Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Posting Restrictions

8 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Two days and zero response of any sort. 

Literally driving your own forum in to a wall.

' ............... and then they came for me. '

Any community is only as strong as the community itself.

Tickets on yourself much? 😉

I’d like to be unbanned from general chat too, probably as much as all the other people who are banned from it, but I’m not about to portray myself as a heroic  victim and the champion of all the oppressed. Nor am I going to imply that unless I’m allowed back in general chat the whole forum is going to wither and die!

(edited to add that on re-reading this paragraph I worry that it might seem less lighthearted and more insulting than was intended. It’s definitely meant to be mostly lighthearted and only a teeny bit insulting.)

I stood up. No one else stood with me.

You did. Although only for yourself. Unless I have missed your call for others to be unbanned, in which case I apologise unreservedly and withdraw this bit.

All that said, I suspect that most of the people banned from general chat - including you, and maybe even me - probably could and should be let back in without there being any disastrous consequences.

And like you say, it is Christmas after all.

Edited by Phil Bowman
I explained the reason for edit in the edit itself; can’t be bothered to explain it all again in this ‘reason for edit’ box.
  • Like 3

On 23/12/2021 at 11:18, Line-X said:

No need for that really. 

I've never had a problem with either you, nor the prospect of being banned on here. So what? It's an internet forum and those that run it clearly have their reasons when they do. No hard feelings in the slightest - if I'm banned or have posts removed, perhaps I should stop and think why? If you're really that sensitive that you consider having your opinion challenged three months ago as 'patronising' in a conversation that lasted about half a dozen posts, then seriously, perhaps it's best if you have some time away from the internet in general? The exchange you refer to is on 961-962 of the coronavirus thread lol - October 2nd. Take another read. It's there for all to see and is respectful on both sides and really quite innocuous compared with some of the rancour that can arise on here.  

Like I say, I have no issue with you whatsoever and never have. I find you highly amusing when you're sober and frequently more entertaining when you're drunk. On the subject of patronising, perhaps those that do have issues though have grown tired of this sort of thing?...

2015144214_Screenshot2021-12-23111050.thumb.jpg.2cc620351effcd121fe724c41d2ca811.jpg

Or dredging up old exchanges and using multiple threads to do so? I dunno, perhaps the "community" that you refer to would be more likely to "make a stand" if you were less inclined towards this odd divisive victim mentality? Perhaps you're not as much as a 'People's Hero' as you perceive? Think on.

I accept I'm always going to piss certain people off - usually about the same subjects and my tendency to rather undiplomatically defend science - and that there's always a chance that mods on here will snuff me out with the click of a mouse - because they can. Fair play to them. You won't win, so just be gracious in defeat. And if I upset you, then I apologise. 

And to clarify...you've been banned from 'General Chat'? That's it? I'm sure that your full posting access will be restored soon. I hope it is, because like I said, you've never bothered me and I enjoy your contributions. It's a new year ahead, leave it behind, have a great one and move on. I genuinely hope to see you back posting again across the rest of the forum er, sorry, 'General Chat' soon..... 

Merry Christmas to you and your family.  

The four likes you've garnered pretty much say it all.

The prosecution rests!

Alright so I've had no response and now 10 people liked the 'f off' post .

You're all quite big with that 'like' button, aren't you!?

Obviously there are four there that like pretty much everything that goes above five likes. 'Oooh a bandwagon!' FOMO.

Here's the deal, if you can rally your sycophants and disciples to get it to 100 likes then I'll clear off forever and you can just run this place in to a glorious, mediocre cesspit of consensus and agreement.

Edited by The People's Hero
There is no edit, just wanted to reiterate that Facecloth is an absolute jizzwhistle.

17 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Alright so I've had no response and now 10 people liked the 'f off' post .

Obviously there are four there that like pretty much everything that goes above five likes. 'Oooh a bandwagon!' FOMO.

Here's the deal, if you can rally your sycophants and disciples to get it to 100 likes then I'll clear off forever and you can just run this place in to a glorious, mediocre cesspit of consensus and agreement.

Again, you wonder why your banned. What the **** is your problem with me? Seriously, not a clue what I've done to anger you so much. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Edited 7 minutes ago by The People's Hero
There is no edit, just wanted to reiterate that Facecloth is an absolute jizzwhistle.

12 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

But also, why am I even banned from gen chat? And why the posting restriction? Do you really want posters like me to disappear and be left with Facecloth and his many clones with zero opinion, just bluster and abuse?

14 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Yep, pretty much as predictable as seeing Facecloth like something once it goes 'popular'.

I'm sensing a theme here :D

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I'm sensing a theme here :D

And he wonders why he gets banned. Constant abuse like that. Not a clue what I did to upset him, I vaguely remember agreeing with Unabomber once, could be that. Maybe it's my Nigel Pearson avatar, I know he hates him. BTW I have that avatar because the facial expression amuses me, nothing else. Oh and apparently I have no opinions, when I'm often one of the most argumentative people on here, so don't really get that either.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

As I understand it, people do use the ‘like’ for things they like, yeah. Not for this post of yours though, it would appear.

13 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I'll clear off forever and you can just run this place in to a glorious, mediocre cesspit of consensus and agreement.

You really do have a high opinion of your contributions. I admire your self-belief.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 20/12/2021 at 21:49, The People's Hero said:

Please can I have these lifted? Other than asking nicely, I really don't know what to do.

It is Christmas, after all. Good will to all men and all that? 

A special thanks to the mod/admin team who saw this and (I like to think) briefly considered engaging with me or having a grown up discussion but instead just banned me again.

All the best for 2022 to all of you.

And yes, Phil Bowman/Filbo Man , I do have some self esteem. Curious you try to use that as a stick to beat me with, but whatever makes you happy! Have at it!

6 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

A special thanks to the mod/admin team who saw this and (I like to think) briefly considered engaging with me or having a grown up discussion but instead just banned me again.

All the best for 2022 to all of you.

And yes, Phil Bowman/Filbo Man , I do have some self esteem. Curious you try to use that as a stick to beat me with, but whatever makes you happy! Have at it!

Six hours and not banned. If I make it to 2022, I need someone with access to Gen Chat to start a PARTY thread for me!

On 31/12/2021 at 16:32, The People's Hero said:

It isn’t curious at all. And it wasn’t that you have some self-esteem that I was surprised at, it was more the unjustified level of it with regard to your contributions to, and impact on, this forum as a whole. But I think you know that.

On 31/12/2021 at 23:03, The People's Hero said:

Six hours and not banned. If I make it to 2022, I need someone with access to Gen Chat to start a PARTY thread for me!

This is a loaded request. Who's got the guts to party for the People's Hero.