Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shade

Third chance modbros?

"There is nothing more noble, more honourable or more courageous than giving a man that erred a third chance, or even a fourth. In time, they will prove themselves to be great, and that greatness will reflect upon you". - Winston Churchill.

8 hours ago, shade said:

"There is nothing more noble, more honourable or more courageous than giving a man that erred a third chance, or even a fourth. In time, they will prove themselves to be great, and that greatness will reflect upon you". - Winston Churchill.

'Ask not what your forum can do for you, ask what you can do for your forum'

• Like 1

I'd give it up mate. You might get unbanned, but will be immediately banned again if you express any opinion other than the well-entrenched forum-held one (this opinion is reinforced by banning all who present any contrasting viewpoint)

There is a path back, but it can only ever be temporary. You're best off here, on the outskirts, with the free-thinkers.

16 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I'd give it up mate. You might get unbanned, but will be immediately banned again if you express any opinion other than the well-entrenched forum-held one (this opinion is reinforced by banning all who present any contrasting viewpoint)

There is a path back, but it can only ever be temporary. You're best off here, on the outskirts, with the free-thinkers.

"STOP to tell BULLSHIT" - Yohan Benalouane

On 26/01/2022 at 19:12, The People's Hero said:

You're best off here, on the outskirts, with the free-thinkers.

That's precisely what the 9/11 'truthers', anti-vaxers, flat earthers and Qanon followers call themselves too, when really all it means is that you think an evening in front of You Tube and social media substitutes for an education.

In fairness to @The People's Hero though mods, aside from his occasional delusions of grandeur and superiority complex, I can't really see why he should still be banned when another member's at liberty to post a link to the abhorrent bitchute.  

And mate, for an example of the echo-chambers that you claim to despise, look no further. I think they term it as 'free thinking'. 

• Like 1

On 28/01/2022 at 08:52, Line-X said:

That's precisely what the 9/11 'truthers', anti-vaxers, flat earthers and Qanon followers call themselves too, when really all it means is that you think an evening in front of You Tube and social media substitutes for an education.

In fairness to @The People's Hero though mods, aside from his occasional delusions of grandeur and superiority complex, I can't really see why he should still be banned when another member's at liberty to post a link to the abhorrent bitchute.  

And mate, for an example of the echo-chambers that you claim to despise, look no further. I think they term it as 'free thinking'. 

To be fair, I'm none of the descriptors in the first paragraph, possibly the only "scientific" thing you'll find I disagree with most members of this board on is the reaction to the covid pandemic and the unwavering demand for vaccines in healthy, under 50 year olds. I didn't even post anything particularly controversial or offensive, just removed for making a strong case against the majority of poster's viewpoints, backed by data and opinions from experts that are contrary to the orthodoxy (quite a few of which have already been proven correct).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, shade said:

To be fair, I'm none of the descriptors in the first paragraph, possibly the only "scientific" thing you'll find I disagree with most members of this board on is the reaction to the covid pandemic and the unwavering demand for vaccines in healthy, under 50 year olds. I didn't even post anything particularly controversial or offensive, just removed for making a strong case against the majority of poster's viewpoints, backed by data and opinions from experts that are contrary to the orthodoxy (quite a few of which have already been proven correct).

I think you'll find that wasn't the reason, but I wasn't referring to you. 

On 03/02/2022 at 22:14, Grebfromgrebland said:

Is this the new general chat for the condemned?

Yes, but don't mention covid, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it, alright, so it's all forgotten now and let's hear no more about it, so that's myocarditis, pericarditis, postural tachycardia syndrome, thrombocytopenia, microcoagulations and transverse myelitis, alright?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

I'm in the sin bin again, this time for posting a Neil Oliver video. I can only assume the reason being was that I put it in the wrong thread! Had I been asked to move it I would have.

Perhaps you should have the gumption (or honesty) to realise that it was completely out of place and insensitive to post it there. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Perhaps you should have the gumption (or honesty) to realise that it was completely out of place and insensitive to post it there. 

Yes I realise that now. But at the time of posting, having just watched the vid on YouTube, seeing the thread title and thinking it would go in there, as I thought it ws depressing, I hadn't read the whole thread. Yes my fault, I know. And yes I jumped the gun.

I think that the removal of the video probably had more to do with it's content rather than where it was posted. I've said before the mods here have been pretty lenient with the posting of misinformation, they've allowed time for it to be refuted within a thread before it's been needed to be removed. This in itself is probably a better way to deal with misinformation, it allows people to see the counter arguments, and allows for an actual discussion, and a rebuttal of the complete and utter nonsense which it is. 

But some of the complete rubbish posted doesn't even warrant refuting, and just needs to be removed on the spot. 

• Haha 1