Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Barnes is then not incorporated unless he is one of the front two!!!

We can't continue Rodgers experiments,  that is how we have become who we are presently. We are presently pushing back at what we are experiencing on the pitch, and a 3-5-2 perpetrates it.

Let us get this team sorted, and bring in a RW, we need to press teams and keep a highline. Get that CB in, Soyuncu needs to get back into the team. 

Prefer 4-3-3 as well but our centre backs aren’t good enough at the moment. Evans are started the season poorly, and the less said about Amartey, the better. We have to get the defence right as a priority, 

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Prefer 4-3-3 as well but our centre backs aren’t good enough at the moment. Evans are started the season poorly, and the less said about Amartey, the better. We have to get the defence right as a priority, 

....I  really want us to move away from 4-3-3, it makes our midfield stronger but limits us to a single striker!!!

I am probably living in the pass, but I still wish to see two upfront with with wingers on both sides.

An integrated Soumare and KDH to run the midfield, two wingers and two upfront. Squeeze the opposition if it is appropriate, or play deep and counter, when it is required. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

If it came to it, would prefer we get 2 quality CBs rather than a CB and RW. 

We’re scoring goals, and have so many attacking weapons. If Tielemans stays, Maddison can move to the right wing. 

It’s the defence that’s hurting us so badly - we can’t keep having to score 3 goals to win a game. 

Appreciate it’s a controversial view but the logical one. Ideally we get 2 CBs and a right winger. Poor planning and last summer’s window has put us in this challenging position. 

Awful take. 

you want to Sign 2 more cbs when we already have: 

evans

soyuncu 

Vestergaard 

Amartey 

Filling up our squad space with 6 CBs !? I agree we need one to replace fofana but the logical thing to do is too get soyuncu back into the mix sign a decent CB and have vester/amartey as your 4th/5th choice. 

You said we have many “attacking weapons” we do not! 

Compare our squad options to other teams and you’ll see the difference. Our Squad is soo weak out wide it’s a joke as others have stated we’re one Barnes injury away from being absolutely toothless. And madders should not be played on the wing he’s a creative central midfielder that needs freedom in the final 3rd to work his magic not stuck out wide struggling to get involved. Over the last 18 months I remember countless times we’ve struggled to break down opposition and left our striker isolated up front with nothing to feed off. The most recent of which, STOCKPORT! 

if we are being serious we need 2 attacking midfielders/wingers coming in as well as the fofana replacement. Best form of defence is attack… 

Edited by StarkFox

17 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

Awful take. 

evans

soyuncu 

Vestergaard 

Amartey 

Filling up our squad space with 6 CBs !? I agree we need one to replace fofana but the logical thing to do is too get soyuncu back into the mix sign a decent CB and have vester/amartey as your 4th/5th choice. 

Compare our squad options to other teams and you’ll see the difference. Our Squad is soo weak out wide it’s a joke as others have stated we’re one Barnes injury away from being absolutely toothless. And madders should not be played on the wing he’s a creative central midfielder that needs freedom in the final 3rd to work his magic not stuck out wide struggling to get involved. Over the last 18 months I remember countless times we’ve struggled to break down opposition and left our striker isolated up front with nothing to feed off. The most recent of which, STOCKPORT! 

if we are being serious we need 2 attacking midfielders/wingers coming in as well as the fofana replacement. Best form of defence is attack… 

LOL, knew this might be controversial! 

We were the highest scorers outside the big six last season and have scored 6 goals in four games this season. Yet we’ve conceded 10 goals, and our expected goals against is horrendous. We largely played the 2nd string vs Stockport and I’m going by what we’ve seen in the PL. 

None of our CBs have shown any consistency in form except Fofana who’s obviously leaving. Do you seriously have confidence in any of the names listed to perform on a consistent basis for us based on what you’ve seen this season and last season? 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Same, absolutely horrified with the recent links.

I’ve just seen us linked with Musa Al-Taamari 😂 tbf he did rip us to shreds in pre-season 

5E8A0BA0-BC4C-4923-9C95-9E10A8654D38.jpeg

34 minutes ago, StarkFox said:

Awful take. 

evans

soyuncu 

Vestergaard 

Amartey 

All those CBs together might make 1 quality CB. Awful quality and the only one that’s decent is brittle AF.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nannypig7 said:

I’ve just seen us linked with Musa Al-Taamari 😂 tbf he did rip us to shreds in pre-season 

5E8A0BA0-BC4C-4923-9C95-9E10A8654D38.jpeg

....seriously, if this is the guy from OHL, Bonanza and @Phugaluwill be laughing their heads off!!!

This player thinks he is better than he is, can't beat a man, runs into dead ends, and spends a lot of time complaining when decisions do not go his way. If this is a way of getting money into OHL coffers, then I can understand it, but we do not need to be anywhere near this player.

Once again it seems we are not giving any real thought to the RW position, you just wonder why we continue to choose to ignore it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If we're doing panic buys at this stage then that's nothing to do with Rodgers. Agreeing to sell fofana must mean there's some sort of plan.

Otherwise we're ****ed.

It’s not to do with Rogers. The club have made a right pigs ear of this window. Tbf to Brendan, he has been banging on about the requirement for a refresh for ages. He’s not wrong, or at least we shouldn’t have taken it to the other extreme of signing absolutely no body!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

It’s not to do with Rogers. The club have made a right pigs ear of this window. Tbf to Brendan, he has been banging on about the requirement for a refresh for ages. He’s not wrong, or at least we shouldn’t have taken it to the other extreme of signing absolutely no body!

Hes taking all the flak here though....

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

There’s four ****ing days left, and we’re playing a game against Utd on deadline day, looking for our second point of the season. Wank 

C5551C7B-0F85-4B05-8425-C59F48DF4511.jpeg.11bfe3c3b484c1034e9c81c0f2a1da09.jpeg

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....seriously, if this is the guy from OHL, Bonanza and @Phugaluwill be laughing their heads off!!!

This player thinks he is better than he is, can't beat a man, runs into dead ends, and spends a lot of time complaining when decisions do not go his way. If this is a way of getting money into OHL coffers, then I can understand it, but we do not need to be anywhere near this player.

Once again it seems we are not giving any real thought to the RW position, you just wonder why we continue to choose to ignore it.

Haha, yeah I've seen that post going around. I am pretty sure you don't have to worry about LCFC signing him ;). Someone in his Jordanian fanbase, that unconditionally keep seeing the next Messi in him for some reason, has been spreading this rumour. And of course the rest of his Jordanian fanbase are 100% convinced now that if the only skill you have is sprinting to the opponent's backline, you should be playing for Barcelona or Manchester City... but they would be ok with him joining LCFC too... because you know... he can.

Having blinders on (on and off the pitch) seems to be a thing in Jordan :frantics:

I know LCFC is desperate to get quality players in before deadline day, but Tamari ain't what you're looking for.

I really hope you guys get to buy some quality players still though! Good luck!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Phugalu said:

Haha, yeah I've seen that post going around. I am pretty sure you don't have to worry about LCFC signing him ;). Someone in his Jordanian fanbase, that unconditionally keep seeing the next Messi in him for some reason, has been spreading this rumour. And of course the rest of his Jordanian fanbase are 100% convinced now that if the only skill you have is sprinting to the opponent's backline, you should be playing for Barcelona or Manchester City... but they would be ok with him joining LCFC too... because you know... he can.

Having blinders on (on and off the pitch) seems to be a thing in Jordan :frantics:

I know LCFC is desperate to get quality players in before deadline day, but Tamari ain't what you're looking for.

I really hope you guys get to buy some quality players still though! Good luck!

I’ll take the assist machine Patris :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Lack of names being linked is very concerning when we need at least three new players.

Not really, especially considering most of our business is announced as a new name by someone like Percy and is practically done at point of link.