Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Allenho11

Summer 2022 priorities (and realistic options)

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Not to do with Rodgers? Shall we look at the players deemed surplus to requirements to fund his refresh?

Praet

Sourmare

Bertrand

Vestergaard

Perez

If his mate and him hadn’t wasted so much money on crap, we’d be mostly on our way through the rebuild already. 

He absolutely has to take some of the blame. 

Agreed the buck always stops with BR. He and his team has to stand by the previous ideas. But this window, in isolation, has been handled badly by the club, not BR

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc_forever said:

Gakpo is rumoured to be available with PSV having failed to qualify for the CL group stage. 

Also, Ornstein says that Adedire Mebude has interest, including from one Premier League club. He is a RW, albeit a right-footed one. Wouldn’t surprise me if that club was us. @Ric Flair- do you know much about him? 

Don't know much about him, probably means he's class.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

FWIW I don't think we'll sign anyone. I actually think they're going to gamble on this squad getting us through the season. Hope I'm wrong, obviously.

That would be reckless and unforgiveable. 24,000 bought season tickets in good faith and deserve better. After all we've been through, don't let the club die, Top. 

• Like 1

Another name for the Recruitment Team to ponder over whilst they are wetting their fingers to see which way the wind in blowing. Philipp Lienhardt of SC Freiburg. Scores the odd goal or 2 which a bonus.

20 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Barkley has become available. Normally I wouldn’t touch him. But we need bodies at the moment.

Not attacking midfielders though, he'd just be adding another exuberant wage onto our already bloated wage bill for a position we don't even need. If he were a centre back, goalkeeper or right winger, fine.

• Like 4

Liel Abada from Celtic

20 year old right winger from Israel (wouldn't need to be registered), 17 G/A for Celtic last season and already up to 5 G/A this season. 5'5, essentially doesn't have a weak foot though he's naturally right footed

Could probably be had for something under 20m

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62714012

Fed up of Rodgers In/Out Stuff

Ross Barkley is now free agent. - worth a punt? 

(Personality I'm on the fence, but I think his wages would be astronomical and that seems to be the route of our problems, but no transfer fee) 

Let the the fun and games begin on this one

1 minute ago, Guppys Love Child said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62714012

Fed up of Rodgers In/Out Stuff

Ross Barkley is now free agent. - worth a punt? 

(Personality I'm on the fence, but I think his wages would be astronomical and that seems to be the route of our problems, but no transfer fee) 

Let the the fun and games begin on this one

I think he’s a talented enough footballer in the attacking third, but doesn’t bring anything to a team. Too much of an individual his numbers are very poor for the number of games he has played in the premier league. Chelsea wasn’t the right move for him, much like it wasn’t for drinky