski 

Others:

•Left foot Right Winger (Marquee Signing)

•Bertrand (could only be for experience - not sure what salary he'd command).

With Morgans/Fuchs/James/King etc Gone then salarys you can divide those figures into 3 new quality signings excluding the signing on fees and transfer fee, leaving only potentially 2 new players on the wage bill 

So: Soumare, Edouard, Tarkowski, RW (L Foot), Bertrand. (5)

NB: Personally I'd prefer Mendy to be sold with a decent CDM brought in. My reasoning is because our midfield has been too lightweight and without Ndidi, Mendy simply isn't a CDM and cannot break play down.

There has been talk of a second striker. Anyone itk?

I believe there will be rotation which will go some way to answer this question but who would soumare replace when he plays, and would it negate the need for a Mendy replacement. Will he even play if ndidi is out?

I know nothing but believe we will get all of them or somebody ""better" in the same positions. Feel like we are going to go big and finally get that rw this window, as well as 3 of the 4 signing early in the window. 🤞

1 minute ago, dobbylcfc said:

IN:

soumare

Edouard

New CB 

New LB

a winger trincao hopefully  

hopefully Daka 

Out:

Benkovic 

iverson (loan)

mendy 

praet 

amartey

Would prefer Choudhury out, before either Praet or Mendy

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Would prefer Choudhury out, before either Praet or Mendy

Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to lose praet think he’s a great player but he ain’t happy with game time he getting. Choudury there is a battler in there somewhere brendans just got to get it out of him more IMO. That said if a club came in with 20 mil hamza will be gone I think.

11 hours ago, moore_94 said:

This could be the most exciting transfer window since Nicky Maynard.