Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

9 hours ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Tapsoba, Lacroix, Szalai. One of those would be excellent, two ideally but not gonna happen. Wingers I’m less sure on. Sarr interests me but isn’t consistent, and I’d even consider Traore for a bit of chaos and create some space for others

Take out Barnes and our lack of pace up top that worries defenders is a crime.

I know loads of people on here say Sarr or even to a lesser extent Traore wouldn’t help us against a low block but we struggle against any block.

We need to go back to some form of high press football which can only be done with players who have the legs (brain) for it. 

I like the idea of bringing in loans to help us get through the season without going down, and leaving the choice of permanent additions in the hands of the new manager.  We should be in a better position in terms of squad bloat and salary next summer, too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I like the idea of bringing in loans to help us get through the season without going down, and leaving the choice of permanent additions in the hands of the new manager.  We should be in a better position in terms of squad bloat and salary next summer, too.

Whilst I agree if the tough times really do kick in and have to show a bit of fight not sure a player on loan has that mentality.

On paper, I love the idea too just feel our club is heading into a very dangerous place right now….Rudders (even Top) have a bit of answering to do, sleepwalking is the best phrase right now.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Whilst I agree if the tough times really do kick in and have to show a bit of fight not sure a player on loan has that mentality.

On paper, I love the idea too just feel our club is heading into a very dangerous place right now….Rudders (even Top) have a bit of answering to do, sleepwalking is the best phrase right now.

There’s no “even” to it - this is happening on Top’s watch.  He’s allowing it to fester.

I admit there are risks in going the loan route.  But can you really let a lame-duck Rodgers choose new players to bring in on permanent deals, that the club and the new gaffer will be saddled with after he’s inevitably fired?

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Quick question - how many of the suggestions for a CB or RW or YT replacement would get a work permit without  an appeal process which may not go in our favour ??

Any from top 5 European leagues and/or who have made European appearances last season/this season will get through.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So you can buy any player from German/French/ Spanish/Italian/Portuguese premier divisions and they don’t need to have represented their country at any level, nor played in a European tie ??

Yep. 

Equally being so you can sign any player from any league if they have played in continental football. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So you can buy any player from German/French/ Spanish/Italian/Portuguese premier divisions and they don’t need to have represented their country at any level, nor played in a European tie ??

Pretty much yes

In an ideal world the next few days would see us obviously confirm the Fofana sale, Perez off on a free and somehow get rid of Vestergaard and Soyuncu. We then bring in 2 x CBs, a back up left winger and a starting right winger.

I know in reality it will just be Akanji coming in on deadline day, on loan with an option to buy 

• Sad 1

Difficult to see how we can achieve any sort of success in this transfer window. We needed to get players out, well Soumare has now changed his mind and Vestergaard wants to fight for his place. Perez may or may not leave on a free.

Presumably Fofana will complete his move to Chelsea at the beginning of the week leaving us 2-3 days to get replacement(s). This will still leave us with far too many players and several will probably not get a place in the Premier League squad. What then happens with them?

It all feels like nothing will change. We still have Soyuncu, Vestergaard and Amartey as central defenders which is where our weakness is at the moment. Fofana's replacement will have to be good and stay fit.

Ideally we need to ship out two more players than we get in. So, if the ideal is a new CB and a RW then 4 players need to leave.

Not holding out much hope that anything near this scenario will happen.

This summer/January:

2 creative players (wingers preferred)

1 new CB 

Perez/Fofana - leave

Next Summer:

Goalkeeper a new No1

New Natural LB
Target man upfront to give us another dimension. Someone like Ivan Toney.

Get rid of deadwood - Ward, amartey, albrighton, mendy. 

RIGHT NOW: 

a new manager

Edited by StarkFox

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That’s more relaxed than it was pre brexit …… good job we’ve taken back control and are protecting young British football players from cheap imports then …..

It's made it easier to sign non European based players who feature in the Champions League equivalent in South America and Asia but made it harder to sign players from outside the top 5 European leagues unless the players play the majority of international games for their country and feature in Europe for their clubs. Absolutely no hope of getting players from 2nd divisions in the likes of France, Spain, Italy etc any longer.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's made it easier to sign non European based players who feature in the Champions League equivalent in South America and Asia but made it harder to sign players from outside the top 5 European leagues unless the players play the majority of international games for their country and feature in Europe for their clubs. Absolutely no hope of getting players from 2nd divisions in the likes of France, Spain, Italy etc any longer.

Waiting for Defensor to qualify again so we can pick up this lad, 18 in October pffft

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Its not who i want but wouldnt surprise me if they went in for Adama Troare on a loan deal on deadline day

Yep, I have a suspicion that this may happen as well.

20 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Its not who i want but wouldnt surprise me if they went in for Adama Troare on a loan deal on deadline day

I could think of so many worse options than that.

All about different options….take Barnes out and we play a walking football tempo.

Seen a few others post it but is Daka even as rapid as we all thought?