Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ClaphamFox

Levi Bellfield ‘confesses to Russell murders’

I remember reading about a guy in the 1600s in the Kent who went missing, presumed dead, 2 people were hanged for his murder then he turned back up in the country 2 years later saying he'd been captured and sold off to slavery by a local power.

Edited by Sampson

37 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I remember reading about a guy in the 1600s in the Kent who went missing, presumed dead, 2 people were hanged fjr his murder then he turned back up in the country 2 years later saying he'd been captured and sold off to slavery by a local power.

Timothy Evans wrongfully convicted and hanged at age 25 in 1950 for the 10 Rillington Place murders of his wife and child.

Serial killer John Christie later found to be guilty of the heinous crimes. One of the most harrowing UK stories of this kind of miscarriage of justice.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Timothy Evans wrongfully convicted and hanged at age 25 in 1950 for the 10 Rillington Place murders of his wife and child.

Serial killer John Christie later found to guilty of the heinous crimes. One of the most harrowing UK stories of this kind of miscarriage of justice.

Yeah, I believe that's usually cited as the case as the one that caused the UK to get rid of the death penalty.

His conviction was largely done based on his changing story when he was being intimidated by police and thought they were going to get violent with him while already under intense grief from losing his wife and child.

The whole story is tragic.

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

Well he might as well confess to it as he’s not going to be released ever so What’s a couple more confessions anyway?

wether he actually did it or not is a different story.

I believe he knows details that would only be known by the killer.

From what I’ve heard the evidence Stone was convicted on was quite patchy.

14 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

I believe he knows details that would only be known by the killer.

From what I’ve heard the evidence Stone was convicted on was quite patchy.

I’m sure you’re right. Just throwing it out there as a plot twist :D

21 hours ago, Sampson said:

Yeah, I believe that's usually cited as the case as the one that caused the UK to get rid of the death penalty.

His conviction was largely done based on his changing story when he was being intimidated by police and thought they were going to get violent with him while already under intense grief from losing his wife and child.

The whole story is tragic.

Yes. The Derek Bentley case was also notorious for causing much unease  Mind the last hangings were at late as 1964 in UK

10 hours ago, MPH said:

Ithose heating pipes sure can hold a few secrets! 

The most astonishing thing about this case is the credibility that was given to Daley's evidence. While Michael Stone was in prison he asked to be put into solitary confinement because he felt that other prisoners were trying to trick him into saying something to incriminate himself. Yet we're supposed to believe that, having been granted his request, he then chose to make a full confession through the heating pipes in his cell to Daley. Um, ok then... image.gif.0d2efbef479bbc8a94e99b125a628f92.gif

It was originally claimed that his 'confession' included details of the crime scene that only the killer would know, but it then became apparent that all of the details Daley claimed to have heard from Stone had appeared in the Daily Mirror on the day of the alleged confession. How difficult would it have been for a prison guard to have slipped a copy of the paper into Daley's cell? Then there's the fact that Daley has apparently admitted his evidence was false to numerous acquaintances.

Josie Russell described the attacker as being tall, like her father (6ft) and having spiky blonde hair. Michael Stone was 5'7" and bald. Bellfield is 6ft and had spiky hair at the time, dyed blonde. All of the descriptions of the man in the beige car and acting suspiciously just after the killings are a closer match to Bellfield than Stone.

Meanwhile, Michael Stone is housed on the main wing at Durham's Frankland prison. He walks freely among the other convicts, which would be very unusual for somebody guilty of a crime like this. Bellfield is in the vulnerable prisoner's unit at the same jail, where inmates are put when they're at risk of being attacked by other prisoners. It seems that the other cons at the jail have made their minds up about this case, which I find interesting...

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, MPH said:

Well he might as well confess to it as he’s not going to be released ever so What’s a couple more confessions anyway?

wether he actually did it or not is a different story.

Apparently his confession included things that only the killer would know. Details never released by the police or press. 

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

Apparently his confession included things that only the killer would know. Details never released by the police or press. 

they also said this last year when he apparently confessed - however last year he denied it was his confession and the events that were supposedly only to known be the killer were released in the daily Mirror. Let’s hope this confession is genuine!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MPH said:

they also said this last year when he apparently confessed - however last year he denied it was his confession and the events that were supposedly only to known be the killer were released in the daily Mirror. Let’s hope this confession is genuine!

To be honest, I hope it's not. The thought of someone spending 20 odd years whilst innocent is horrific. Hope to fuch they never got it that wrong.